Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #511
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Question I raise is this:

Do Ford troll the forums and get intel on which cars are tuned/tracked and mark it as warranty void on their system?

Dealerships are way too busy to run diagnostic on the BCM/PCMs etc

The sequence of events here does not compute....
Old 01-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #512
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post

Do Ford troll the forums and get intel on which cars are tuned/tracked and mark it as warranty void on their system?

This was happening on the release of the BA, way back on the "old forum".
Lots & lots of warranty claims denied through stuff posted there.
Spooly or Russell would remember...
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #513
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Thats why i never blabbed about taking my fg turbo ute to the drags while still under warranty,i sold it then spilled the beans lol
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #514
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post

I appreciate that dealers have to handle a number of warranty claims that are caused by abuse but when their first reaction is to deny a claim it isn't cool.
damn straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
I would say refusing is to get rid of the people trying to pull one over Ford. By escalating it Ford then have gone to see why. Its not like people don't try and scam dealers on warranty when they shouldn't be entitled. If they investigated every time a person denying doing something that they shouldn't then we would be paying much more money for Ford products and services.
wot?

so to be clear, you think to reduce the burden of investigating claims it is sound policy to dismiss first, then if the customer persists investigate properly??
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #515
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post

God I couldn't get a floor mat covered if that's the case

Daniel
Old 01-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #516
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
We have been asked to post the following brief statement from FoA so we are doing so in the interest of fairness:

While Ford cannot comment on the specifics of Ben’s case, Ford stand behind the performance and durability of the XR8 and have been in contact to resolve the situation.

Regards
Russ
That's great FoA

We already knew you were watching, but here's an idea -

Maybe instead of searching our community for evidence upon which to deny warranty claims, you could consider using it to address the terrible service and treatment your most loyal customers receive on a regular basis

Here's another one for you

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...81#post5385781

oh, an incidentley, no doubt you have seen my avatar, and noted the drag strip activity as grounds to dismiss even the most obscure warranty claim, rest assured I only made one warranty claim when the car was 3 months old. After this traumatic and frustrating experience I vowed never to take the car back again, so even if it was within warranty, you would be the last to know of it, because my proud Aussie built car deserves far better than your new business policies would allow
Old 01-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #517
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope everything works out between the OP and Ford with the warranty claim.
Genuine thoughts regarding this.

/* thread hack
Since it appears Ford themselves might be reading this thread; some hopeful suggestions:

1. Could Ford please add an extra clear coat or two (like with the last GT-F) on current XR8s being built, &

2. Could Ford please reconsider their sponsorship of our premier motorsport category - you know it's why we love these cars - 2 years reigning Bathurst champions with a potential 3rd looking very possible.

Thank you
thread hack*/
Old 01-05-2015, 11:40 PM   #518
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Thumbs up Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
We have been asked to post the following brief statement from FoA so we are doing so in the interest of fairness:

While Ford cannot comment on the specifics of Ben’s case, Ford stand behind the performance and durability of the XR8 and have been in contact to resolve the situation.

Regards
Russ
Thanks Russell, very comforting to know you are the voice of the (Ford) AFF, with with a dotted line to FoA, Kempy owes you a beer!

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 03:16 AM   #519
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Human nature and the ease of trial by social media these days means as a whole we can easily forget the good things and without mercy crucify for the bad.
And that's the bit I have a problem with. People jump to conclusions without so much as having the benefit of all the evidence from both sides then start ripping into Ford.

For a forum supposedly devoted to Ford fans, there's way too much Ford bashing going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I think this thread also raises some interesting questions for Ford and the venue organiser

1) is it ford company policy to have its representatives monitor individuals in a public area conducting perfectly legal activities? If it is Ford company policy, where is this policy written and when did the driver agree to having his legal activities monitored?
It is perfectly legal for anyone to be a spectator at the drags. The driver doesn't have to agree to anything. Even if it is true that there was in fact somebody who monitors the drag strips, that representative from Ford don't even have to identify themselves.

Quote:
2) at any time, did Ford advise and receive permission from the venue organiser that they would be monitoring individuals whilst these individuals were conducting perfectly legal activities?
Unless it is a closed, invitation-only event, such a step is unnecessary.

Quote:
3) at any time, did the venue organiser advise the drivers that representatives from Ford were on-site monitoring and recording drivers/cars
Again, unless it is a closed, invitation-only event, or where the terms and conditions of entry forbid recording and imaging devices (I have yet to see any motorsport venue forbid the use of cameras), no law or condition of entry has been broken by doing so.

Quote:
4) at any time, did Ford representatives make themselves know and advise driver(s) that their perfectly legal activities were being recording
There is no law preventing what you do in public from being recorded. It's only what you do in private, e.g., in your own home, being recorded that legal issues arise.

Quote:
5) at any time, did Ford representatives make themselves known and advise any driver(s) that their perfectly legal activity, may be in potential breach of Ford warranty
It's in the warranty booklet under 'misuse'.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
Old 02-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #520
ACTIV8

I've seen Ford cover things that were not Warranty items in good faith and those times make me proud to be selling the product.

I ran my own business for 20 years and when I closed it down, I wanted to sell something that I was passionate about and believed in, hence selling Ford.

My GT-F is my 17th Aussie built Ford and I have never had anything but.

My hope is that Ford does consider the comments made by the most passionate Ford people that exist in this country, considers their opinions and makes a goodwill call.

Encouraged by the comment from Ford mentioned above...

Last edited by ACTIV8; 02-05-2015 at 10:25 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #521
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
It's in the warranty booklet under 'misuse'.
Have a read of the warranty booklet I posted a few pages ago, misuse is not defined at all.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #522
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
That's great FoA

We already knew you were watching, but here's an idea -

Maybe instead of searching our community for evidence upon which to deny warranty claims,
I'm no legal expert but.....
As per the privacy policy on this site :

Information Collection

Fordforums Australia Inc is the sole owner of the information collected on Fordforums.com.au.

Doesn't that imply that Ford or anyone else would need permission from AFF to use that information including evidence against a warranty claim ? Is the privacy policy referring to personal information or "any" information posted on the site by a registered user ?

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #523
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
That's great, but I have to wonder why Ford did not post it here themselves
Because then you'd know the identity of the FoA forum spy, and I wouldn't expose myself that easily....

Just kidding.
Oops,
Old 02-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #524
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

The old bashing Ford chestnut.

Here is a thought, maybe Ford needs to update its warranty policy, so that in future people like me are not accused of bashing Ford, ditch the entire warranty booklet and have something along the lines of...

"The Ford company will use any material if finds available by whatever means, it will use the material however it sees fit and this material maybe used indefinitely to deny you warranty. Anything you do, up to and including nothing, may void you warranty."
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #525
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a shame that Ford Australia employee on this thread appeared to have known more than the OP.

How come he was told that it was his manner and behaviour of driving that denied then later we hear it was due to a suspected tune.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #526
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Have a read of the warranty booklet I posted a few pages ago, misuse is not defined at all.
And that's the point. This gives Ford the discretion.

You can't have an all inclusive definition of misuse, because a lot of things can fall under 'misuse', from driving into a swimming pool to (arguably) motorsport. First and foremost, the Falcon is a road car designed to seat 5 people and some luggage and transport them from A to B in comfort.

Ford are not doing anything that they are not legally entitled to do, nor are they doing anything differently from what other manufacturers would have done. Most other manufacturers exclude 'misuse' from warranty cover, but as the party providing the warranty, they have the discretion to warrant the car despite 'misuse'.

Sure, most of us would like Ford to exercise that broad discretion they have in favour of the customer, but if Ford doesn't come to the table in circumstances other than what is expressly covered by the warranty in black and white, I'd say tough, pay for it and move on. At least, that's what I'd do. It's cheaper than engaging lawyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
I'm no legal expert but.....
As per the privacy policy on this site :

Information Collection

Fordforums Australia Inc is the sole owner of the information collected on Fordforums.com.au.

Doesn't that imply that Ford or anyone else would need permission from AFF to use that information including evidence against a warranty claim ? Is the privacy policy referring to personal information or "any" information posted on the site by a registered user ?
Things posted in a publicly accessible forum by the members themselves do not come into the purview of the Privacy Act.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
Old 02-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #527
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You can't have an all inclusive definition of misuse, because a lot of things can fall under 'misuse', from driving into a swimming pool to (arguably) motorsport. First and foremost, the Falcon is a road car designed to seat 5 people and some luggage and transport them from A to B in comfort.

Ford are not doing anything that they are not legally entitled to do, nor are they doing anything differently from what other manufacturers would have done. Most other manufacturers exclude 'misuse' from warranty cover, but as the party providing the warranty, they have the discretion to warrant the car despite 'misuse'.

Sure, most of us would like Ford to exercise that broad discretion they have in favour of the customer, but if Ford doesn't come to the table in circumstances other than what is expressly covered by the warranty in black and white, I'd say tough, pay for it and move on. At least, that's what I'd do. It's cheaper than engaging lawyers.

Things posted in a publicly accessible forum by the members themselves do not come into the purview of the Privacy Act.

And what Ben has done here is a hell of a lot cheaper than 'paying for it and moving on' (which Ford would have loved), or 'engaging lawyers' .......he's just posted the problem on the forum and within a week or so has had 500 odd replies /over 20 000 views / his car picked up and Ford Australia is now all over it knowing over 20 0000 people are watching this case - how smart is that..........the lawyers would be devastated!! Absolutely priceless.

There are a lot of opinions being put forward here, right/wrong or debatable ...... who gives a toss, it's exhausting all avenues and I for one am waiting with baited breath to read the outcome.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #528
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

In addition to the quote above some peoples definition of misuse will be different to others. Ford need to provide guidelines on what their definition is so everyone knows where they stand.
In society everyone knows the rules as they are law so you know where you stand that if you call someone stupid that is not breaking the law but punching them in the head is.
So along those lines Ford should provide some "laws" if you like that if you enter into a contract to purchase one of their products you know where you stand that if you slam the door shut that is not misuse but bouncing the engine off the rev limiter is (not saying that is the issue with the OP just my example for this reply)
Old 02-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #529
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I agree with most of what you have stated, but this is too narrow:

"First and foremost, the Falcon is a road car designed to seat 5 people and some luggage and transport them from A to B in comfort."

Any contract must be read as a whole, in a holistic sense. Comment above may apply to a base Falcon, a base camry, but an XR8, 5 litre super charged 4 valves per cylinder, 275/255 tyres, rspec suspension, brembo brakes- no - the fact that it is a sedan with sporting engineering built into it will be applied and accounted for in the term "misuse".

Just what would be misuse in terms of an XR8 would be defined given that context as well.

As I said before, you cannot apply "misuse" to an XR8 as you would to a 1.6 litre turbo diesel with a 5,000 rpm redline and shopping trolley brakes.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 02-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #530
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
I for one am waiting with baited breath to read the outcome.
Me too this is the most exciting thing going on since Game of Thrones Season 5
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #531
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS69 View Post
In addition to the quote above some peoples definition of misuse will be different to others. Ford need to provide guidelines on what their definition is so everyone knows where they stand.
In society everyone knows the rules as they are law so you know where you stand that if you call someone stupid that is not breaking the law but punching them in the head is.
So along those lines Ford should provide some "laws" if you like that if you enter into a contract to purchase one of their products you know where you stand that if you slam the door shut that is not misuse but bouncing the engine off the rev limiter is (not saying that is the issue with the OP just my example for this reply)
Ford have given some examples- overloading, or using the vehicle on an inappropriate surface....

Overloading- you stuff 2 tonne lead in a Falcon boot and the springs pop- yeah-misuse.

You take an XR8 onto a rough as guts 4wd track and rip out diff and punch hole in sump-yeah misuse.

These are pretty extreme examples.

But the more subtle ones- ie revving out engine and hitting limiter on bends, or driving spirited for 20 minute session and boiling the brake fluids...these are the more subtle ones.

I would contend these subtle ones are not misuse in an XR8, may be in a shopping trolley 1.6 but who knows...?

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 02-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #532
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And that's the bit I have a problem with. People jump to conclusions without so much as having the benefit of all the evidence from both sides then start ripping into Ford.

For a forum supposedly devoted to Ford fans, there's way too much Ford bashing going on here.
Mate, I have first hand experience at how rubbish Ford treats its customers

Additionally I have spent the last couple of years getting to know a lot of people on here, many of whom have had similar negative experiences.

So on that basis I am comfortable to take Kempy's word over those ******.

I'm not sure, maybe the last new Ford you bought was many years ago, and you're living in the past. Things have changed. Business is obviously so good now Ford don't need customers. I can assure you it's not the way it used to be. Ford do all they can to make the ownership experience unpleasant.

Kempy's experience is one tiny drop in a very big bucket of crud
Old 02-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #533
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To provide some levity, I think this would definitely void your warranty!!

Nice job though!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22146
Old 02-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #534
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
Mate, I have first hand experience at how rubbish Ford treats its customers

Additionally I have spent the last couple of years getting to know a lot of people on here, many of whom have had similar negative experiences.

So on that basis I am comfortable to take Kempy's word over those ******.

I'm not sure, maybe the last new Ford you bought was many years ago, and you're living in the past. Things have changed. Business is obviously so good now Ford don't need customers. I can assure you it's not the way it used to be. Ford do all they can to make the ownership experience unpleasant.

Kempy's experience is one tiny drop in a very big bucket of crud
Ouch....
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 02-05-2015, 08:26 PM   #535
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

It's interesting we see the forums as the world. It isn't. Every forum has the best examples of issues, they attract those examples by their very nature. It's a cry for help, sometimes justified, sometimes not. In my own world circle. I have people that don't push the boundary of their warranty. And there is a very very good dealer here we are lucky to have that I've heard very few negatives about. And by experience it s the same, it's those that push the boundary of their warranty that end up disenchanted. Or have a crap dealer that just don't handle their issues appropriately. The venom in this thread is far more disenchanting to me than any warranty experience I or any of my circle of friends and acquaintances have ever had. Many statements suggesting we should attract goodwill and gestures from FoA in between a river of posts kicking FoA for not blindly backing their products so we can do with them whatever we feel like for 3 years from purchases and not pay to play.

I'm not referring to Kempys situation, this thread has gone far beyond that. Maybe I'm just an old fart and I miss the days we used to come on here and enjoy the brand and our cars.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 02-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #536
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Imagine buying a sound system from Myers, then having the audacity to turn it on full volume for 12-14 seconds and the amp blows up. You would have zero issues taking it back to Myers and getting a refund. Now imagine you've bought a XR8...
Old 02-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #537
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Imagine buying a sound system from Myers, then having the audacity to turn it on full volume for 12-14 seconds and the amp blows up. You would have zero issues taking it back to Myers and getting a refund. Now imagine you've bought a XR8...
Yes, but what if it has been opened, you know, those little screws with a seal with "void if removed"?

What would Myer do then?

Honestly, for every horror story somebody raises about Ford there's a good story to counter that.

I've been very fortunate in my dealings with Ford - there's a good relationship between me and the dealer for the past 12 years.

Before that it wasn't too good with a different Ford dealer and so I just went to another dealer.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #538
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

^ no unscrewing was mentioned, so why would you throw such a red herring out there? Do you work for Ford?
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2015, 10:14 PM   #539
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Seems after 18 pages of speculation some still don't get what the issue is here...
Old 02-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #540
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Before that it wasn't too good with a different Ford dealer and so I just went to another dealer.
Likewise with me - thank god for Ford Nowra. I'd buy a Holden over walking back into the original dealership I bought the F6 from. We didn't even get to the 1000km check up before running from them. Ford Nowra have restored my faith - great bunch of people that I'm getting to know more and more.
Closed Thread