Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #31
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Default Re: Electricity prices between states.

North-West NSW

Peak 31.11c
Controlled Off-peak 12.22c

All electric house, 1917kWh for last quarter.

The Off-peak hot water is about 1/3 total energy use.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #32
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
North-West NSW

Peak 31.11c
Controlled Off-peak 12.22c

All electric house, 1917kWh for last quarter.

The Off-peak hot water is about 1/3 total energy use.
We get shafted on east coast
peak 0.4974 kwh
off peak 0.1302 kwh
shoulder 0.2324 kwh
supplie charge $135.96 per quarter.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #33
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

.49c.....Gees thats ruff but your off peak is low as......Wonder if you could charge a battery pack during off peak then use it thru the day up to say 12pm?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #34
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
We get shafted on east coast
peak 0.4974 kwh
off peak 0.1302 kwh
shoulder 0.2324 kwh
supplie charge $135.96 per quarter.
Thats pure highway robbery!!! Surely there are other providers with significantly cheaper rates???
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #35
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Thats pure highway robbery!!! Surely there are other providers with significantly cheaper rates???
apparently that's the govco mandated wholesale price as AGL is the reseller.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #36
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
If there ever was an incentive to go full solar and go off the grid, that is it right there. Thieving bumhats!
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #37
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:

YEE GODS!! 49c is a rort, you're being gouged and I'd be looking deeper into that for sure. Here in SA we have the highest average power charges in the country and I'm with AGL and our peak is around 32c.

I have a 5kw solar system and got my second quarter bill yesterday and am now $84 in credit with an average usage of just under 13kwh a day with a 25c per kwh feed in tarif. That's after a $78 bill last quarter...which should be the last one I ever pay.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #38
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

0.26kwh flat rate. Might look into the peak and off peak stuff but not to fussed at the moment latest bill came in and it was $150 for 3 months.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #39
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gold Coast, QLD. AGL Energy. Last bill to 17 sept was 1243kw used. Usage is down from last year at this time as we were having a deck built over 6 weeks and although the pool pump was off for most of it afterwards it was running all day to clear up the pool. Was 17.10, this year 14.13 daily. Gas stove, heat bank hot water. Bill has 2 tariffs and 3 different amounts for each because of a price rise and an estimate.
New price is peak 0.27480 kwh.
Tariff 33 which is pool pump and hot water 0.18520 kwh.
$8.78 supply charge. Only 9 days on old rate.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #40
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
0.26kwh flat rate. Might look into the peak and off peak stuff but not to fussed at the moment latest bill came in and it was $150 for 3 months.
You must never be home. Or at least only 1 person and you sit in the dark at night lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #41
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
You must never be home. Or at least only 1 person and you sit in the dark at night lol.
We were away for two weeks in NZ. But its just me and the missus. I was surprised by this bill as its quite low. The thing is last summer we had the A/C pumping for at least 4-5 hours a day and the bill was still low. I'm pretty sure I can get a cheaper flat rate but that company has bad customer service so the savings don't really warrant the hassle.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

we also have an old transportable on the property that still has power hooked to it
there is not one thing plugged in a socket up in that old house
one bill was $49
the next one was $60ish

?
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #43
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
We were away for two weeks in NZ. But its just me and the missus. I was surprised by this bill as its quite low. The thing is last summer we had the A/C pumping for at least 4-5 hours a day and the bill was still low. I'm pretty sure I can get a cheaper flat rate but that company has bad customer service so the savings don't really warrant the hassle.
Do you know whether your energy retailer bases their bill on actual meter reading or do they estimate usage? If it is the latter, you could be in for a rude shock once the actual reading is taken (I think most companies that estimate do this once per annum) as they will cover the under charging at this point.

That is one reason i will never go with a retailer that uses the estimation process. Sure, the real cost is always the same at the end of whatever period, but I want to make sure I only pay for what I use, not what some company estimates. And I would rather have the money in my bank working for me than the companies coffers in the scenario where they overestimate the usage.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #44
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Do you know whether your energy retailer bases their bill on actual meter reading or do they estimate usage? If it is the latter, you could be in for a rude shock once the actual reading is taken (I think most companies that estimate do this once per annum) as they will cover the under charging at this point.

That is one reason i will never go with a retailer that uses the estimation process. Sure, the real cost is always the same at the end of whatever period, but I want to make sure I only pay for what I use, not what some company estimates. And I would rather have the money in my bank working for me than the companies coffers in the scenario where they overestimate the usage.

Craig H
I was worried about that when the missus and I moved in. But have been in the house for 15 months now. It also works pretty close to the app I have on the phone and the bills have been about the same (except for the last one).
Old 17-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #45
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Our bill is $1,200 for 60 days. I will ending up owning the house and financing the electricity by the time it's paid off. Unbelievable.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #46
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
Our bill is $1,200 for 60 days. I will ending up owning the house and financing the electricity by the time it's paid off. Unbelievable.
Do you have a house full of women? lol. So far our highest peak cost is 49c pkwh in Northern NSW. Whats your rates?
Old 19-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #47
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live in Cairns, have a pool and solar hot water with gas cooktop but electric oven [ which doesn't get used at all ]. Normally pay about $140- $150/90 days.
Missus was away for 18 months and got my bill down to $94/90 days.
Desktop PC is on from 6.00 am - 11.00pm, 32in lcd TV maybe 5 hrs/ day, only run the pool pump when it needs it and never ever leave anything on standby.
Don't have AC and no intention of getting it.
Is it possible that us Aussies may need to do as our grandparents and their parents did and harden up a bit?
My grandfather laid railway lines in Western Queensland had no electricity and raised 11 kids.
I'm sure there's a lot of similiar stories out there about the previous generations. Have we just become used to living in a very narrow band of temperatures and are unwilling to bear the slightest discomfort?
I feel I may get shot down in flames after rereading my post but here goes anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #48
stevz
Banned

http://www.theage.com.au/business/tr...220-2zqw7.html

If we think power prices are bad now, this is only a taste of things to come. Yet another example of Asian investors taking everything over so they can systematically rape this great nation for all its worth. With deals like this our country faces an extremely grim future.
I wonder what sort of kickbacks Abbott, Hockey & co received for this?
The public needs to wake up and stand against this sort of stuff before its all too late.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post