Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD View Post
Weren't the early sat images near China?
By the Chinese near Vietnam I thought.

Then the first reports of possible sightings in the Indian Ocean came a few days later.

To be honest, there have been so many conflicting stories im not sure what I remember reading, who wrote it, who made the claims and where they claimed it was.

If the intention was to create enough confusion to hide the truth, then those Malaysians are smarter than we think.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
By the Chinese near Vietnam I thought.

Then the first reports of possible sightings in the Indian Ocean came a few days later.

To be honest, there have been so many conflicting stories im not sure what I remember reading, who wrote it, who made the claims and where they claimed it was.

If the intention was to create enough confusion to hide the truth, then those Malaysians are smarter than we think.
You might be right on that.
I don't remember hearing any claims regarding the Indian ocean early on, but I may have missed them.

There is so much guessing going on with this, the media is having a field day coming up with fake headlines.

I can't believe we've already had two TV specials on the matter when there are still basically no facts other than the plane took off and it didn't go where it was supposed to.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

When this story becomes a book, it'll be in the fiction section.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Down low they wont travel as fast and burn heaps more fuel because the air is thicker.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

everybody relates what they saw or heard to this regardless of their location in the world, hence the oil rig worker and the people in the maldives who all think they saw it

I think it's crashed, not been hidden , and that all people on board are lost, possibly due to loss of cabin pressure like the Air Helios flight

anyone who thinks otherwise please can you give your full theory rather than just 'this is suss'
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #6
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
anyone who thinks otherwise please can you give your full theory rather than just 'this is suss'
Lack of evidence leads me to not believe any theories.
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #7
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
everybody relates what they saw or heard to this regardless of their location in the world, hence the oil rig worker and the people in the maldives who all think they saw it

I think it's crashed, not been hidden , and that all people on board are lost, possibly due to loss of cabin pressure like the Air Helios flight

Your probably right to be honest, everyone wants their 2 bobs worth.
That's one of the reasons I started the thread, a bit of speculative discussion.

Lets face it, none of us have any idea what happened, well maybe LTD due to his occupation and insight, but heck, even the people who should know appear clueless.

Personally, I believe it may have been an attempted hijacking due to the passenger discrepancies.
The question for me is, did it get ditched, shot down or was it diverted to another location to conceal the situation.

I've read a number of alternative (read 'conspiracy') theories and to be honest, some aspects are quite plausible when viewed from an open mind, or perhaps that's overactive imagination.

There's nothing wrong with questioning the 'official line', in fact, considering the way this has been handled by so called professionals, it would be naïve not to.
I just thank God that Australia is leading the way if it is infact deep in the Indian ocean.
If its there, we will find it.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am standing by my original Story
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...2&postcount=46
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #9
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Channel 7 news just said the plane did fly over maldives and then turned and went out to the indian ocean. So then someone must of been in control.
Old 27-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Channel 7 news just said the plane did fly over maldives and then turned and went out to the indian ocean. So then someone must of been in control.
If that was the case, why stop at killing only 239 people on the plane. Why not turn the plane towards singapore and fly into one of the oil refineries. Why not fly into the petronas towers or go onto beijing and fly into one of their towers.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 10:04 PM   #11
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda View Post
If that was the case, why stop at killing only 239 people on the plane. Why not turn the plane towards singapore and fly into one of the oil refineries. Why not fly into the petronas towers or go onto beijing and fly into one of their towers.
Don't ask me just ask channel 7, that's what they just reported. I'm as confused as the next person. Nothing is making sense and when you think they are sticking to a story, they put another spin on it. This is truly a great mystery, I don't think even Steven Spielberg could come up with a better plot.
Old 27-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #12
nstg8a

Instead of using warships and merchant ships to do the searching they should commandeer a few top end fishing boats, the factory boat I worked on could work in almost any weather, and drag a net for as long as it took.
There's some skilled fishing captains out there who could find the proverbial needle in a haystack blind folded...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #13
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but seriously... What is there to cover up?
What sick mind would allow all of this pain and exhausting of resources to take place looking for something that didn't happen??
At a time like this, it needs to be remembered that the most obvious explanation is usually the right one.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2014, 11:35 PM   #14
ENFORCER 77
Getting Gas to Darwin

Jacob Rothchild is now the sole patent owner of a new KL-03 microchip technology. The other 4 people were on that plane.
ENFORCER 77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #15
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
At a time like this, it needs to be remembered that the most obvious explanation is usually the right one.
But what is the most Obvious explanation?

That one of the safest passenger aircraft ever to fly randomly had a catastrophic comms failure, but still managed to supposedly weave around radar coverage, then fly aimlessly into the Indian Ocean?

Seems legit.

The Russians said over a week ago that the Americans took it to Diego Garcia.

Who do you believe?

The Russians? Generally do what they want when they want, and stuff what anyone else thinks...

The Americans? Invade random countries because of wmd's and terrorists they helped train? Get around their own bill or rights by building a prison in another country so they can torture and imprison people indefinitely without charge?

The Malaysians? Who are coming across as competent as an aca reporter?

Tony Abbott? Who, on face value, couldn't lie straight in bed?

Tangled tangled web.

Look at this way, how easy is it to hide a 777?

Really easy im guessing, land it on a military airfield, paint in some other markings, fly it out again.

Who can tell one 777 from another if you can't go off their markings?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #16
XWGT