Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #31
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default Re: What is it with people.

I caught someone in the act.. i was sitting in a friends car in shopping centre door opened on my mates car, id had a very bad day just prior.

Offender denied it and then basically said "so what are you gonna do"

he paid a heavy price.

my mate returned to his car to see all sorts of carnage, people and shopping scattered everywhere

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 26-03-2014 at 12:33 AM.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #32
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't get that at all. This has only happened to me once, a couple of years ago, and I had to pay the excess. If I ever find out who did that ....

And then there's the people who park next to you when there are a lot of other spots available ... WHY???

I walk around my car every time I come back to it - a lot of people think that it's weird, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. I check for fresh dings, and inevitably I find one every few days. I don't have enough evidence to prove that it was the fault of the car parked next to me when I returned to my car but I swear if I ever catch them .....
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #33
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Yeah I'm always real careful about where I park. But still I've ended up with 2 door dings in 2 years. They are not that noticeable luckily.

It always annoys my wife when I'm taking my time looking for the perfect park. But I will never park across 2 spaces. I think that would **** most people off, so they probably go out of their way to damage your car.
This user likes this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #34
XW-BAXR6T

Sorry to hear Op, i know your pain & fraustration.

I had one guy in parked right beside me once in a MacDonald's car park, i was parked & enjoying my maccas meal and this moron on my side who was also parked was leaving as he was getting out he swiped my front side fender, cant recall which side now it was years ago. He was going to make a runner for it while he's looking at me in eyes, can you believe it?, remember i was in car eating my meal & im like wtf, no your not going anywhere. I came out to chase him but he decided to stop, i believe it was his passenger who convinced him to stop.

This guy's attitude was like ahh chit i dont want to stop i got some place important to go to. People dint care then & this was in 1995 i think?, i can imagine its worse now?

Car he hit was a nice Dark Blue Fairmont GXL XC 77 that i owned. Same car was hit by another person years before, no one saw him hit my right front fender pushing it right in one late night while i was at work, yep you guest it he left no note. So i had to claim with my insurance & paid no access as back then there was no access for no fault. Lucky.

Nick.
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #35
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
hey guys so angry, i have a 15month old focus sports and after 3 weeks of owning it someone scraped the passenger side rear quarter and grazed it. Now i go outside and look at the car only to see someone has scraped the drivers side, this time its pushed in the metal near the fuel filler and scraped all down the bumper. I mean wtf there was no notes left on both incedents and thats part reason why i got a smaller car was so no one would hit it. No one ever hit my other buckets of crap why this new car?
Anyway can i get insurance to fit it since it was obviously done in a shopping centre carpark, my insurer is rac?
ps its stressfull owning a new car, i might go back to an xf falcon.
Couple of things, you will need to make two claims as two incidents have occurred. Cannot really say it happened at the same time as they are on opposite sides of the car. One on driver side and other passenger side.

In this case, it means two excesses and it will more than likely go against your policy twice, so you may be hit with two premium increases. Basically if you have no details most insurance policy will put this against you and it will be the same as being at fault. Depending on your policy will depend on the outcome.

People who park away from everyone else at shopping centres and such, don’t relies they are making their car an easier target for thieves and damage. When a car is parked away, people have less chance of being caught if they break into a car. Cars that are parked by themselves can be put onto a back of a tow truck easier also.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #36
Spurious

It happens to all of us at one time or another. Back in 2003 I had my '85 XF s pack all sanded & primed & awaiting the new paint job. It was a daily driver & my only car so I had to take it out etc.

I started a habit years ago & still do it today, when I park, go shopping & return to the car, I'll do a walk around especially if the cars next to me have moved/changed.

With the XF all primed & free of dents/scratched I returned from a supermarket ( I specifically parked away from others) to find an ugly old green pajero next to mine, The driver had hit my passenger mirror removing the undercoat. I waited 15 minutes for the owner to return, but got bored & left but not before issuing some revenge!

A few weeks later I'm sitting IN the car & another X ford pulled up next to me. Rear drivers door opens & BANG!!!, right into the side of my car. Bogun chick walks off unfazed. WTF
I got out & walked around to look, mind you the driver of said X ford was still sitting in his POS, I mentioned he might want to tell his friend to be more f'ing careful in future...his response..."OK I'll f'ing tell her"!!!
I saw that same X ford on the side of a highway a few days later with the bonnet up...I gave them a horn & one finger salute as I gracefully sped past.
KARMA.

Some people you just want to drag out of their cars & beat them to death on the ground ha'.

Think about an onboard camera system people. With resolution good enough to read number plates. The camera doesn't lie!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #37
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Just shaking my head reading these stories... i don't understand why so many think it's ok to damage someone else's possessions. Got my own stories to add but there's enough here. It's way too common...
Old 26-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #38
Golioth
Cruzin in FNQ

A lot of grubs out there these days! I parked my BF Typhoon in shopping centre car park, it was busy, not many spots available. Ended up next to a old, rusty, beatup Toyota. Was a bit dubious but it was a quick in & out visit to the shops. Came back in 10 minutes, Toyota is gone and in the middle of my bonnet is a huge 90 degree angle scratch. They had obviously placed a large heavy box of some description on the bonnet while they loaded up their Toyota...how could they do that to a smick, shiny car bonnet???? I hope there is a Karma god!
Golioth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #39
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCat View Post
Just shaking my head reading these stories... i don't understand why so many think it's ok to damage someone else's possessions. Got my own stories to add but there's enough here. It's way too common...
Quite easy to explain, a lot of people don't value their own cars let alone yours.

A sad society imo.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #40
iCat
doof doof doof doof

^^ they may not value their own car but someone else's car is someone else's possession. So they are saying it's quite ok to vandelise someone else's possession. You're right, it's a very sad society.
Old 26-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #41
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

someone put a little ding in the xh ute in the carpark at work
no note
i also know someone who has an sv6 that was damaged rather badly in the work car park
he had started early in the morn as he is the supervisor, by the time the shift rolled in an hr later one of the guys asked him what happened to his car
he ducks back out and inspects it
yup damaged, few grands worth
so he ducks up to the security hut to see if any of the cameras caught it (they dont zoom and are quite limited in seeing the whole car park)
as luck would have it it was all caught on film
a manager
so he put the footage on a usb stick and went back over to our area and played it on the pc asking a few others if they knew the guy (we are a big site)
someone else in the office knew exactly who he was

so he walks over the other side of the site and confronts him in the office
asking him if he hit his car
completely denied it

mate holds up the usb stick and lets absolute rip at him
everyone pretty much stopped work in the adjoining offices to come see what the hell was going on
even the guys wife who works there cam in demanding what the hell was going on
not only did he hit the car, he did it twice and then once he realized he couldnt fit or was too ******* stupid to back it into the space he drove off and parked somewhere else in the car park
he got right royally embarased in front of everyone and the guy who had his car hit went off that much im surprised HR didnt get involved
he gave him insurance details and paid for the lot

complete ******** manager who thought he was better than everyone else and wouldnt get caught
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #42
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
One reason I no longer bother with a new car as a daily.....

If you claim on insurance you pay excess and loose no claim bonus, it may be cheaper to get it fixed yourself.
especially if they make you pay the excess twice for the two separate hits
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #43
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

This is why I miss my old XD.....absolute gun of a car, always kept it clean, and the body was pretty straight, but being a beige GL with steel wheels it always looked a little grubby, kinda looked like something uncle buck would drive. I swear people were afraid of it in car parks and in traffic, noone would ever park next to it and they would always let me in when merging

People are absolute scum, if I ever catch someone denting my car.....
Old 27-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #44
gunner

Unfortunately it seems that only cars in good nick get dinged. My wife and I saved our pennies and bought a mint '03 Focus Zetec last year (yeah, we're not rich!). Within 6 months there's;
a scratch and dent the full length of the car that we believe was due to a contractor reversing his trailer into,
the front right corner has been scraped,
the front left corner has been scraped,
the back left has been scraped twice.

If I'd known it would turn into a daily runabout in average condition I would have bought a runabout for 1/3 the price. :(

The old work ute, however... 310,000 kms and not a scratch or a ding on her.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #45
V8 6I

Back in the 80s I went to Woolies, when I came out I seen a boy about 10 or 12 with Grandma about 50 leaning on my bonnet scatching a scatchie ticket, when I yelled out they hitailed it into the carpark.Lucky no damage done but no respect for other peoples property.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #46
marlin351

Parked my xa fairmont down the local beachfront for a family bbq. Was at least another 40 cars also parked watching the sunset. I watched as a tourist was scoping the area to set up his camera and tripod. He walked up and down the parked cars until he spotted the xa and being the oldest car in the lineup he went on to set his camera and tripod up on the roof of my car. I could see the amusing side of it. A 40 year old car . Who would care he thought. Some people just dont get the car thing.
94 bmw 540
marlin351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #47
nstg8a

I had one ages ago when I was at maccas, had the missus car for some reason, anyway came out and this hippie dude was getting all cuddly with his missus, while she was sitting on the bonnet of my missus car!

Got pretty heated, and someone called the cops lol. As soon as the cops showed up the hippies went very apologetic and just couldn't get out of there fast enough.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #48
commonrails

I waited 4 months for Bunnings warehouse to not pay for the damages to my ford ranger as the red sales signs they have out the front on display for wheelbarrows etc fell into my rear passenger quarter panel and scratched the hell out of it when driving past. Went inside showed them the sign and my car. They made it all formal and gave me an incident report number and asked that I get a quote to repair it and come back with a letter of claim, did that twice and numerous phone calls to their customer relations made no difference. Went through insurance in the end. Bunnings are total scum imo and if it were the other way around they would more then likely have debt collectors casing me.
commonrails is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #49
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez I get really mad at the scum and mindless for scratching my cars- I've been a victim of quite a nasty one and a few others that were obviously intentional but tripods on roofs, scratchy tickets and ahem, other activities - Wow! - new levels of dickheadness.

And yes, some people don't get the car thing - but its not about that, it is common courtesy, awareness and the respect of other peoples property.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #50
66FAIRLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin351 View Post
Parked my xa fairmont down the local beachfront for a family bbq. Was at least another 40 cars also parked watching the sunset. I watched as a tourist was scoping the area to set up his camera and tripod. He walked up and down the parked cars until he spotted the xa and being the oldest car in the lineup he went on to set his camera and tripod up on the roof of my car. I could see the amusing side of it. A 40 year old car . Who would care he thought. Some people just dont get the car thing.
I just cannot believe this one. It has to take the cake. If it were my car the tripod would have to have been surgically removed from his rectum.
66FAIRLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #51
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys should try owning a nice motorbike! For some reason people think it's ok to sit on them, touch them or put their kids on them! Sure knock over a 15K bike and see what happens!
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #52
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin351 View Post
It would have been pretty funny to walk over casually and push his tri-pod off the car with the camera on it and watch it smash into the ground and walk off without saying anything.

I was going to take the Falcon for a spin out to work so me and the old man arranged all the cars in the driveway so I could get the Falcon at the front of the driveway to leave, he brings the bins in and breaks the mirror with the bin right afterwards, its just taped together with electrical tape now lol.

Another time he was moving the ride on lawn mower and smashed it into his own car door pushing it in.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #53
Focusfan

Is a big pain in the b side. Is a common thing if you look around cars parked anywhere in shopping centres you will see many dents and
scratches. Some are obviously the culprits as there is hardly a straight
panel or bumper on their cars, even broken lights.
Seen a EL one day at Acacia ridge, southside Brisbane, had both tail lights
broken, both headlights and flasher lamps broken, dents and scrapes on
both sides of the car so it would have to be a , word not allowed, driver.
Have a new Focus sport myself as well and so far so good although I have come close to a couple of clowns that seemed to want to merge into the
side of my car while driving. Seems they cant look sideways and rely on
mirrors to see beside them. My previous EF had bonnet keyed and the
left rear door was door dented, believe it or not, 5 times at local club.
I know the culprits and avoid parking near them. Temped a few times
to do some damage but not my way. Yin Yang what goes round.
Seen a damaged van one day being passed by the police, must have
been blind cops as they did not see the broken tail light or the front seat belt hanging out the bottom of the door.
Focusfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #54
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
You guys should try owning a nice motorbike! For some reason people think it's ok to sit on them, touch them or put their kids on them! Sure knock over a 15K bike and see what happens!
Happens to povo bikes too lol, I had to kick a kid off mine ages ago, the mother (for want of a better term) couldn't see anything wrong with her little darling treating my bike like an amusement ride.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #55
borough

It is not just people the weather can be an ***. I took delivery on the 30/11/11 my new FG XR6, fast forward too Christmas day and there was the Melbourne hail storm with cricket ball sized hail stones. I stood out and watched every hit on my pride and joy, and oh boy that hurt.
borough is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #56
brens

Had a car full of deadsh*t pimple faced P platers arguing about the sand in thier va-ge-gees this arv at Dan Murphys Hamilton while I was returning to my still sparkling new 2015 XR8. Watched as I loaded beer into the boot as deadsh*t front passenger #1 open door into my drivers side panel. Red mist of blood murder still running through me. No easily visible damage, but I'm still burning red hot anger. Blamed his mate in the backseat for it. This is the caliber of men we have coming through

2015 Ford Falcon FGX XR8 in Emperor
brens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2016, 11:50 PM   #57
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about this one. Yesterday I was parking in my garage, trying to park as close to the left-hand wall as possible so I could get in and out without having the door hit on the car next to me. In doing so I scraped the passenger side wing mirror on the wall. Tiny scratch but still kicking myself.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2016, 12:42 AM   #58
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by brens View Post
Had a car full of deadsh*t pimple faced P platers arguing about the sand in thier va-ge-gees this arv at Dan Murphys Hamilton while I was returning to my still sparkling new 2015 XR8. Watched as I loaded beer into the boot as deadsh*t front passenger #1 open door into my drivers side panel. Red mist of blood murder still running through me. No easily visible damage, but I'm still burning red hot anger. Blamed his mate in the backseat for it. This is the caliber of men we have coming through
Claim it on insurance and watch the color drain out of their faces when they get a bill for several thousand dollars.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2016, 01:45 AM   #59
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most upsetting when people have no appreciation for other peoples property, had my share of damage done by others to my cars over the years , the one thing that came to mind for me some years ago was too have an old dungbox for a daily ,
one car i had many years go i bought as a pus box to drive to work and leave at the truck depot , and leave the dunger there over the weekend when i took the truck home,
i did not care if it got door banged, stolen/written off , 10.00 marks down the side of it, and i could park it at any shopping centre and not give a toss.
it was the best 400 dollars i ever spent on a car.
Sad so many humans are scum bags .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2016, 02:27 AM   #60
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reading this post whilst in bed has me so ******* mad right now reading all of your poor stories you blokes have copped with your cars, I feel so bad but yet ******* angry at the stories I am reading.

I'm only a young bloke 18 with the lovely bf xr6 hopefully once I get a job a build thread will happen, mind you couple weeks ago I was inside my house looking at the front at where my car was. I'm looking there until something bad catches my attention. 2 boys bouncing a soccer ball who id say were 12 but acting like they owned the street. For some unknown reason my mind instantly told itself for them not to throw the ball at my car......... And guess what happens he throws it at my bf xr6 pretty hard sounding like something breaks which I instantly go outside on my balcony and let it rip on them.

I get one **** scared look from the innocent one but a grim from the offender and I swear if I was down there I would have kicked that little ****ers head into the ground. Honestly I have a lot of respect being 18 and I was never taught to be such a **** wit, these generations are so ****** in the future that things are going to get so much ******* worse its not funny.

Cannot stand these oxygen wasters as friends of mine like to call certain people.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: