Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-02-2022, 08:32 PM   #4261
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I have been in my current job for 10+ yrs now. There is one particular team we have dealt with since about 2015/2016.

You'd think in IT there is a mutual respect between teams but this one in particular has been a massive pain in the **** since I can remember. Even worse now since I'm last man standing.

What ****es me off the most is my leadership group know they are difficult at best to deal with but do they step in and do anything about it?

Of course they don't. If you keep bending over for bad behaviour what incentive do they have to change?

Hoping I can get through to April then **** this place off for good. I can earn much more money for a lot less bull****.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2022, 11:46 PM   #4262
.:4:.
Kicking back

Gave a hand fixing my brothers car. Thats fine and dandy. He wanted to go to aldi to pick up a loading ramp for motorcycles. He has motorcycles and a ute, so that makes logical sense. So we get the ramp, wait in the checkout line, the 2 ladies in front, well they want the bill split 3 ways. But then 1 of them then nicks off to get other stuff. Then the standard issue, multiple credit cards that get declined. Hmmmmm.
So we get to the cashier ding, $80.
But, my brother pulled these ones on me. He doesnt get paid untill monday. So to save myself from any embarrassment i just paid it. Its not a loan, loans get repaid.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #4263
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Gave a hand fixing my brothers car. Thats fine and dandy. He wanted to go to aldi to pick up a loading ramp for motorcycles. He has motorcycles and a ute, so that makes logical sense. So we get the ramp, wait in the checkout line, the 2 ladies in front, well they want the bill split 3 ways. But then 1 of them then nicks off to get other stuff. Then the standard issue, multiple credit cards that get declined. Hmmmmm.
So we get to the cashier ding, $80.
But, my brother pulled these ones on me. He doesnt get paid untill monday. So to save myself from any embarrassment i just paid it. Its not a loan, loans get repaid.
Lol I use to get that from my dear old mum when I use to go shopping with her at times, she knew I was the softy of the bunch as I would refuse her attempts to pay me back
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #4264
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Lol I use to get that from my dear old mum when I use to go shopping with her at times, she knew I was the softy of the bunch as I would refuse her attempts to pay me back
Atleast your mum offered to repay you. But its different when its a parent, they supported you growing up so its kind of like returning the favour.
Syblings? Thats different.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-02-2022, 11:27 AM   #4265
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
i do something for my mum ........ she has to pay me .. cracks the shiiits when i say no. major items i can understand .. but minor?!.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2022, 11:08 AM   #4266
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

I hate the uncertainty of our current world!
With Putin flexing his muscles in Ukraine. With China’s ambitions on Taiwan (and God knows who next?)
You’d really have hoped that what the entire worlds been through over the last 2 years with Covid, might have brought about a little “brotherhood”, A little peace and goodwill even?
Nope… The powers that be are determined to feck it all up…
Humans are a bloody destructive, evil species ain’t they?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 05:22 PM   #4267
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Bought myself an esky in preparation for my trip to marlo last week. Local store aligned with a national chain had a good brand 54l esky on special for $229, $70 off.

Worked well for the week I was away, but I noted that it had a slow weep. Pulled the drain bung assembly apart to have a look, and could see why it was weeping: there was no silicon bead between the outside face of the esky and the inner face of the outside drain housing. An easy enough fix but I decide I really shouldn't have to fix it.

So, took it back to the retailer today, explaining what was going on. He looks at the assembly and says he can see what the problem is. He then tells me that this manufacturers warranty is all handled on line and I'd need to contact them to get it sorted. I politely asked him if he had a responsibility under the consumer affairs act to resolve my issue, to which he replies that he can't be responsible for how the manufacturer handles claims and its not his problem.

I walked out fuming, with a pretty good idea what he told me was wrong. Checked the ACCC site and their 'Warranties and refunds - a guide for consumers and businesses' to find on page 15 this statement:

"It is a breach of the Act for sellers to mislead consumers about this right – for example, by claiming they can do nothing and that the consumer must contact the manufacturer for a remedy."

Went back to see him. Conveniently, he'd finished for the day, so I'll need to take this up tomoz, although I would prefer to do it face to face.

Even my daughter who is 16 and works at Target knew the rules: it's drummed into them.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 05:32 PM   #4268
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So, took it back to the retailer today, explaining what was going on. He looks at the assembly and says he can see what the problem is. He then tells me that this manufacturers warranty is all handled on line and I'd need to contact them to get it sorted. I politely asked him if he had a responsibility under the consumer affairs act to resolve my issue, to which he replies that he can't be responsible for how the manufacturer handles claims and its not his problem.

He knew.
But would rather you do the running around than himself.
Glad to hear you are pursuing it.
People tell me to leave things be, but "its the principle".
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 05:41 PM   #4269
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
He knew.
A few years ago a manager at a local Hardly Normal outlet got fined a lot of cash for fobbing off a customer with a faulty fridge and telling her basically the same story.
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 05:53 PM   #4270
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
He knew.
He has no excuses: if he doesn't know his legal obligations, he shouldn't be in business. If he does know the law and was knowingly misleading me, he shouldn't be in business.

It's soured what was otherwise a pleasant buying experience. The poor worker who served my daughter and I when my daughter bought her swag and me the esky, was there when I went back this arvo and told me I'd need to speak with the boss tomoz. She did a great job serving us originally, so I feel bad for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 22-02-2022, 05:57 PM   #4271
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
He has no excuses: if he doesn't know his legal obligations, he shouldn't be in business. If he does know the law and was knowingly misleading me, he shouldn't be in business.

It's soured what was otherwise a pleasant buying experience. The poor worker who served my daughter and I when my daughter bought her swag and me the esky, was there when I went back this arvo and told me I'd need to speak with the boss tomoz. She did a great job serving us originally, so I feel bad for her.
The worker probably knows the rules as well but scared of the Boss.
Old 23-02-2022, 12:39 AM   #4272
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Bought myself an esky in preparation for my trip to marlo last week. Local store aligned with a national chain had a good brand 54l esky on special for $229, $70 off.

Worked well for the week I was away, but I noted that it had a slow weep. Pulled the drain bung assembly apart to have a look, and could see why it was weeping: there was no silicon bead between the outside face of the esky and the inner face of the outside drain housing. An easy enough fix but I decide I really shouldn't have to fix it.

I walked out fuming, with a pretty good idea what he told me was wrong. Checked the ACCC site and their 'Warranties and refunds - a guide for consumers and businesses' to find on page 15 this statement:

"It is a breach of the Act for sellers to mislead consumers about this right – for example, by claiming they can do nothing and that the consumer must contact the manufacturer for a remedy."

Went back to see him. Conveniently, he'd finished for the day, so I'll need to take this up tomoz, although I would prefer to do it face to face.

Even my daughter who is 16 and works at Target knew the rules: it's drummed into them.
Not wanting to sound like an a.s.s but I'm glad it is you as I would be locked up by now if I was in your situation, if you get my meaning I tend to get angry these days as I grow older. Must be losing my patience....

Amusingly I was in a similar situation years ago but slightly reverse situation where I purchased a defective washing machine whereby I contacted the manufacturer for remedy where they dicked me around for a few weeks but the retailer came to my rescue resolving the issue in one day with replacement; no questions asked.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2022, 05:07 PM   #4273
Kicking back

So yesterday was my birthday, thats fine, im entitled to get older, but anyhow my phone randomly decided to crap its dacks. Thats annoying.
Anyhow, found the least broken old phone i have. The speaker and microphone dont work it it, but with a sim card it does interweb. Did the googles for a new phone thats in stock, so none of the fancy ones were in stock anywhere, but i found something which was cheap and ok enough and well under what i would spent for a ****er phone.
So that was todays mission. For the first time in ages sat in peak hour traffic learning the new evolution of how the general public dont know how to drive.
Got to officeworks, i know the big speed bump on entry there. That familiar scrape sound. Anyhow, in officeworks i was speaking to a friendly staff member and got that one. So the one i was after, no issues at all. The way out, same speed bump. I dunno how i have an exhaust on the car at all.
Then theres the new phones suck part of it. Setting them up with the photos and stuff off the old ones.
4 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2022, 06:02 PM   #4274
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

happy birthday for yesterday 4, Foxtrot, how did the esky issue play out. I've been lurking on and off here waiting for an update.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 03:24 PM   #4275
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo View Post
happy birthday for yesterday 4, Foxtrot, how did the esky issue play out. I've been lurking on and off here waiting for an update.
Yep, a belated happy birthday to you .:4:.. Hope you had a good one.

Was just about to post a reply saying that I hadn't posted anything as there was really no news to report, when I got a phone call.

I called the store Wednesday, asking to speak to the owner. "Soz, he's stepped out for a bit. Leave your number and we'll get him to call you back." No phone call Wednesday.

Rang again yesterday. "Soz, we got busy yesterday arvo and the boss didn't get a chance to call you back. He's not here, atm, but I'll let him know you called again and he'll call you." No phone call back yesterday.

Was just about to jump on the phone to call them again early this arvo, when I got a phone call from the lady who served us originally asking what resolution I wanted with respect to my claim. I told her I was happy to go for a replacement as I was happy with the product itself, apart from the weeping issue.

She's now put one aside for me to come into the store and swap my faulty one over for a new one. Which I'll have to do after iso is over.

I'm happy that it's been resolved the way it should have been right from the get go. Problem is, this guy has just soured the purchasing experience and I will NEVER go back to that shop EVER again. Even if I have to pay more from somewhere else.

I'm also disappointed that he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to deal with me directly and his worker do his dirty work. I REALLY hope he is there the day that I go in to effect the exchange as I WILL be letting him know that what he did was WRONG and that he shouldn't be in business if that's how he treats his customers.

Two lessons learnt for me out of this, even at the ripe old age of 50

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #4276
Kicking back

Quote:

Was just about to post a reply saying that I hadn't posted anything as there was really no news to report, when I got a phone call.

I called the store Wednesday, asking to speak to the owner. "Soz, he's stepped out for a bit. Leave your number and we'll get him to call you back." No phone call Wednesday.

Rang again yesterday. "Soz, we got busy yesterday arvo and the boss didn't get a chance to call you back. He's not here, atm, but I'll let him know you called again and he'll call you." No phone call back yesterday.

Was just about to jump on the phone to call them again early this arvo, when I got a phone call from the lady who served us originally asking what resolution I wanted with respect to my claim. I told her I was happy to go for a replacement as I was happy with the product itself, apart from the weeping issue.

She's now put one aside for me to come into the store and swap my faulty one over for a new one. Which I'll have to do after iso is over.

I'm happy that it's been resolved the way it should have been right from the get go. Problem is, this guy has just soured the purchasing experience and I will NEVER go back to that shop EVER again. Even if I have to pay more from somewhere else.

I'm also disappointed that he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to deal with me directly and his worker do his dirty work. I REALLY hope he is there the day that I go in to effect the exchange as I WILL be letting him know that what he did was WRONG and that he shouldn't be in business if that's how he treats his customers.

The hardest part about being annoyed about something is knowing for the most part untill getting on to someone with the power to do anything, is typically the first person on the phone is powerless to help and is just there to do their job. So getting annoyed at them gets nowhere, it just ruins their day too. Its when the people who are in the position to resolve a conflict but try to dodge it, thats poor form.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 04:48 PM   #4277
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Wow, that's **** weak from that guy.

He needs to be reminded he is **** weak.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 05:19 PM   #4278
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Got another gripe to air. Nothing to do with eskies...

There seems to be a growing trend in our organisation for people to send out a meeting invitation to a relatively small number of invitees, without having checked to see if the invitees already have something scheduled for that time slot.

I mean, how hard is it to check beforehand? Seriously? I consider it to be just plain rude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 08:12 PM   #4279
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Leave some bad reviews on their website, they don't like that. He's as weak as urine.
Old 25-02-2022, 08:31 PM   #4280
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sweet talk some staff and find contacts further up the ladder. that will get feathers ruffled. otherwise use social media without mentioning trade business names. word your comments well and people will kow who your talking about
Old 26-02-2022, 06:02 AM   #4281
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I was waiting for the bus last night and some random chick comes up with her dog off leash. It jumped up and licked my face.

Hopefully it didn't trasmit parasites to me. Hydatid cysts don't look fun.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 08:06 PM   #4282
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I was waiting for the bus last night and some random chick comes up with her dog off leash. It jumped up and licked my face.

Hopefully it didn't trasmit parasites to me. Hydatid cysts don't look fun.
There is a woman around here that walks her dog around the time I do also. She rides a mobility scooter and the Blue Healer walks alongside unleashed. One morning the thing came rushing up from behind us and attacked my dog, accompanied by the lady yelling at her dog on the other side of the road about 4 houses down. I'm not a confrontational sort of guy, but I gave her a bit of a heated rant about how she should have her dog on a lead like the rest of us. I don't tend to see her around much anymore.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 09:06 PM   #4283
kcodezd
0o\==^==/o0
Donating Member3

When You wake in the morning and find Your Commodore under water.

Oh wait wrong thread......
1978 W123 Mercedes Benz 280e
2004 BA XR8
2007 W211 E63 ////AMG
2008 Fiat Ritmo -for the kids to take ownership of while I pay for running costs
2009 SYii Territory Ts
2011 W212 Mercedes Benz E350 returned to the kid but now bent.
kcodezd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 09:11 PM   #4284
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcodezd View Post

wtf??

windows down and sprinkle some bi carb soda on her wet bits
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 09:27 PM   #4285
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
There is a woman around here that walks her dog around the time I do also. She rides a mobility scooter and the Blue Healer walks alongside unleashed. One morning the thing came rushing up from behind us and attacked my dog, accompanied by the lady yelling at her dog on the other side of the road about 4 houses down. I'm not a confrontational sort of guy, but I gave her a bit of a heated rant about how she should have her dog on a lead like the rest of us. I don't tend to see her around much anymore.

If some random aggressive unleashed dog approached me and my (elderly) dog, I would do whatever it takes to prevent injury to him and that would almost certainly result in a horrible violent confrontation.

I live near two ovals where people regularly walk their dogs. Even though the signs clearly state that dogs MUST be kept on leash, plenty of idiots decide to let their dogs run wild. I have had HUGE dogs sprint the entire length of the oval to run up to me, which is a daunting situation because it's impossible to determine whether the animal is friendly or not. You never really figure it out until they reach you - as a result, I never walk my dog there.

I feel for you DFB because it's extremely upsetting when an animal on leash is attacked by another that has freedom of movement. I'm sure the woman with the mobility scooter has her fair share of problems but that wouldn't stop me from reporting the attack to the police.
Old 26-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #4286
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcodezd View Post

There goes your excess.
Old 26-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #4287
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
There goes your excess.
I don't think it was kcodezd's car.
Old 26-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #4288
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
There goes your excess.
On the bright side, at least they got rid of the Holden without going through the hassle of selling it.

2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 09:37 PM   #4289
kcodezd
0o\==^==/o0
Donating Member3

Quote:
There goes your excess.
not mine, but a mates. he will be ok insurance wise if you know what I mean.
1978 W123 Mercedes Benz 280e
2004 BA XR8
2007 W211 E63 ////AMG
2008 Fiat Ritmo -for the kids to take ownership of while I pay for running costs
2009 SYii Territory Ts
2011 W212 Mercedes Benz E350 returned to the kid but now bent.
kcodezd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 09:51 PM   #4290
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Private Investigators..**** ones.

My eldest Daughter is friends with a guy she plays sport with, unfortunately his partner is a paranoid nutjob who thinks her 43yo man is interested in a 21yo girl and vice versa.
It all blew up last week when he was 'caught' talking on the phone to my Daughter, that it was about team selection for a game 3 days later didnt seem to matter.

So my Daughter gets up for work on the Friday morning and notices a black Mazda CX3 driving past slowly. 15 minutes later as she's leaving for work the car is still circling our block.
As she leaves the estate she notices the car following her 2 cars back, it continues to follow down a few roads at which point she decides to put them to the test and pulls into a side road and stops, sure enough the car turns in and stops a bit further down.
She pulls a u turn and heads back towards home and in the busy morning traffic loses them.
She parks in another side street where she can see the main road and sure enough a minute later the CX3 is seen heading back towards our house.

At this point she calls my Wife and tells her about the situation, my Wife decides to do a bit of her own surveillance and jumps in the FG. Soon enough the CX3 is passing our house again obviously looking for the Daughters car. My Wife and Son back out and begin following the CX3 and record it for a good 5 minutes circling our neighbourhood until the driver gives up and leaves.

When I get home I watch the video, note the number plate and Google it, up comes a current Gumtree for sale ad with a phone number and first name.
So I get the number run through Facebook and up pops a profile with the same first name and a last name.
I Google the name and discover it links to a PI business, further FB research of this clowns partner and friends provides a connection to the nutjob.

So I send him a message asking if he still has his CX3 for sale and can I come look at it, straight away I get a reply saying yes and an address, so I message back saying I just wanted to make sure he hadnt sold it since it was spotted and filmed tailing my Daughter before 7am, I forwarded him some screen shots.
Theres a lull in the exchange before a reply suggesting its all a misunderstanding and he had the car out to show someone.
I replied no mate, youre a PI tailing my Daughter and I know who put you up to it through your FB contacts.
The conversation ends abruptly, the Gumtree ad is deleted and the FB profile taken down.

Surprising what you can find out from a numberplate and a google/FB search.
Poor bastard cant even cash in on the used car covid tax as he doesnt know who's coming to look now..lol

Not very good at his gig either.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: