Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-06-2023, 12:59 AM   #5011
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
That person may read FF and although unnamed, feel quite terrible he has made this mistake and have it broadcast on a forum. People have major mental health issues these days, and these kind of posts are a risk.
And too many people are too precious these days

U
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-06-2023, 11:39 AM   #5012
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
i have all your numbers . . . . .
That's Ok, leave a message.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2023, 11:43 AM   #5013
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Unlikely, but I agree and I shouldn’t have posted this.

Can a moderator please delete posts 5005 and 5009.
Deleted 5005 and adjusted 5009
Old 03-06-2023, 02:03 PM   #5014
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
That person may read FF and although unnamed, feel quite terrible he has made this mistake and have it broadcast on a forum. People have major mental health issues these days, and these kind of posts are a risk.
Highly unlikely. unless he owns a Ford and knows that DFB posts on AFF and knows his screen name or searches this whole forum looking for anyone saying something about it.

But from what you've said about this person It's unlikely that they would know what or who to look for.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:50 PM   #5015
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Decided to use the not so good weather over the long weekend to give the Xr8 a well-deserved clean after my trip to Newie a few weeks back.

I have a couple of kinchrome wall mounted tool cupboards that are sitting on the ground against the wall beside the Xr8. As I reversed out, I hear a bang and stop immediately, only to find one of the cupboard doors has opened in the wind as I'm reversing out and has caught against the side of the car.

The subsequent damage:

Paint removed and a dent.
Finally had the chance to pop in to a local repair shop. One with a good reputation and one that has done two excellent jobs for me in the past.

Estimate was a fair bit more than I was expecting!

$1.5 to $2k

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2023, 05:38 PM   #5016
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

A first for me, after an hour of waiting I pulled the pin on Service NSW for a transaction that could not be resolved online.

It afforded ample time for “people watching”, there was the predictable quotient of one group who think they can wear the staff down to acceding (it doesn’t work) and a good number of stupid people (as evidenced by the questions they were asking and the responses being returned). Overall, today has been about wading though a veritable sea of halfwits. My sole successes were trade counter purchases of fasteners and o-rings.

It’s a while since I’ve felt this demotivated about the realities of Sydney, but what a return to form per my longstanding impressions.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2023, 05:39 PM   #5017
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When bands put out a new release, you buy it, then they re-release with an extra 2 songs.
This time round I bought the bonus double disc set...and they released again with a 3rd disc.... goddammit
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2023, 06:33 PM   #5018
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Ah well, just tell yourself the bonus disc was probably elevator-grade.
Old 05-06-2023, 07:00 PM   #5019
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Ah well, just tell yourself the bonus disc was probably elevator-grade.
I already bought it.
Definitely not Muzak haha.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2023, 12:37 PM   #5020
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
When bands put out a new release, you buy it, then they re-release with an extra 2 songs.
This time round I bought the bonus double disc set...and they released again with a 3rd disc.... goddammit
What's a disc ?

2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2023, 01:10 PM   #5021
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
There's always down sides with being an early adopter.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2023, 03:09 PM   #5022
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
What's a disc ?
something that seperates your brain from your body.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:25 PM   #5023
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
something that seperates your brain from your body.
I feed the birds with mine.

Old 08-06-2023, 06:52 PM   #5024
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

What should have been a straightforward sensor swap on a Euro, working briskly in light rain kerbside across town - removed the old and promptly dropped new sensor through the motor ancillaries onto the undertray - where it shall now remain until tomorrow.

And Wiz - your bird feeder is so minimalist Zen I would not be surprised to see them sitting Lotus position on its periphery. It’s calming just to look at.
5 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2023, 02:13 PM   #5025
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Sensor retrieved, installed. Undertray taken home for ceremonial destruction intense degreasing.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2023, 07:01 PM   #5026
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

People who ask a question, get a detailed response answering the question beyond what was asked, but then ignore said response and continue to ask the same questions. Not sure why I bother sometimes.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2023, 08:03 PM   #5027
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Sounds like some recent conversations I’ve had about insuring cars. …And not wanting a 2-channel dash camera in case someone uses it against them - then bleating about hit-run damage.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:34 PM   #5028
Itsme
Experienced Member

Left Friday for some R&R with the caravan in tow, had a brake drum getting hot, so stopped at a local caravan business for some repair where the bearing was light on grease.
Repacked & adjustment and on my way again but upon inspection down the road, alas the same situation, nursed it home for some serious investigation. Weekend ruined but hey s*** happens at times.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2023, 10:28 PM   #5029
.:4:.
Kicking back

For ages the job i had been putting off was rear brakes on my car. Anyhow, today the right rear caliper started sticking and was grinding. So im staying at a hotel for a few nights and there is a repco down the road. I asked the hotel people if it was of to jack my car up in the car park. They ok'd it. If i was home it would be trolley jack and jackstands, but not being home the scissor jack was all i had. Passengers side rear pads were well thin, but the caliper squeezed back fine. Drivers rear, 1 pad had a poofteenth of a millimeters life in it, the other was straight metal. That caliper took a bit of force before the piston moved back freely.
So after a bit of a test drive the brakes arent playing silly games. I will get new rear rotors later on when its more practical.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2023, 03:26 AM   #5030
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
For ages the job i had been putting off was rear brakes on my car. Anyhow, today the right rear caliper started sticking and was grinding. So im staying at a hotel for a few nights and there is a repco down the road. I asked the hotel people if it was of to jack my car up in the car park. They ok'd it. If i was home it would be trolley jack and jackstands, but not being home the scissor jack was all i had. Passengers side rear pads were well thin, but the caliper squeezed back fine. Drivers rear, 1 pad had a poofteenth of a millimeters life in it, the other was straight metal. That caliper took a bit of force before the piston moved back freely.
So after a bit of a test drive the brakes arent playing silly games. I will get new rear rotors later on when its more practical.
Keep a close eye on the wear of these new pads. I went through 2 sets of rears for only 3/4 wear on the fronts. Turns out either a machining or new set of rear rotors were needed in the first place
Oh how I love the sound of grinding brakes.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2023, 04:05 AM   #5031
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Keep a close eye on the wear of these new pads. I went through 2 sets of rears for only 3/4 wear on the fronts. Turns out either a machining or new set of rear rotors were needed in the first place
To be completely transparent. Car has 201 thousand on it. Warped 3 or 4 sets of front rotors (mix of towing also) so the fronts are now t2 dba's with bendix ultimate pads which seem to do an adequate job. Rears were as ford made them. So the stock rotors and pads, the original rotors and pads with 201 thousand on them.
I just slapped pads on for the interim. I got to repco 5 minutes before close, the only instock option was the repco brand so thats what i went for. Crime of opportunity sort of, but i needed brake pads at a bare minimum. The positive was the hotel people gave me the ok to do it in their car park. It was atleast a level surface.
Old 11-06-2023, 04:11 AM   #5032
Kicking back

Quote:
To be completely transparent. Car has 201 thousand on it. Warped 3 or 4 sets of front rotors (mix of towing also) so the fronts are now t2 dba's with bendix ultimate pads which seem to do an adequate job. Rears were as ford made them. So the stock rotors and pads, the original rotors and pads with 201 thousand on them.
I just slapped pads on for the interim. I got to repco 5 minutes before close, the only instock option was the repco brand so thats what i went for. Crime of opportunity sort of, but i needed brake pads at a bare minimum. The positive was the hotel people gave me the ok to do it in their car park. It was atleast a level surface.
Old 11-06-2023, 04:51 AM   #5033
Kicking back

Quote:
Old 11-06-2023, 05:11 AM   #5034
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I know you’re a perfectionist, but doing it three times in a row? :p

My gripe of the day, flu/cold. Have pivoted from uncontrollably shivering last night to soaking in sweat six hours later. Neither makes work fun.
5 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2023, 08:55 AM   #5035
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know you’re a perfectionist, but doing it three times in a row? :p

My gripe of the day, flu/cold. Have pivoted from uncontrollably shivering last night to soaking in sweat six hours later. Neither makes work fun.
Good luck with it CB, it's a bad one.
I had Legionaires a couple of years ago, same symptoms but throw in hallucinations.
Fark going to work.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2023, 04:21 PM   #5036
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You’re correct, it’s a pretty hard-core ‘flu this season. Felt worse in 2019 with adult grade chicken pox, but this is up there as well. I’ve seen vaccinated people hit nearly as hard, it makes you wonder if they got the formula right.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2023, 04:13 PM   #5037
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Well, they're at it again.

2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2023, 11:30 AM   #5038
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

Thieving pricks! Drowning would be too good for them.
1970XW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2023, 01:03 PM   #5039
Honest Gaza

Quote:
T...to use a café as example - I’ll look forward to enjoying good food while others look forward to daydreaming over the menu.
Should be a rule in place where everyone looks at the menu and decides what they want (for when staff come over to take their orders)....and then you can play catch-up with each other
Honest Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2023, 01:55 PM   #5040
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
It’s like - to use a café as example - I’ll look forward to enjoying good food while others look forward to daydreaming over the menu.
Yeah it's an oldish post but anyway.

If you go into a Roadhouse Truckies invariably know what they want and order it. Tourists gaze at the menu for 5mins then pass it to their kids!