Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2016, 07:37 PM   #31
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WA Hoon Laws - 1 Strike Coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
How would this work? Confiscate assets?
No, instant prison. No ifs or buts.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #32
Rockape
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is nothing but auto theft.

Kawasaki ZZR1100
Rockape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #33
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
or driving likely to cause “harassment, fear or distress” to residents or bystanders.

This is going to get interesting...
Old 21-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #34
STINKY NINJA
Banned

WA has had the softest hoon/driving laws for a long time,sounds like it gives more power to cops to actually do something about ****wits speeding and doing skids in suburban streets around kids and families,and they fully deserve to get prosecuted severely!
Not sure if I agree about cars being confiscated first time out...
I don't see the big deal though,if you aren't breaking the law this should NOT affect you at all,if you are a ****wit driver then look out!
There is no stealing involved,if you break that certain law wave goodbye to your car,they spell it out for the slow people,its a poxy law but it is what it is,no point having a big cry about it lol,dont break the law and your car is safe!
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #35
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post

This is going to get interesting...
So in other words, one is guilty by simply jumping in their car and driving off... How does this crap get past the PR morons, do they not even bother proof reading, even cursorily?

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 09:06 PM   #36
STINKY NINJA
Banned

It never ceases to amaze me at how much people have a cry over stuff like this,dont break that law and you are sweet,in laymans terms don't drive like a dick and you are good as gold,end of story!
The only people that need to worry are clowns,are you guys clown drivers that need to worry?
The governments job is to rob the general public to pay for their big salaries and pay for the dole,its always been like that...
Old 21-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #37
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Old 21-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #38
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
WA has had the softest hoon/driving laws for a long time,sounds like it gives more power to cops to actually do something about ****wits speeding and doing skids in suburban streets around kids and families,and they fully deserve to get prosecuted severely!
Not sure if I agree about cars being confiscated first time out...
I don't see the big deal though,if you aren't breaking the law this should NOT affect you at all,if you are a ****wit driver then look out!
There is no stealing involved,if you break that certain law wave goodbye to your car,they spell it out for the slow people,its a poxy law but it is what it is,no point having a big cry about it lol,dont break the law and your car is safe!
All good and well, but with wording as highlighted by Bill_M, you only need to look like a hoon and you'd be done. Presumption of guilt is the standard modus operandi right now in Australia when it comes to anything traffic related.

Case in point, had this happened today, old mate would have his car taken from him:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...289885456.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 year old article
The camera crisis emerged in the middle of last year when a fixed camera on the Western Ring Road recorded a 1975 Datsun 120Y travelling at 158 km/h. Independent mechanical testing showed that the car could reach only 117 km/h.

Old 21-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #39
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I understand that side of it but why fight it because theres nothing you can do about it?
I think the govt is a bunch of knobs that's why ive never voted but im smart enough to know you cant fight them and win.
Cops instantly think im a bikie or murderer when they see me because of the way I look so what chance do I have anyhow lol
Old 21-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #40
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are already sufficient legal instruments to deal with this. This is just lazy policing.

We'll take someone's car for a momentary loss of traction, but we let people off for assault, we don't require people to repay every dollar of property damage they do, etc. Way to fight the big fight!

Meanwhile the same mindless numpties say 'if you just follow the law you're sweet as bro'. Yeah, then a new law comes in, then another new law, then another.

Enjoy the future that's coming... car impounded for 1kph over the limit as determined by your mandatory government-issued GPS.....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #41
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
I understand that side of it but why fight it because theres nothing you can do about it?
I think the govt is a bunch of knobs that's why ive never voted but im smart enough to know you cant fight them and win.
Cops instantly think im a bikie or murderer when they see me because of the way I look so what chance do I have anyhow lol
Govco run roughshod over the motorist BECAUSE no one fights back. They rely on passive acceptance. If every single person pinged for even the most trivial traffic matter went to court, the system would breakdown within a week. Not even the gods themselves could muster enough resources to prevent a catastrophic collapse in the event of such an onslaught.

5 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #42
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I think the problem is that some blokes drive around at 100% all day, every day and never get picked up by the cops... with my luck, I will unintentionally spin the wheels on a hill or in the wet and see red and blues in the rear view.

I wonder if they will use the revenue raised to put more patrol cars on the road.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #43
STINKY NINJA
Banned

It costs money to fight stuff in court and if you've ever been to court you know its a place that can absolutely fry your brain and take every ounce of your energy and sanity,ill never go back to court by my own choice.
I love to put my foot down in my cars but if I know theres a good chance my car can get taken ill just have to change my driving habits,simple,ive had a good run so far
I knew wa would eventually catch up to rest of the world,i think weve had it pretty good over here.
Ive been let off a few times by perth coppers because I wasn't rude to them after being pulled over,maybe now they will stop giving chances to people?
Old 21-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #44
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
It costs money to fight stuff in court and if you've ever been to court you know its a place that can absolutely fry your brain and take every ounce of your energy and sanity,ill never go back to court by my own choice.
I love to put my foot down in my cars but if I know theres a good chance my car can get taken ill just have to change my driving habits,simple,ive had a good run so far
I knew wa would eventually catch up to rest of the world,i think weve had it pretty good over here.
That's the kicker, if everyone were to just elect to have the matter heard in front of a magistrate would be enough to crush the system. The meltdown would be so profound, not a single matter would make it to the magistrate.

Old 21-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #45
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Govt. toughens Anti Hoon laws July 2008

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/go...0719-3hsc.html

WA Police permanently seize Holden HSV August 2014.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...58f13022bf3b20

The examples above are what I found after a few minutes, look at the dates.

You don't need 1 strike legislation, the laws as they exist now are adequate but only if they are resourced enough to provide teeth to existing legislation.

https://rsc.wa.gov.au/Road-Rules-Penalties

If Gooseberry Hill is a "hoon" blackspot then sufficiently resourced Police could shut it down pronto.
Old 21-06-2016, 09:44 PM   #46
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Ive been let off a few times by perth coppers because I wasn't rude to them after being pulled over,maybe now they will stop giving chances to people?
Being polite will help smooth out the process but the coppers won't do you any favours and they will treat you like you're a pariah if you get caught being silly.

"They're just doing their job."
Old 21-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #47
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Let me be the devils advocate here - and this did happen in WA. Someone borrows your new Audi or Mustang or it could be a mechanic taking it for a spin after a service. He gives it a bootful and leaves a bit of rubber. Does he care if the car gets confiscated? Is there any recourse to have it returned it to the owner?
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #48
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Thats OK, when it all turns pear shaped you just find out who is the current minister of police and make them feel the same way that you do.......

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #49
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Being polite will help smooth out the process but the coppers won't do you any favours and they will treat you like you're a pariah if you get caught being silly.

"They're just doing their job."
Ive always been doing something silly when ive been pulled over and been let off 99% of the time because im not a smart **** to cops.
The one time I didn't get let off I had my charges severly reduced because of my good attitude,from confiscated car and lost license to 3 points and $100 fine and an excess noise charge.
Cop made a point of telling me all this,i was stoked and told him so,he said its my attitude that saved me that day...
So there you go.
Old 21-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #50
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Wasn't it Perth where they confiscated some doctors lambo because it was hooned in by a mechanic.

real fair that one.

I'm glad to live in a society that's had every crime eradicated, that the only thing left is to come down like a ton of brick on a motorist for speeding a bit or losing a bit of traction.
Police have to find something to do now that there's no more fraud, robberies, rape, abuse or murders to solve.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #51
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Liza Harvey continues to spruik the community wants this legislation introduced, yet where is her evidence?

The fine for hooning is disproportional to any other punishment for a crime. You could lose your $5,000 Toyota Camry, or a $320,000 AMG GT, for the same offence. It's completely and utterly ridiculous, and symptomatic of the nanny state which is Australia.
The value of the car to the owner is a more proportional fine then say a set $200. $200 to someone on the doll is going to sting pretty bad vs someone making 100k a year.

Many of these hoon laws are unjust or just radical. Australia really needs an overhaul with its road rules and driver education first.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 10:50 PM   #52
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

From memory after the Lamborghini incident they changed the confiscation part, now they will attempt to take the actual drivers own vehicle, not 100% sure but I think that's is the case now.

Current Hoon Law information here

http://youthlegalserviceinc.com.au/w...S_HoonLaws.pdf

I think 1 Strike is going to make things scary both in the wet and possibly with the mood of the officer on the day..

But to be honest there are far to many black lines around in residential areas these days, the folks with kids have been campaigning hard for a few years now.

You reap what you sow I guess, not good news though.

Also they are ordering more of the covert mini cameras that they hide under rocks! you can bet there will some hidden at the Zig Zag by now!

This legislation will be a game changer...

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 12:35 AM   #53
Rockape
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do any of you frogs feel the water getting hot yet?????

Kawasaki ZZR1100
Rockape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2016, 01:03 AM   #54
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Ive always been doing something silly when ive been pulled over and been let off 99% of the time because im not a smart **** to cops.
The one time I didn't get let off I had my charges severly reduced because of my good attitude,from confiscated car and lost license to 3 points and $100 fine and an excess noise charge.
Cop made a point of telling me all this,i was stoked and told him so,he said its my attitude that saved me that day...
So there you go.
You asked a question, I responded. Now you're telling me my response was wrong. Why did you ask?
Old 22-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #55
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Let me be the devils advocate here - and this did happen in WA. Someone borrows your new Audi or Mustang or it could be a mechanic taking it for a spin after a service. He gives it a bootful and leaves a bit of rubber. Does he care if the car gets confiscated? Is there any recourse to have it returned it to the owner?
Nobody 'borrows' my old Fairlane, let alone my imaginary new exotica! Who lends their presumably much loved cars to anyone???
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #56
XAGT1972
XAGT351

Some great discussion here.

While I agree with what they are trying to do, I've got a couple of problems with this legislation.

First, and most imprtantly, there is little relationshoip between the crime and the punishment. Second these are pretty stiff penalties that I fear could be applied in situations that many of us would not consider Hooning.

If you disagree or even a little unsure and you live in WA get onto your local member and the police minister if your not in Liberal seat and tell them what you think and ask them to explain what they're doing.
XAGT1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #57
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From my perspective this is great news.

I live on an escarpment and have a very good view of my suburbs roads sitting on my balcony at nights. Virtually every night I see hoons doing insane speeds on small roads and corner burnouts all virtually next to houses. I wouldn't feel safe in some of these houses close to these roads. This action will cover "“harassment, fear or distress” to residents or bystanders.

The cops get a few by the chases I see but no where near all as they are restricted in chase protocols and freaking V6 Commies couldn't catch a cold.

These new laws are specifically for these circumstances and dangerous speeding etc not an accidental wheel chirp in the wet or turning so they get my full support.

They will also give the cops the power to immediately confiscate any unlicenced trial bikes being used on roads and this is also a major issue in my suburb. Why parents let their kids ride these unmuffled bikes at all hours is beyond me. There will a time when one gets snotted and mom and dad will blame everyone but themselves and probably start a foundation of some sort.

I'm looking forward to watching some future chases when the hoon gets caught and he will then know he will be losing his "rad commie ".

Thank you WA Minister for Police.
ozrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #58
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
Hooning ? what is it, just happened to do a bit of wheel spin unintentional or no big deal thing ?

Or cutting loose like a total fool and also where he does this ?

Cutting loose ****ed or under drugs ?

All such get the car destroyed, now did they smash the car or run someone over ?

Is the car rego and driver licenced or have a bad record ?

No matter just destroy the car regardless.

If so why not destroy the car because some clown went through a red light.

Now some would support such be it 0.0001sec from just turning red or at anytime at all regardless as it makes no difference to them as there brain can not comprehend the difference between 0.0001 or even any time the light is red, because they can not comprehend reality but only the letter of the Law type of moron.

It's ok to drive through a red light and T Bone another and even kill someone and guess what people are such coming down on such a person as hard as could be done to a so called hoon, no not at all.
Also what about hopeless drivers that plod about on the highway and speed up at the double lanes, yep destroy there car as well because they are a road hog and just another type of delinquent hoon trying to enrage others with there total disregard not to mention, maybe working to try to cause a likely crash scenario, be it if they know it or not.

Here my sister was T Boned by some twat who ran a red light with total disregard, it was not just when the red went on but way into the red being on and did that moron even say sorry to my sister or show any remorse, not on your life, could not give a rats, and that's the Law working to supporting a total moron.

What's hooning ? maybe it could be judged as from a position of total disregard for the Law and other people, maybe under such a hoon law is ok but not some of the unjust Nazi type of rubbish that can nowadays be dished up to the average driver doing bugger all really wrong.
Got all the way through that and thought...
"YES!!!.. No Nazis!"... Alas, 2nd last line Hitler raises his head again!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #59
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
What's hooning ? maybe it could be judged as from a position of total disregard for the Law and other people, maybe under such a hoon law is ok but not some of the unjust Nazi type of rubbish that can nowadays be dished up to the average driver doing bugger all really wrong.

FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #60
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
That's the kicker, if everyone were to just elect to have the matter heard in front of a magistrate would be enough to crush the system. The meltdown would be so profound, not a single matter would make it to the magistrate.
In Australia, our problem is civil obedience. In the overall scheme of things, traffic matters are a farce. The law has it all back to front, when victimless crimes, (which virtually all traffic law/road safety/parking offences are) are much more heavily policed than actual crimes where real people get hurt (rape, murder, fraud, etc).
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: