Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #31
heckaz performance

Someone said they look Identical to the Snort ones,
But thats heresay.
Any Pics MOCK?
hope that helps.

oh, and does away for a while mean what I think it does.
heckaz performance is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #32
snortingboost
XF Ghia. All snorted out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Umm Im not selling manifolds.

I mentioned it in the other thread becauss snortingboost was blatantly knocking other poeples work without evidence of them being inferior.

I was under the impression that you were doing this to get a cheap manifold yourself and not actually selling them to make a profit.

Unlike Snortingboost who was promoting the manifolds while knocking the work of others in an unprofessional manner. He was promoting his business while not being a sponser which is why the thread was closed i think.

Are you selling these manifolds to make a profit for yourself? If not then I would ask the mods to reinstate that thread and keep snorting boost to keep his biased opinions to himself.

If it were me I would deal with Geoff from Snort directly. He seems like a good guy from what Ive experienced.

edit: Ive had a turbo EB which ran a 13.67 and a turbo AU XR6 which went 11.81@120mph. I dont own a turbo ford at the moment, Im building an LC torana with a RB30 in it.
Buddy, i varified that stainless is the way to go over steampipe. The writing is already on the wall for that one. Heckaz i appologize for cutting in on your thread like i did, but sometimes controversey is a good read. There ended up being over 1500 people or there abouts who look at the thread. Those who are interested in the group buy will still buy. I was shutdown elsewhere in a thread i made before your's was even posted up. I figured throwing in a group buy kit was half an option along with your manifold buy. For the very short time it was posted, it's already sold through no problem. I've mentioned your manifold group buy elsewhere so it should go through as well.

We were canned because we mentioned Snortperformance was the source. All the sponsors who pay good money (unlike you and I) to have their stuff on the forum would have had good enough reason to ask for it to be removed on that basis only. As i said though, it's already had enough air time and i'll be helping in the background. Cheers. dan, you've killed my good reputation, lol.
snortingboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #33
heckaz performance

Ok,
Someone could tell us, Doh. :
Fair enough I spose,
I think the original question of where and how much, still is unclear. :
They are available from around:
$480 log Turbo Manifold in a group buy,
$650 Long runner Turbo Manifold in a Group Buy,
up to $1 500 for one, Long Runner Turbo Manifold.

The Mods have spoken, and if the Group Buy thread can be found, it will be reposted. :sm_drool:

Turbo Manifolds are available from, JMM, Snort, TSA, 6 boost, ebs 4l(gettin' away with it), Forums in group buys, and others.

(appoligies dansedgli they were eb_ 4ls manifolds, I thought they were yours for some reason)
How are you gettin' away with it eb_4lt? who do I bribe :
Old 21-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #34
ebs_4l

getting away with it, i have only mentioned my manifold two times, here and my project thread..
ebs_4l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #35
heckaz performance

They look good too ebs-4l,
I just worry about the heat near the steering joint thats all,
may get it hot in circuit and drifting situitions,
and hard to get engineered (there are minimum clearances allowed).
But I'm from QLD where some reckon its just an engineers certificate thats needed for Turbo on E-Series approval. Can anyone Varify this?
I was having a shop make some that seemed similarly close to the steering, so I didn't go with that design, or them, in the end (it worried me that much).
What are your thought ebs-4l?
Does the steering get too hot, or is it ok for you?
Old 21-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #36
snortingboost
XF Ghia. All snorted out

Heckaz, the exhaust comes pretty close to the steering on a BA XR8, if ford can get away with just a little sheilding then so can we. I have about an inch between the steering box (XF falcon) and the dump pipe, I think it would get pretty hot if i was to do a big burnout or something involving high rev's and little air flow but hasn't stuffed it yet. BA type Starter motor is even closer, maybe a quarter of an inch, still keeps cranking though. Drifting should be ok, just don't do doughnuts. Heat sheilding cures everything, maybe i should use some.
Old 21-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #37
heckaz performance

Doh,
I love doing doughnuts...
and big burnouts at willowbank, and want to retain burnout-ability.
It's a must.
The log style Turbo manifolds leave a lot of room from the accesories.
Mmmmm...
Old 22-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #38
ebs_4l

glad you like it heckaz, i think i have plenty of room around the steering shft, i just finished my exhaust last night at work, but forgot to take my camera up and had to tow my car home that nite, otherwise id have some real good underside photos...

my car isnt running yet, hopefully kick it in the guts tomorrow morning if all goes well.

i will get some photos just dont know when..
Old 22-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #39
ebs_4l

oh, i rekn i have bout a couple of inches clearance on my steering arm, i have some of that alloy heat sheilding material from lukey its a 3 layer alloy sheet, and can be shaped to fit anything, i have it under my manifold to stop my power steering hoses burning
Old 22-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #40
snortingboost
XF Ghia. All snorted out

Ready for big burnouts then! Sweet.
Old 23-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #41
heckaz performance

That heatshielding sounds good ebs 4l.
Espescially to stop these plastic brake boosters cracking,
brakes and Steering, are probably the 2 most important safety aspects of a car.
Many Turbo istallations have been knocked back on approval, because of not enogh clearance on these items, inadequate heat shielding etc.
Does anyone know ifs you just need an engineers certificate in QLD for Turbo installs on e-series at the moment?