Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #451
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
the funny thing is, you can make it rain, under certain conditions using a silver compound powder as a nucleating medium.
Hmmm lets see,if my memory serves going back about 40+yrs that I know of they have been trying this.

It hasn't worked yet!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 28-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #452
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pictures of the artic from space.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/...023esuice.html
Old 28-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #453
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Hmmm lets see,if my memory serves going back about 40+yrs that I know of they have been trying this.

It hasn't worked yet!

They did it in china recently which caused massive public outrage as it shut down airports and roads. They call themselves 'Beijing Weather Modification Command Centre'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1627084.html

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...g_snow_st.html

http://article.wn.com/view/2009/11/0...make_snowfall/
Old 28-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #454
durtyharry

After stumbling upon this thread while looking for some info on our territory, I was hooked into reading all 450 posts, I wont respond to all, but thought Id start with the person who started the thread:

Walt you make a lot of noise on the mindset of anyone who accepts the science of AGW:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski
Let me guess.

You were educated in English by the same Education system that brain washes young students on Climate Change? Not to mention other PC issues.

The left is brainwashing the Playstation generation who generally have the attention span of a Gnat. After too many hours in front of screens they are losing their ability to think laterally and critically analyse issues

Talk about dumbing down.
Damning indeed, but how critically did you analyse/research the 30 000 scientists that are supposedly suing Al Gore, before posting about it here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski

The problem is so bad that genuine scientists (who are mostly self funded and therefore not dependent on Government funding) have had to take the extraordinary step of suing Al Gore because they could not get their message heard.

There are over 30,000 of them in the Class Action against the fraudster Gore

I repeat 30,000 scientists who do not agree with your view.
Who, where and what are the qualifications of these 30000 "self funded" genuine scientists that you mention that do active research into the climate who think agw is bunk?
Doesn't it even sound a little problematic or fanciful to get 30000 people to agree to sue him?

Coleman, supported by Fox, brought this to the attention of the tabloid media 2 years ago, but still no lawsuit.
Really, it was just a stunt to cast doubt on the science of AGW ,the mentioning of it here as “proof” that agw is a hoax confirms the effectiveness of the ploy.
Do realise, aligning yourself with the people that put the above together puts you in some very dodgy company, including those who were paid by tobacco companies to deny smoking causes cancer.

Here are some relevant links:
http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/denie...egon-petition/

http://www.desmogblog.com/john-coleman-still-waiti ...
http://www.uscentrist.org/about/issu...l-warming-scam
http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2009/07/12/what-if- ...
Old 28-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #455
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2

Quote:
October 23, 2003 - (date of web publication)
Side by side comparisons of seaice from 1979 and 2003.
Not entirely up to date, they were the main warming years iirc, the last eight years have cooled. Don't know how this is possible with industry at an all time high.

Quote:
For any children worried that Santa’s home really has melted, here’s the latest satellite picture of all the ice (in purple):

Old 28-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #456
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They did it in china recently which caused massive public outrage as it shut down airports and roads. They call themselves 'Beijing Weather Modification Command Centre'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1627084.html

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...g_snow_st.html

http://article.wn.com/view/2009/11/0...make_snowfall/
They did not do it in China recently,the articles you listed mention SNOW not rain. They also say that there is little if any scientific evidence/proof for anything done by the Chinese weather mod' centre.
Who will stake a claim on anything if it makes them look good.
Did you actually read what you linked,I doubt it.

I stand by what I posted!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 28-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #457
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyharry
After stumbling upon this thread while looking for some info on our territory, I was hooked into reading all 450 posts, I wont respond to all, but thought Id start with the person who started the thread:

Walt you make a lot of noise on the mindset of anyone who accepts the science of AGW:

Damning indeed, but how critically did you analyse/research the 30 000 scientists that are supposedly suing Al Gore, before posting about it here?

Who, where and what are the qualifications of these 30000 "self funded" genuine scientists that you mention that do active research into the climate who think agw is bunk?
Doesn't it even sound a little problematic or fanciful to get 30000 people to agree to sue him?

Coleman, supported by Fox, brought this to the attention of the tabloid media 2 years ago, but still no lawsuit.
Really, it was just a stunt to cast doubt on the science of AGW ,the mentioning of it here as “proof” that agw is a hoax confirms the effectiveness of the ploy.
Do realise, aligning yourself with the people that put the above together puts you in some very dodgy company, including those who were paid by tobacco companies to deny smoking causes cancer.

Here are some relevant links:
http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/denie...egon-petition/

http://www.desmogblog.com/john-coleman-still-waiti ...
http://www.uscentrist.org/about/issu...l-warming-scam
http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2009/07/12/what-if- ...

Kind of a mute point since he said he was wrong
http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=8782
http://ihatealgore.com/?p=261
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpeBq7FSU9M

you can find this major piece of news on every unimportant news site around the world
Old 28-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #458
Chopped
as in chopped

Sqaubbling about our contribution to climate change is taking our attention away from the supposed fix-

What is a tax going to do to fix the climate ?

If the climate get's worse - they will say "we need to tax you more as you are still polluting too much"
If the climate get's better - they will say "see our tax is working so it must stay to protect the future of the planet"

All of the richer nations governments will be controlled under one world government. Making it near impossible to opt out in the future.

Somehow by paying money to the poorer nations everything will be fine !

Most of those poorer nations are run by dictators who's eyes have popped out of their head at the thought of free western money propping up their regimes.

Sudan is the head spokesman of the G77 !! I mean SUDAN FFS..... telling us about what's wrong in the West !! (google Sudan to see how well they treat their own citizens.)

The polluting effect on climate can be changed through regulation much more effectively than a tax controlled by the world bank.

When something smells like poo...it generally is poo.
Old 28-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #459
durtyharry

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Kind of a mute point since he said he was wrong
Snappy, the point of my post, which seems to have missed you is that many people here who accept denialist claims without giving it a second thought-, nevermind actually researching it, and at the same time denigrate those who accept the consensus agw explanation.

Yourself also being a case in point:
Quote:
They were using the theory that co2 stops the heat from being released in to the atmosphere . If you watch the link i posted with christopher monckton on micheal coren show . He said only just resently the have been able to measure the radiation entering the atmosphere and as it warms up more radiation leaves its does not get trapped by co2 the earth is actually increasing the output. So every computer model the have done has the wrong theory entered in it.
Well the ones that count the ones that the U.N is using.
You appear to have accepted Monckton’s claims without hesitation. I suggest you go back and watch the presentation again and write down the name of the scientist he sites as the one providing undisputable research that the effects of CO2 have been overstated.

Yes, the same scientist that still says there is no link between smoking and cancer

Further research should reveal links with oil , tobacco and past debunked theories as well as commenting on his current claims , its level of verification, and whether it is peer reviewed.
Old 28-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #460
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@durtyharry,MAY cause cancer there is no emperical data/evidence to prove it does which is exactly the same for blind acceptance of your churches propaganda,there is no emperical data/evidence. It is based on computer modelling which is flawed.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6

Last edited by MO; 28-12-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: wrong lead in,apology brooksy.
Old 28-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #461
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
They did not do it in China recently,the articles you listed mention SNOW not rain. They also say that there is little if any scientific evidence/proof for anything done by the Chinese weather mod' centre.
Who will stake a claim on anything if it makes them look good.
Did you actually read what you linked,I doubt it.

I stand by what I posted!
well we were actually meaning precipitation, both snow and rain fall under this heading.
you're certainly quick to bite our heads off!
Old 28-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #462
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well we were actually meaning precipitation, both snow and rain fall under this heading.
you're certainly quick to bite our heads off!
Well excrement needs to be flushed quickly before it smells the place out!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 28-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #463
gtfpv
GT

ok . this thread is becoming like a debate about the origin of life . none of us can answer it . the sad truth is that most people dont know how to fly to the moon , but a minor few can . these people can lie to us any way and we dont have the means to prove them wrong or right . HOW SAD .
Old 28-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #464
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

In continuation of my previous posts, does it really matter IF the planet's average temperature increases? As I said, this planet has been much hotter in the past, and still been host to life. If simplistic bacteria can survive even the harshest conditions this planet can offer, why couldnt Man survive just a climate shift within an interglacial period?? Do we really downplay our durability and survivability as a species THAT much? It almost disgusting.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #465
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Sqaubbling about our contribution to climate change is taking our attention away from the supposed fix-

What is a tax going to do to fix the climate ?
I'm waiting for someone to explain how this will change the climate.
No point in facing the real issue when there are so many tangents to be had.

I suggest we go to OP's topic "Extra Tax Sytem for Australians", the other discussion is a merry go round that will achive nothing but a padlock on this thread.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #466
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
In continuation of my previous posts, does it really matter IF the planet's average temperature increases? As I said, this planet has been much hotter in the past, and still been host to life. If simplistic bacteria can survive even the harshest conditions this planet can offer, why couldnt Man survive just a climate shift within an interglacial period?? Do we really downplay our durability and survivability as a species THAT much? It almost disgusting.
Some are trying to make us believe that we cannot survive. I for one have no doubt that we're adaptable.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 28-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #467
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe

I suggest we go to OP's topic "Extra Tax Sytem for Australians", the other discussion is a merry go round that will achive nothing but a padlock on this thread.
+1.....

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 28-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #468
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Some are trying to make us believe that we cannot survive. I for one have no doubt that we're adaptable.
Very true, reminds me of the old adage of controlling people with fear. Has worked for hundreds of years
Old 28-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #469
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe

IN A PERFECT WORLD FALCON COUPE , we would believe our leaders because they wouldnt lie to us , and pay an extra tax to change the technology we currently use to a proven less polluting type.
i guess thats the idea they are trying to sell us , however , as with everything "nothing is certain" our questions as a society are now starting to out number our answers, i guess as a species the majority of us are now class orientated and dumbed down so much that none of us have the technology or enginuity of our leaders . i hope this isnt TOO FAR OFF TOPIC , but it is an attempt to answer your question . as with all of our history the majority have been either controlled, or blindly followed our world leaders, i'll stop there .
Old 29-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #470
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Well excrement needs to be flushed quickly before it smells the place out!
so its cool if i do the same to you then. you've had more than your fair share of bs in this thread. I've been trying to be polite with you, but you don't seem to get the point.

Last edited by xy500; 29-12-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:41 AM   #471
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Further research should reveal links with oil , tobacco and past debunked theories as well as commenting on his current claims , its level of verification, and whether it is peer reviewed.
Durtyharry
I believe you but what my research has found is almost every major company or organisation has links to oil .

I have found green peace was started by oil contributions and still is it main donater , The U.N that right the U.N on just recently was plagued with oil and food corruption and the world bank started by oil tycoons.
Thats probly the 3 biggest businesses pushing global warming , so what does your point prove .
An another question how do you think oil company's will suffer , they will benefit . The cost of the product will rise also there product will be conserved so the will reap higher turnover for a longer duration .
Those extra taxes they pay will go to there bank that will take there cut , then distributed money to 3rd world countries increase there standard of living and demand for oil then recieve there taxes .
Oil has more to lose if climate change is proven false so find another scapegoat.
Funny how the can hide there funding of greenpeace but the cant hide funding a climate sceptic.

The only people that will suffer is the middle class because we will have to flip the bill like always. I just hope we have enough cash left to fight of global cooling when the bill comes for that.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #472
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
so its cool if i do the same to you then. you've had more than your fair share of bs in this thread. I've been trying to be polite with you, but you don't seem to get the point.
And of course you don't bs...sigh...no you just blindly accept what your fed.
Make it rain...lol
Now when the truth does come out will you then say 'well I sorta thought that',no you'll have egg on your face as well as the other poor duped fools.

As for being polite with me, don't stress too much about that..you see I grew up and worked in the real world where if you couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen you either got out or got kicked out.

I love a hot kitchen.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 29-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #473
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO

We don't adapt, we adapt our environment to suit us. The rest of the species on this planet don't have air con.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #474
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
We don't adapt, we adapt our environment to suit us. The rest of the species on this planet don't have air con.
I think the scope of this topic far exceeds something as simple as that. The loss of species has been occuring long before Man was here. Life that does not adapt dies. Survival of the fittest/natural selection, etc. And we do not need that global biosphere to survive.

But enough on that or this thread will undoubtedly be locked.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #475
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As Scotty85 said.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 29-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #476
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
I think the scope of this topic far exceeds something as simple as that. The loss of species has been occuring long before Man was here. Life that does not adapt dies. Survival of the fittest/natural selection, etc. And we do not need that global biosphere to survive.

But enough on that or this thread will undoubtedly be locked.
How do you adapt to your habitat being destroyed? How about when your food source depletes and you need to cross a 6 lane highway? We have for a long time changed our environment to suit us which in turn has allowed greater population growth and greater life expectancy. The simple fact is the number of humans on this planet is unsustainable.
Old 29-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #477
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And what would you do about the population?

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 29-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #478
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
A tax should fix it
Old 29-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #479
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO

No country will impose a population cap as it is bad economically. Declining population = declining economy.
Old 29-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #480
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A tax should fix it

Funnily enough if it cost too much to have kids it would have an impact on educated people. Stupid people will still reproduce.
Closed Thread