Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-01-2007, 12:02 AM   #31
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

I say find out what frequency they are on grab a remote and run one of them into the other. They should start blaming each other and the problem should fix itself.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #32
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
LOL, yes, if you can findout what frequency they are, and get a remote, you can take control, make them crash!!.
now thats would be good to catch on video and put on youtube!
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #33
rodderz

It would almost be fun to not crash it if you could control it, for the abundance of fun that could be had via listening to comments of confusion from over the fence...then maybe a quick spin of the blades once they go to pick it up to see which parts not working
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #34
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
...then maybe a quick spin of the blades once they go to pick it up to see which parts not working
you
are
evil.

i like it.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #35
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Take control and fit said 12 gauge to chopper.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #36
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

All you need to do is find out the frequency it operates on, then get a similar controller and get the power upped in it, so it has more wattage output than their controller, then fly one of them into their fuel supply at full tilt, and the other make it crash inside their house, or into their car.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:28 AM   #37
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

some how make a remote to control their aircraft and nose dive them into the ground? is that possible?

edit: hmm ok people have already suggested the idea :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #38
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

12 gage, its chopper season LOL

A .22 loaded up with Subsonic ammunition, they would never see or hear it coming, one second she’s flying the next she isn’t.

The best would be to>

wait till it gets close enough and hit it with a CO2 fire extinguisher and watch the motor cut out gravity will do the rest.

Make sure it hit’s you as it falls, and then sue them for damages!!!! LMAO
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #39
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
12 gage, its chopper season LOL
A .22 loaded up with Subsonic ammunition, they would never see or hear it coming, one second she’s flying the next she isn’t.
Subsonics are not silent,they still go bang,only they travel under the speed of sound so dont propagate a sonic boom,you would need an illegal attachment to make them silent.
Way more trouble if your caught with that than just going over and dancing a jig on the choppers in front of the owners...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #40
LUXO_8
windsor user

how high up do they fly em?

large net on a pole....catch the bloody things and dont give them back
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #41
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Having another controller on the same frequency will not allow you to control their copter, but they also will not be able to control it correctly and no doubt it would crash.

Next time it suits you, start up your lawn mower and leave it at the back fence at full noise, they will get sick of that quickly, well my mate did when his ex put one next to his bedroom window after work at about 4 in the morning

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:02 AM   #42
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They don't park them outside do they? If they do, pour the petrol on the choppers and add one lit match :
If you can figure out how to jam the controllers that would be ideal - they won't be able to use them long in their yard and will have to take them somewhere appropriate. Or if you can make them accidentally crash into your yard with the jammer, then deny ever seeing the helicopter after you quickly hide it away. Any attempt by them to come into your yard to retrieve it would be trespassing.
Over time, throw one piece at a time of the chopper over the fence - damaged beyond repair of course.

Perhaps have another word to them - suggest taking them flying them in the park. The choppers could lose control and the rotors would do some damage to anything in range. A mate of mine has one of them and wouldn't fly them in a backyard for anything more than brief testing.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #43
Scott

Why'd your mate own up to throwing the golf ball??

I think you should buy some kites and fly them when the choppers are in the air. Just fly the kite in their direction - whether you get it with the kite, the string or make them crash whilst avoiding you it doesn't matter. A reasonable kite will only cost about $100.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #44
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nugget> never actually used them my-self, Thou I would have thought with the sound of the chopper engine and with a bit of background music it would be fairly inaudible, at best like cap gun going off.

As for a illegal attachment, I have heard that a Potato over the muzzle does a acceptable job, Once agene never actually tried it.

Thou ether way not the best idea letting off firearms in suburbia the cops don’t really like it too much LOL
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #45
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockbf
these are all very good and valid points. that fixes them in the long term and i still might try this. BUT how could i shut these RC's up for now in the immediant future.
earplugs?

I would think there would be regulations about flying them in residential areas - especially of a night. Powered, possibly no lights, could be an issue.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:06 AM   #46
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
get this peeps.

for the last two weeks,the house behind me has 2 teenage males living there with their parents, they have just got these FREAKING petrol powerd helicopters.

i dont mind these things, IN SMALL DOSES.
but while i am writing this the clock just ticked over 9:27pm.
i have listend these things non stop for about id say 2 hours
and the day befor that was about the same and the day befor that and the day befor that. :togo:

any way,they fly these over grown mozzies over our back fence and scare the hell out of the dogs and annoy the **** outa me.
i have repoprted them to the cops but this doesnt seem to deter them.
i rang the council and they cant do it under noise poloution because it doesnt make that much noise and doesnt fall under any catagory.
Fair enough Although the coppers orderd them to stop flying them after 7:30pm.

last week we were having a bbq and they started up again 6:30 in the arvo
on and off till about 9:45 when me and a mate got sick of hearing them we went outside and threw a tennis ball ond a golf ball at em'

i missed with the tennis ball but my mate hit with the golf ball. causing the this to crash to the ground. they learnt their lesson they other one returned home and we didnt hear from it again for a few days.

cops rock up at the door the same night wanting to know why we willfully damaged someones property ect ect. we told the story they were going to speak with the other party and work it out. We never heard back .UNTIL TODAY where i got a letter from some big nob in the small claims saying if the damage wasnt payed for imediently we would go to court. My mate who didnt want this payed for the damages he withdraw some money out of the bank and gave it to them. we went to get tea (well pizza) and i **** you not 2............2..................2 FREAKING HELICOPTERS FLYING AROUND MY BACK YARD AGAIN. now 9:42 and they just put these things to sleep. AHHHHHHHHHH peace at last

sorry i had to express my ****edofftness
cheers Duane.
normally 7am to 10 pm for reasonable noise , have a chat to the epa and possibly the aviation authoritys if they get up a bit , do you know anyone with a broadband radio reciever ? ( any local hams ?) once you use such a reciever to establish what frequency the controllers are on it would be a terrible shame if someone caused a crash by using a borrowed signal generator on a decent ariel to block the hand held controllers... just dreadful causing a crash like that .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #47
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I have an Orange Launcher that you can use to shoot it down............and some 10 Shooter Fire Works

In regards to dobbing them into Centrelink as they have too much money, Centrelink wouldn't care as it would be extra work for them.........

And why the hell would you pay for a replacement Heli-Copter - if it went to court the worse that could happen is that you would have to pay for the Heli-Copter but that would be months and months before it would go to court and thus it would be months and months before they had a replacement Heli-Copter.......

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:22 AM   #48
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He'd have to pay costs as well
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 AM   #49
EvilChief
Boost Addict

get a radio freq jammer ... as soon as they start flying jam the frequencies and watch em crash ... noone can prove it was u after wards and if they happen to fall into you backyard, just go and remove the frequency chips an they will never take off again
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:39 AM   #50
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you can take the frequency over take the chopper as high as as you can before you nose dive it the ensure maximum damage to the chopper a hopfully their house roof too.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 AM   #51
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
wont goverment pay for the house then with yours mine and every ones taxes???? but they have some money this lot. like they have brand new motorbikes ba xr6 .allways drinking jimmy. i dont know where they get it obviously they dont spend it on anything else.

i should get a video of it and post it on you tube aye what yas think???
Seriously, just get an RC hand unit from a model shop with interchangable chipset. An RC car unit will do, some are under $100 and would suffice, you only want to interfere with it, not fly it. IIRC the frequency will be in the 25 to 50mhz slot (its usually 30 something for decent stuff, and lol 27 for cheap imports). Go to a model/RC toy shop and see if you can see what they have, look on the controller for the frequencies, see how many different ones there are. The crystal chips are plug and play. A simple thing that sits on the outside of the controller, its no harder than changing a sim card. Theyll never know it was you, you could do it from a room at that end of the house.

If it is 27 mhz, use a SSB CB. It will interfere with it something fierce. Doesnt take much to drop a chopper.

As for boundary. If its over your backyard, for even a second, thats trespass (in Qld anyway). They dont have to touch your ground, the airspace above to about 50 metres is considered your property and no-one has the right to violate it. They are making use of your property, without your consent. Its civil though (police wont do anything in that regard, council is the same), so you have to weigh up the costs v benefits, you would likely get an award of compensation, question is will they pay up. Costs would be theirs too, but youd have to pay your solicitors first.

Personally, Id fire my sons RC controller, and have some fun. Sooner or later, Ill find the frequency. Know anyone with a scanner that scans in those lower ranges? Most decent scanners start scanning around 25mhz. Im not sure but I reckon it would pick up something and stop scanning and the screen will show you the frequency. Just wait till theyre flying them, tomorrow it seems.

I can see Ive been ninjad, the controller will work. As said you wont fly it, yours will cause enough interference, it will just not do what they want it too, thus it WILL CRASH. Theyre hard to fly. At $1300, it will have about 6 servos.

Last edited by fmc351; 04-01-2007 at 04:43 AM.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #52
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't belive yoour mate gave them $1300 bucks (ouch!) - couldnt you have just denied it?

Sensible solution:
I would try council again - there is no way these things are legal to fly in a suburban backyard - speak to someone higher up and threaten to go to ACA (sounds like a juicy story to me).

Not so Sensible Solution:
If all else fails get your mate to punch you in the head then go and claim that you were in your backyard and the helicopter hit you. Then sue them for a million dollars.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #53
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:

they retaliated by painting one of my dogs fluro pink with hair dye.

Pics?????
:
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #54
dan.76
always reading posts

have good look or take a pic of the choppers and post them up. someone will know the brand and model and then you will be able to interfere with the signal. with the choppers and all the obsticles around a back yard its bound to crash.

also how good would it be to crash them every time they start . get the boys around for a few beers and screw with the neighbours , gold
dan.76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #55
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not the cheapest but the simplest option is same frequency controllers Have a fly yourself. Once they start getting interference they'll stop using them in the area. Another option is do you know anyone else with an R/C helicopter and an abundance of frequencies.

I used to race R/C cars (petrol). It's the very reason I have my frequency so low in the FM 40mhz range. It's not even a listed R/C car FM frequency. The list of frequencies stops a few frequencies above.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #56
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #57
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
He'd have to pay costs as well
Not if he settled just before the Court Date.............that would stuff them around for a bit.

And I am unsure of having to pay costs on such a small amount............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #58
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Default I fly RC

I fly RC Choppers and Planes. I think you will find the rules the same all over australia. Governed by AMA Model *** Website Flying RC anywhere other then a sanctioned field is normally Illegal. Especially if the bird is flown in a residential area. Local law should cover airborne powered craft.
Why did your mate fork out $1300 dollars. Sounds like the full price of a 30 size chopper. Ripped off mate, my $4000.00 petrol big chopper is only $500-$800 bucks when I have a big crash.

The idea of getting his frequency will not really work. You have to know what channel he is on. Radio gear is a seperate purchase to the heli. We run 36 megahurts with 40 channels. IE I run 36.640. But I aslo have a synthesised chipset and can choose any channel I like in the 36meg range.

You should see legal aid. They are illegal to fly residential. They are a lethal weapon. If it is petrol powered the blades should be doing about 450km/hr at the tips. Enough to do some serious injury and people have died from blade strike.
This guy is a moron for flying anywhere near people.
I flirt with the law a lot with the heli, but I always have a spotter if at a park or something, and make sure I stay away from people ALWAYS!

Honestly, we have a lot of safety rules with the heli's, because they can KILL.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEFORE SOMEONE NEXTDOOR IS HURT PLEASE.
(I dont want the things banned, but the idiots need to understand the risk involved with these things.)
Even if you contact the Model association... They will help you because these idiots are a risk to our hobby.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #59
BlackLS

My brain would go the lawnmower and whipper snipper against the back fence.

My heart would go the controller.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #60
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Put up a "No Fly Zone- All unauthorized aircraft will be shot down" sign. They have been warned then :

Personally I wouldn't of been so subtle and hit it with a bat if it was low enough.

My yard, my ******* RC helicopter now
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post