Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #31
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
... i just read a few books thats all . they claim that bicarb soda cannot be patented by drug companies , so they wont recognise it as it woyuld send many drug companies and related businesses around the world bankrupt . ..
Dont know about bi-carb as such, but the reasoning for keeping it quiet is sound, there is no money in cures for many illnesses, but continued streams of income in relief etc.

I wouldnt put it past them. Yeah yeah, Im a cynic.... given the proven over and over again tendency to put profits before safety and health, its warranted cynicism.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #32
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My condolonces to you and your family. I too lost an uncle a few years back - he was only 54 to cancer. It was a terrible thing seeing him in so much pain. Unfortunately my family has a history of cancer so hopefully this isn't what I have to look forward to when I'm older.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #33
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Thats terrible mate, Very sad stuff and my condolences to you and yours...

My Nonno has developed some kind of tumour on his heart, up until 2 years ago (78y.o) he was picking 14 bins of pears a day...
But now, the nurse says (oh, so bluntly) "he could go today, tomorrow, or next month." I, now have the same 'lost' feeling 24-7.
It's always the good ones that suffer...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 12:17 AM   #34
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I have heard the bi-carb stats too. I am currently going through yet another round of chemo drugs...makes you feel like you are on fire and everything tastes like tin!!!

It sucks...it really sucks!!! Let's just hope the light at the end of the tunnel is bright!!!
Old 23-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #35
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I normally don't like to draw attention, with sympathy threads, but I have to get this off my chest.

Today I lost my uncle to cancer, and he was only 47. I wasn't that close to him, but close enough to know he was a decent bloke.

This is the 3rd relative I've lost to cancer in the last 3 years. First being my pop who was 72, and my grandad who was 69.

Cancer is so cruel. I saw him last week on Valentine's Day, and man it was a sad sight. :(

Atleast he's in a better place now, and not suffering.

Sorry to bring such a sad thread upon everyone.
Dear Ryan...No need to apologise my friend...we all feel your pain...If for no other reason, forums such as these are a fantastic outlet to express your feelings in the absence of having someone to express grief to.....My first boss died in 1983 aged only 42 of colon cancer..He was my mentor..I'm 45 myself now and smoke ciggies so am a prime candidate myself..I think your uncle is in a good place...

If you want someone to talk to mate PM me and i'll give you my phone number...Happy to chat....I lost my younger brother in 1991 aged 21 so understand your situation.

Cheers
Pete
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by ozmale42; 23-02-2008 at 12:42 AM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #36
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had cancer and know a lot of people who have it and have died in the last few years it eats away at you sucks the life out of you.

If you ever get it dont be afraid to try eastern type asian treatments or new age healing methods
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #37
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I have heard the bi-carb stats too. I am currently going through yet another round of chemo drugs...makes you feel like you are on fire and everything tastes like tin!!!

It sucks...it really sucks!!! Let's just hope the light at the end of the tunnel is bright!!!
My inspiration .

Condolences to you Ryan.
FlipXW is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #38
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

I doubt there is a person on this forum that has not had cancer touch their lives in some way.

I lost my wife of 17 years to breast cancer coming up to 5 years ago. I still miss her.

My condolences for you and your family.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #39
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Ryan, my condolences mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslander
Sorry to hear mate.

Cancer is a scurge upon humanity, too see a loved one slowly eaten from within is one of the saddest things we as humans have to endure.

And thats why i FOLD!

Have done now for 4 years. costs bugger all in electricity and all you do it let your PC crunch through simulated proteins.

They even give you points for doing this, so you can have competitions to see who folds the most. Infact the second largest team of folders is Australian.

Maybe this site should start a folding team? and join up with the main aussie team?

Just a suggestion. But anything to battle the evil that is cancer.

Head over to OCAU if you want to sus it.

http://www.overclockers.com.au/

Have to be a member i think to see their forum?
I clicked on that but couldn't find what you're referring to... mind explaining what folding is? Cheers.
Old 23-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #40
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately I'm unable to attend the funeral, as I'm undertaking a Forklift course, that I have to do. (Been paid for)

It is amazing how this cruel disease affects so many people, and their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Dear Ryan...No need to apologise my friend...we all feel your pain...If for no other reason, forums such as these are a fantastic outlet to express your feelings in the absence of having someone to express grief to.....My first boss died in 1983 aged only 42 of colon cancer..He was my mentor..I'm 45 myself now and smoke ciggies so am a prime candidate myself..I think your uncle is in a good place...

If you want someone to talk to mate PM me and i'll give you my phone number...Happy to chat....I lost my younger brother in 1991 aged 21 so understand your situation.

Cheers
Pete
Thankyou very much Pete. Your kindness (Well everyones') makes me feel at home on this forum. Honestly some of the best natured people on this forum.

Glad I can come on here, and let out my true emotions.

Once again thank you everyone. It's overwhelming.

Last edited by Ryan; 23-02-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #41
auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
I clicked on that but couldn't find what you're referring to... mind explaining what folding is? Cheers.

No worries mate, Folding at home or F@H for short is run by Stanford University in the USA. 100% legit, been running it since 2000 i think.

It's a serious effort to crack the code on many diseases, including cancer of various sorts.

Go here for a look http://folding.stanford.edu/

I fold as a sub team, for Overclockers Australia(OCAU), the #2 team in the world, as they try and beat those pesky HORDE ( the #1 team and US based).

What Stanford have done, to make it more interesting, they value Work Units(WU), with a points value. A WU is the individual piece your PC is crunching at any one time.

I'ts great fun, and also it's for the ultimate prize, the cure of disease. With the numbers that frequent this web site, FORDFOLDERS or whatever name it chose, would be a serious help for the OCAU team and for the cure in general.

Although i must warn, Folding can become seriously addictive. I know of many people that have purchased additional PC's or better CPU's to push out WU's and hence there points. 100's of thousands fold around the world.

The computing power at peoples homes combined are vastly more powerful than all the supercomputers in the world. And Stanford are using that to help.
auslander is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #42
zigzagnt

Condolences to you mate.As ted bullpit (on kingswood country) would say someone should blow cancer up!! My grandpa died of bowel ( i think but can't remember for certain) cancer about 5 years ago and i decided then that cancer is evil!.
zigzagnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post