Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #31
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Slashing tyres!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
must admit i have done the ol slashy slash before..

I have one first thing of a morning. ......Woops, wrong sort of slash.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
No doubt it would be annoying having lots of cars parked around your drive way. But as long as they are obeying the rules then it's bad luck.
I bet most of the whinging residents have only lived in those houses for a few years and the train station and it's commuters have been there years before them.
Does anyone look at the street and neighbourhood before buying a house? Or do they just look at the house and block out the surrounds until they move in. Then they start to complain.

Having lived in an area, where it had a narrow street, I can sympathise with driveways being blocked and getting rather annoying.

If people are visiting, how hard is it to park up a driveway? That's one thing I used to comment about.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #33
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
I have one first thing of a morning. ......Woops, wrong sort of slash.
something you dont do.. mess wit sistas....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #34
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
No doubt it would be annoying having lots of cars parked around your drive way. But as long as they are obeying the rules then it's bad luck
the article suggests they are blocking driveways - that is illegal
if they are parking on the nature strip, then the home owners have more reason to complain. while they don't own it, they have to maintain it. it is the home owners right to want it looking good, but when disrespectful but heads park on it, suddenly they have an ugly piece of dirt in front of there property
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #35
Djrystofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Having lived in an area, where it had a narrow street, I can sympathise with driveways being blocked and getting rather annoying.

If people are visiting, how hard is it to park up a driveway? That's one thing I used to comment about.
This annoys me when the people accross the road have a rather long driveway (enough to fit 6 cars) and yet, the idiots choose to park right opposite my driveway.
It's a ***** to get out of especially when they're in ******* commodores & somehow think it's fine to park a metre away from the gutter.
Djrystofer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #36
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think people need to wake up to themselves, a person can park their car out the front of your house as long as they want, as long as it is legally parked and registered, it's not your road, it belongs to everyone. If you chose to reside near a station or in a narrow street that was your choice, and as long as it is legal to park there anyone can park there, get over it.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #37
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Who said it was a "dude" ?.
woops how sexist of me , allow me to correct it..........

Originally Posted by mik
that would take a big effort to slash tyres on 70 cars, how can they not catch this .....dude/dudet?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #38
Kynan
Sound of a V8 = Bliss

Letting a tyre down by placing a small rock under the cap of the valve is one thing but slashing a tyre is just low...
Kynan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #39
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hate to admit, but I can totall understand where the slashers are coming from. I live in a narrow street in the shape of a horseshoe. Part of my street has an alley way leading to the back gate of the local primary school.

Everyday my street is almost blocked by illegally parked cars who will not park an extra 50 metres away, just to be safe. When I say almost blocked, I mean I barely get my ute through. An ambulance would not get through.

Driveways do get blocked, and my wife once saw an idiot park in somebodys driveway blocking it. The homeowner came out to argue with this moron, and yet the moron believed he had every right to park there. He even tried to argue the point with the homeowner. The moron refused to move his car, and the homeowner had to wait until this jerk had picked up his kid, before the homeowner could get his car out and go to where he had to.

We have called the police and the council. We have stated that
an ambulance would not be able to get past. Both have said that they cannot do anything about it. Nobody wants to know about the problem.

I understand that almost everybody here has a car and understands how much replacing tyres costs. What most don't seem to understand is how much money goes into home ownership, and just how much money in property value can be lost by having cars parked all up and down the street.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #40
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I bet most of the whinging residents have only lived in those houses for a few years and the train station and it's commuters have been there years before them.
Does anyone look at the street and neighbourhood before buying a house? Or do they just look at the house and block out the surrounds until they move in. Then they start to complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
People moving close to a train station without parking and complain about cars. FFS get over it and don't take it into your own hands.
Actually, I doubt very much that the residents moved in after the train station was built. The Mandurah line is but a decade old. The houses in that area are generally significantly older.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #41
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
I think people need to wake up to themselves, a person can park their car out the front of your house as long as they want, as long as it is legally parked and registered, it's not your road, it belongs to everyone.

I can accept it's legal, but courtesy and common sense is severly lacking these days. If there is room to park up a driveway, why not do it? Courteous to traffic on the road, courteous to neighbours wanting to back out their driveway and common sense will tell you, less chance of it getting side swiped.

Having lived in a narrow street, I understand how bloody frustrating it is, trying to play dodgem cars, with parked cars and on coming cars, when there is room up driveways to park.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #42
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

In reality this is talking about slashing, I live up a hill with an almost 30-45 degree angle at one point most of it is 20-30 degree, rough estimate, it takes one full minute to go up it doing 50km/h.. the road on one side is just a drop and some houses the other a hill as the road is cut into it, SO many times have people parked on the side of the road and make it so much harder for people to pass eachother, those going down not wanting to wear out their brakes, those going up not wanting to lose their speed.

The worst is when people park on exact opposite sides of the road so 2 cars basically make the road narrow.. I'm amazed a car hasn't fallen off that hill or side swiped anyone.

But at the end of the day I just think, what inconsiderate idiots, I don't slash their tyres for it, I might if I were to be in an accident because of one =\

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #43
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes we have a big family living across the road, they have about 5 cars , often 3 or 4 of them parked out front and usually parked close to the edge of the driveway, Fridays and Saturdays nights when they have friends over more often than not there`s 6 or 7 cars in our narrow street section and all parked around the entrance to their driveway and our adjacent driveway, sometimes it`s an act of precision driving to get in or out of our drive or even the street for that matter , it can be a bit annoying at times.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #44
Belial
Clevo Mafia Muscle Man

In the last year my Mother inlaws street has become a weekday car park due to the massive amount of people moving into the area and using the train to commute.
What I don't understand is they have no issues catching the train, yet drive their car to the station.... Catch a bus there!

A couple of times I have been there on the weekend in the Pig and if the people across the road have their car out the front of their house, I can't get out without driving down the nature strip and using the drive way next door!?!?!?!

On weekdays the family struggle to get in and out of their driveway and only manage to do so by the fact that their drive way and the house next door are parallel.

With the turning circle of the Pig, that doesn't even help me.

Daily
FPV GS Manual Sedan. (1 of 20)
now 360rwhp thanx to Blue Power Racing
"Global warming..." " I'm doing my part!"

Also a member of the Clevo Mafia.
You hit me, we hit you!
&
Metal Jacket Muscle Car Club
Belial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post