Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-02-2023, 04:17 PM   #4861
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
The signs are about 2m x 2m every 4 holes, they say Groundstaff have right of way, do not hit up until called upon.

The usual excuse is 'I didn't see the sign/ or you' But they can see the green they're aiming for a couple of hundred metres away.
This would not be unique to you here.

People just don't look at or even notice signs in general. We have signs all over the nursery, from promotional signs to ones that direct customers to certain areas or denote specific plant groups. In general, people walk straight past signs and then go on to ask a staff member. This is not a one off or occasional observation, it happens every single day with almost all customers.

Still, I think it's common sense to not tee up and drive your ball while someone is still on the green or fairway. I'm only an occasionally golfer, even I know this. Again though, we are talking about entitlement here, "I pay my fees, I am the customer, I can do whatever I want".
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #4862
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
This would not be unique to you here.

Still, I think it's common sense to not tee up and drive your ball while someone is still on the green or fairway. I'm only an occasionally golfer, even I know this. Again though, we are talking about entitlement here, "I pay my fees, I am the customer, I can do whatever I want".
Go ahead make my day.....

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2023, 09:07 PM   #4863
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha I sense a smoko break story from yesteryear
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2023, 04:37 PM   #4864
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

For the price I paid for these electrovalves, definitely hope they come back to me and say “not fake”!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-02-2023, 06:20 PM   #4865
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What the hell?

"Product may or may not be fake"
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2023, 03:09 PM   #4866
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

My daughter bought some pet rabbits a few months back, started with two girls and then bought a boy. Rabbits being rabbits, they bred and the two mums gave birth to a litter each: one had 7 bubs and the other had 5.

The breeder suggested that not all of the babies would survive given the numbers in the litters and that they were both first-time mums. So, when a couple died here and there, we didn't think much of it.

That was until the adult boy got sick. My daughter called me at work one day to say tippy wasn't well. She called me back in half an hour to say he died right in front of her whilst she was on the phone to the vet.

Cue two days later, and the same thing happens to the first adult female.

Another two days, and a repeat, this time with the third (female) adult.

So, since the 23rd of Feb, we've lost all three adults and a number of babies. The last of the babies (all 6 of them) all perished last night. That's fifteen bunnies in total.

My daughter got one of the adults off to the vet whilst I was away over the weekend just gone, and he thinks it's calicivirus. My daughter reached out to the breeder that she got some from and she doesn't vaccinate her animals. We didn't know there was need to either.

We're both a bit depressed today.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 01-03-2023 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Maths ain't that good today :(
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2023, 03:27 PM   #4867
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Mongrels! What did the breeder think would happen? I’m sorry for the two of you.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2023, 03:28 PM   #4868
.:4:.
Kicking back

So many years ago i had pet rabbits. They were desexxed and vacinated. So 2, a male an a female cannot procreate.
I may be way off here. But wasnt the calici virus created in a lab to get rid of feral rabbits? So vacination for pets, death to invasive ferrals.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2023, 03:48 PM   #4869
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Mongrels! What did the breeder think would happen? I’m sorry for the two of you.
Yeah, not sure. Thing is, I'm not sure how her population survives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:.
So many years ago i had pet rabbits. They were desexxed and vacinated. So 2, a male an a female cannot procreate.
I may be way off here. But wasnt the calici virus created in a lab to get rid of feral rabbits? So vacination for pets, death to invasive ferrals.
A strain of it was introduced into Australia, but it is not made in a lab. From wiki:

Quote:
In 1991, a strain of the RHDVa virus, Czech CAPM 351RHDV, was imported to Australia[42] under strict quarantine conditions to research the safety and usefulness of the virus if it were used as a biological control agent against Australia and New Zealand's rabbit pest problem. Testing of the virus was undertaken on Wardang Island in Spencer Gulf off the coast of the Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. In 1995, the virus escaped quarantine and subsequently killed 10 million rabbits within 8 weeks of its release.[43] In March 2017, a new Korean strain known as RHDV K5 was successfully released in a deliberate manner after almost a decade of research. This strain was chosen in part because it functions better in cool, wet regions where the previous Calicivirus was less effective.[44]

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2023, 10:21 PM   #4870
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
The calicivirus version originally released in Australia was intended for feral rabbits only but unfortunately there is a couple other strains that has found its way in Australia which unfortunately effects domestic rabbits.
The below link explains a bit more in detail.

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/agric...-disease-virus
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2023, 11:05 PM   #4871
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had a few power outages over this summer despite it not being even close to the hottest we get here. I got home on Monday or Tuesday after another one.

There was this massive generator across the road going non stop the last few days.

Well power went out tonight and now it's making no noise so we can join the dots on that. Now can hear all sorts of people now
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2023, 11:35 PM   #4872
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definitely confirmed now. They fired it up then it died while taking a ****!

Got it going again so now back on again. WTF are we on generator for days now anyway.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:37 PM   #4873
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Definitely confirmed now. They fired it up then it died while taking a ****!

Got it going again so now back on again. WTF are we on generator for days now anyway.
I thought I heard your main man there say brag that the ACT is now 100% renewable energy.

Maybe the wind farms don't work at night
Old 03-03-2023, 11:40 PM   #4874
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep got to love those types!
Old 03-03-2023, 11:59 PM   #4875
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rang up the leccy company and they said they have a cable fault they are repairing the last couple of days.

The generator failed but it's back up and it's ****en loud.

I'm across the street so can only imagine how loud it is for them right next to it

It would have been pretty simple to send a email or SMS to explain this. I'll take loud over no power any day of the week
2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2023, 06:08 PM   #4876
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

When confronted by several hundred square metres in a condition like this, you almost wonder where to start. Cheap twenty year old landscaping, overrun and under-maintained.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2023, 06:14 PM   #4877
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
When confronted by several hundred square metres in a condition like this, you almost wonder where to start. Cheap twenty year old landscaping, overrun and under-maintained.
You would love my mothers old house.
Can't quite place what colour the pool is supposed to be but blue doesn't enter the equation.

2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2023, 09:18 PM   #4878
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

People missing the obvious. I enquired about an NOS intake rubber hose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Hello,
Can you advise, is the hose still reasonably flexible, despite being a few years on the shelf?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Them
Hi yes we still have it thanks
5 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2023, 01:54 PM   #4879
marty351
Shenanigans..............

AI bots. They're creeping up everywhere.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2023, 05:53 PM   #4880
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I’ve had a couple of gardens in this state, the client usually insists on hand weeding as they “don’t like weed killers”. Seriously GTFO.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 09-03-2023, 06:04 PM   #4881
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
I’ve had a couple of gardens in this state, the client usually insists on hand weeding as they “don’t like weed killers”. Seriously GTFO.
Would these be the people who buy Organic everything?
Old 09-03-2023, 06:44 PM   #4882
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Tell them you offer the option of safe, organic weed killer......................

Never mind that it stinks to high heaven and will burn the sh.t out of anything it touches.
Mustang GT

Old 09-03-2023, 07:10 PM   #4883
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Is that, one of those which smell like vomit?
Old 09-03-2023, 07:43 PM   #4884
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Tell them you offer the option of safe, organic weed killer......................

Never mind that it stinks to high heaven and will burn the sh.t out of anything it touches.
Doesn’t work on kik. Only knocks off what’s above ground, the roots regrow a week later.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 09-03-2023, 07:52 PM   #4885
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Doesn’t work on kik. Only knocks off what’s above ground, the roots regrow a week later.
Yeah, it's use is limited to be honest. We use it a bit at work so we don't have glyphosate spray drift potentially impacting plants that are set out on the ground rather than benches. It's also the only thing that will kill fleabane. We additionally use it to control algae and moss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
Is that, one of those which smell like vomit?
I probably wouldn't describe it as vomit, but it is an acid and certainly does have a strong aroma that will linger for days.
Mustang GT

Old 09-03-2023, 08:00 PM   #4886
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Sticking with weed killers, and a product I HATED using...........

https://www.syngenta.com.au/product/.../sprayseed-250

That stuff is vile, probably the most toxic product I have ever used and one that hopefully wont haunt me in my later years.

This stuff is similar to Slasher in that it burns the foliage and will burn your skin as well. A colleague once got it close to his eye and caused him unimaginable grief. I would say never, ever use this if you have the choice.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 09:29 AM   #4887
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Just looking at one of the info sheets from the product’s site, it mentions a different product applied at “3-7g/ha”.

Think I’d leave that one to someone else, and be a good way off when they were applying.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:30 AM   #4888
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Just looking at one of the info sheets from the product’s site, it mentions a different product applied at “3-7g/ha”.

Think I’d leave that one to someone else, and be a good way off when they were applying.
Pellets ?

Old 10-03-2023, 09:37 AM   #4889
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Metsulfuron-methyl 600g/kg. Seems mostly a solution, although granules and a paste are offered by some.
Old 11-03-2023, 04:32 PM   #4890
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the Covid threads closed and never did find out if the pangalons are off the hook officially �� ��
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post