Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #4051
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Today I finally go to a bicycle shop to get an inner tube ... spares dept give me one not the right size - but it will work - go to front counter they might have the right one behind the counter - no one there - how long will I have to wait - can't be bothered waiting ...
all I achieved by driving there was to pick up rubbish on the way back to my car from the shop. I 'love' those plastic tooth picks that get used on the run these days and just dropped anywhere. The amount of rubbish on our streets is disgusting.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 12:21 PM   #4052
slowsnake
Banned

Why do women have lots of kids to different fathers, or the same father, neither working, homeless, geez the poor kids!

Reading about a couple now in my morning paper, 10 kids and one on the way?.....nowhere to live, from Mandurah, renting but owner decided to sell house, gave them an extra 3 months to find another rental, geez they need a 5 bedroom + 2 bathroom home, from what I am reading both are on a type of Centrelink payment, now if you know you are getting kicked out of your rental you don't have another child?

But I had a feeling it was to get right on top of the priority housing list, the area they live is called the Peel Zone, it encompasses a big area, all mostly on the ocean, the mother is saying " Mandurah is not equipped for big families" and at the end of the day my kids are suffering?
Of course they are, because you either don't care about the health and welfare of your kiddies, or you are routing the system, both you and your "current boyfriend"......both of you are a disgrace, it seems to me you are a very selfish Mother and parent, you heard of contraception lady?......no?.....and why should you when every child you and your lazy boyfriend pop another one out...ching.. ching...the money just keeps rolling in from everyone else's taxes and hard work, yes you all sit on the beach whining about not getting a "free 5 bedroom + 2 bathroom home

You make me want to vomit, and complaining that your kids can't have Christmas, what's next for you 2 lazy, bone idle reprobates, a "Go Fund Me" page, yuck, yuck and more yuck, excuse me while I vomit!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 02:44 PM   #4053
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Why do women have lots of kids to different fathers, or the same father, neither working, homeless, geez the poor kids!

Reading about a couple now in my morning paper, 10 kids and one on the way?.....nowhere to live, from Mandurah, renting but owner decided to sell house, gave them an extra 3 months to find another rental, geez they need a 5 bedroom + 2 bathroom home, from what I am reading both are on a type of Centrelink payment, now if you know you are getting kicked out of your rental you don't have another child?

But I had a feeling it was to get right on top of the priority housing list, the area they live is called the Peel Zone, it encompasses a big area, all mostly on the ocean, the mother is saying " Mandurah is not equipped for big families" and at the end of the day my kids are suffering?
Of course they are, because you either don't care about the health and welfare of your kiddies, or you are routing the system, both you and your "current boyfriend"......both of you are a disgrace, it seems to me you are a very selfish Mother and parent, you heard of contraception lady?......no?.....and why should you when every child you and your lazy boyfriend pop another one out...ching.. ching...the money just keeps rolling in from everyone else's taxes and hard work, yes you all sit on the beach whining about not getting a "free 5 bedroom + 2 bathroom home

You make me want to vomit, and complaining that your kids can't have Christmas, what's next for you 2 lazy, bone idle reprobates, a "Go Fund Me" page, yuck, yuck and more yuck, excuse me while I vomit!
(JOKE) she goes into centrelink with the tribe of kids in tow all boys, after the usual long wait the kids start fidgeting, she yells "David!" all immediately quieten down, this happens several times.
Finally the receptionist gets curious, and asks " Why do you call out David?"
she "thats their name, makes it easy to remember."
C " but f you want the attention of one in particular what do you do?"
she " easy, just yell out their surname."
Old 16-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #4054
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This got Knighted, you must be kidding, is it April 1st?

At least he dressed normally and got his rediculous corn cob row hair under control.

Yeah I know "What ever boomer".
4 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 11:08 PM   #4055
slowsnake
Banned

A tale of two ****ers!

I would of thought he could afford some decent patent leather boots!....arise Sir Lewis, don't roll off the tongue too well, not like Sir Jack (Brabham) or Sir Jackie (Stewart) 🤔

And if he won the Championship and beat a "German" by having 1 more than the Kraut, he would of got awarded a Lordship I suppose like Lord Botham, geez who thinks this **** up!....
Old 16-12-2021, 11:26 PM   #4056
leesa

You think he's unworthy because of the way he looks? Larry Nassar is white, clean shaven, a doctor and sexually assaulted hundreds of children.
Racism-fueled jealousy is a bitch, boys.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2021, 11:33 PM   #4057
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
You think he's unworthy because of the way he looks? Larry Nassar is white, clean shaven, a doctor and sexually assaulted hundreds of children.
I believe jaydee was talking about the way he dresses, skin colour never was never mentioned ...until you did.
Old 16-12-2021, 11:38 PM   #4058
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I believe jaydee was talking about the way he dresses, skin colour never was never mentioned ...until you did.
Quote:
At least he dressed normally and got his rediculous corn cob row hair under control.
White people don't generally wear corn"cob" rows, it seems like a pretty race-specific criticism to me particularly as there are cultural reasons behind the hair style.
Old 17-12-2021, 02:11 AM   #4059
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nope, you've got the wrong end of the stick (again).
My comment wasn't because he's black, but because he's a petulant child, if you followed F1 you would have seen some of his previous behaviour on the track and on the podium if he wasn't first but a minor placing.
In the early days I used to cheer him on, because he was so young and cleaning up, but then he turned into a tosser.
He's only had the corn cob rows in recent times, for what reason I don't know, he's half white half Jamaican, not Afro American
So don't throw the racism hand grenade, it's a dud, you forgot to pull the pin.

Last edited by jaydee; 17-12-2021 at 02:18 AM.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 03:10 AM   #4060
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Nope, you've got the wrong end of the stick (again).
My comment wasn't because he's black, but because he's a petulant child, if you followed F1 you would have seen some of his previous behaviour on the track and on the podium if he wasn't first but a minor placing.
In the early days I used to cheer him on, because he was so young and cleaning up, but then he turned into a tosser.
He's only had the corn cob rows in recent times, for what reason I don't know, he's half white half Jamaican, not Afro American
So don't throw the racism hand grenade, it's a dud, you forgot to pull the pin.
I'll never forget a chunnel sumting morning news host referring to kamala harris as 'African American' and no one picked her up on it.

It just shows how racist our society has become since the blm movement, not caring where or how they tread.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #4061
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m far more interested in the knighting-stool; some literature calls them an “investiture stool”. Would make a nice addition to the living room.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2021, 12:22 PM   #4062
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Leesa, why do you always make things about your idea of what is right or wrong?
Or to do with a person's skin colour, religion or gender?

I thought when looking at the photo, I instantly saw Hamilton's boots compared to Prince Charles patent leather shoes!..I dident notice skin colour at all.
Secondly I looked at that "stupid" looking stool, I thought what cheap bastards, cut the legs, the back and one arm on a really nice chair!

I dident see skin colour in any of the pics, but the others where he was dressed like a 1920's extra on a Charlie Chaplin movie, his clothes sense is shocking for such a high profile person, he looked really nice in his suit and tie etc, I could see nothing wrong with Jaydee's comments!
3 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #4063
leesa

Quote:
Leesa, why do you always make things about your idea of what is right or wrong?
Or to do with a person's skin colour, religion or gender?

I dident see skin colour in any of the pics, but the others where he was dressed like a 1920's extra on a Charlie Chaplin movie, his clothes sense is shocking for such a high profile person, he looked really nice in his suit and tie etc, I could see nothing wrong with Jaydee's comments!
Just calling out the bull**** where I see it, slowsnake. The only way society is going to become a more equal place for everyone is if people speak up when they see ****tyness. There is no place for racism, sexism, homophobia or any other kind of discrimination in society and most people just stay quiet and let it slide because they don't want to be confrontational. Not me, you're right, I am confrontational but someone has to be. If a small minority of you want to take a shot at me for it, go for it, but the only way society will see change is when people start getting some flack back for their comments.

It has little to do with "my idea of what's right or wrong" and mostly just about not being a ****. Would you say it to his face? No? Then why put it out on the internet at all? It's interesting that people will happily say dickish things about him, knowing he isn't looking, but then take issue when they think I'm being a dick to them. At least I'm telling you to your (virtual?) face and not behind your back on a public website.

If you all say that racism had no place in it, I still disagree but okay, I'll take your word for it, but my other point still stands. You're publicly shaming someone because of how they look. "This" got knighted? Are you jealous? If he wants to dress like that, so what? Who is he hurting? What are you hoping to achieve by putting someone down because you don't like how he looks? Does he have a bad character? He's not touching kids, sticking women with needles or assaulting people. Haven't we got enough **** in the world to deal with at the moment?

In the same vein, slowsnake, you pretty much use this forum as your own personal soapbox to rant and vent about whatever gets your goat that day. Doesn't bother me, but why is how you post okay and how I post not okay?

edit: btw healthy debate is good. feel free to reply and tell me what i'm wrong about and why.

Last edited by leesa; 17-12-2021 at 01:08 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 03:27 PM   #4064
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
White people don't generally wear corn"cob" rows, it seems like a pretty race-specific criticism to me particularly as there are cultural reasons behind the hair style.
Fkme just a harmless p***-take in my opinion; must be generational thing if you think Jaydee comment was racist as I certainly did not see that way.

Surely you not from the woke crowd.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 03:51 PM   #4065
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Just a fun fact;

The clothes that Sir Lewis wears are designed and provided by Tommy Hilfiger, who happens to be a good friend of Sir Lewis' and also a sponsor at the Mercedes AMG Formula 1 team.
Old 17-12-2021, 04:27 PM   #4066
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie the Barista View Post
Just a fun fact;

The clothes that Sir Lewis wears are designed and provided by Tommy Hilfiger, who happens to be a good friend of Sir Lewis' and also a sponsor at the Mercedes AMG Formula 1 team.

This Tommy guy must be a LOT taller than Lewis.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #4067
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Nah, other way round; TH is 1.68m and LH is 1.72 m tall.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2021, 04:48 PM   #4068
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

https://www.gq.com/story/lewis-hamil...ger-collection
Old 17-12-2021, 04:59 PM   #4069
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

LH received his knighthood in recognition for his services to motorsport. It's not like he was being recognised for having good (or otherwise) dress sense or wearing popular (or otherwise) hairstyles.

Time to move on.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #4070
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

spread the love and cheers folks, no need to get snotty over this.
Old 18-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #4071
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Just calling out the bull**** where I see it, slowsnake. The only way society is going to become a more equal place for everyone is if people speak up when they see ****tyness. There is no place for racism, sexism, homophobia or any other kind of discrimination in society and most people just stay quiet and let it slide because they don't want to be confrontational. Not me, you're right, I am confrontational but someone has to be. If a small minority of you want to take a shot at me for it, go for it, but the only way society will see change is when people start getting some flack back for their comments.

It has little to do with "my idea of what's right or wrong" and mostly just about not being a ****. Would you say it to his face? No? Then why put it out on the internet at all? It's interesting that people will happily say dickish things about him, knowing he isn't looking, but then take issue when they think I'm being a dick to them. At least I'm telling you to your (virtual?) face and not behind your back on a public website.

If you all say that racism had no place in it, I still disagree but okay, I'll take your word for it, but my other point still stands. You're publicly shaming someone because of how they look. "This" got knighted? Are you jealous? If he wants to dress like that, so what? Who is he hurting? What are you hoping to achieve by putting someone down because you don't like how he looks? Does he have a bad character? He's not touching kids, sticking women with needles or assaulting people. Haven't we got enough **** in the world to deal with at the moment?

In the same vein, slowsnake, you pretty much use this forum as your own personal soapbox to rant and vent about whatever gets your goat that day. Doesn't bother me, but why is how you post okay and how I post not okay?

edit: btw healthy debate is good. feel free to reply and tell me what i'm wrong about and why.
Well, start of with a provocative comment, knowing it is going to stir up trouble seems to be your " modus operandi "
I tell everyone to their face what I think!...bikers, gangstas, coppers and the average dole bludging pan handler on the street!

You posted to cause a backlash and it worked?..why are you now complaining, you got what you wanted, now stop whining
Old 18-12-2021, 11:38 AM   #4072
slowsnake
Banned

And more fool Sir Lewis for allowing Hilfiger to dress him like that, they used to do it to Stevie Wonder, but he was "blind" Sir Lewis isn't but to knowingly wear big name clothes to make younger folk go out and buy them is one thing, but to look like a down and out bum, and do it for profit is disgraceful, and then encourage his younger fans to spend their hard to come by money on Hilfiger high priced junk is despicable!
Old 18-12-2021, 11:52 AM   #4073
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
LH received his knighthood in recognition for his services to motorsport. It's not like he was being recognised for having good (or otherwise) dress sense or wearing popular (or otherwise) hairstyles.

Time to move on.
I like you and your posts Sky Pilot but Knighthoods were usually reserved for outstanding achievements in all fields of endeavour.

To me Sir Jack Brabham deserved his, he designed and built his own cars with a mate who was an engineering genius, the built his own engine with Australian company Repco, and then he drove them!
Yep that's worthy of a Knighthood!..

But Sir Lewis is just a taxi driver, driving a company taxi, they supply the car, he drives it from A to B for a hour once a week and then goes home!

Comes back a week later for another shift, well that's my take on it all!
Old 18-12-2021, 02:21 PM   #4074
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I like you and your posts Sky Pilot but Knighthoods were usually reserved for outstanding achievements in all fields of endeavour.

To me Sir Jack Brabham deserved his, he designed and built his own cars with a mate who was an engineering genius, the built his own engine with Australian company Repco, and then he drove them!
Yep that's worthy of a Knighthood!..

But Sir Lewis is just a taxi driver, driving a company taxi, they supply the car, he drives it from A to B for a hour once a week and then goes home!

Comes back a week later for another shift, well that's my take on it all!
People are knighted for many reasons and I'm quite sure Sir Lewis Hamilton deserves his like anyone else who has been knighted.
Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2021, 06:39 PM   #4075
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Is this the womens weekly? Judging a bloke for his hair and clothes. So lame
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2021, 06:44 PM   #4076
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

One of my neighbors has been living with her daughter in Melbourne due to poor health for a number of months now. You will often see the house across the street in many of my detailing pics. I have been collecting and forwarding her mail, mowing the lawn and now that summer is here, watering the garden.

I installed a couple of timers on the taps so I can set and forget. I noticed today some low life bastard has stolen the hose connector and the very old, vintage Pope Capitol sprinkler from the front garden.

The sprinkler, similar to the one below, is made of solid metal and are better than the cheap crap available in Bunning's these days.

I mean, who steals a garden sprinkler, let alone the $2.00 hose connector as well?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2021, 07:30 PM   #4077
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
One of my neighbors has been living with her daughter in Melbourne due to poor health for a number of months now. You will often see the house across the street in many of my detailing pics. I have been collecting and forwarding her mail, mowing the lawn and now that summer is here, watering the garden.

I installed a couple of timers on the taps so I can set and forget. I noticed today some low life bastard has stolen the hose connector and the very old, vintage Pope Capitol sprinkler from the front garden.

The sprinkler, similar to the one below, is made of solid metal and are better than the cheap crap available in Bunning's these days.

I mean, who steals a garden sprinkler, let alone the $2.00 hose connector as well?
How peculiar. Cutting a garden hose i have seen happen many times in the past, but you can't make a bong out of a sprinkler....
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2021, 08:31 PM   #4078
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
How peculiar. Cutting a garden hose i have seen happen many times in the past, but you can't make a bong out of a sprinkler....
Why not?....they make em out of shotguns, buckets and you get a vapouriser bag now, I have a feeling that big spray outlet could take a fair load of pot, pass it around like a "chillum pipe"
Am not joking......
Old 18-12-2021, 10:11 PM   #4079
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

There are people who just steal stuff because it appeals at the particular moment. It’s a manifestation of sociopathy.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2021, 10:46 PM   #4080
.:4:.
Kicking back

I finally signed up for an etag. Main reason is theyre jerks, they say 3 days to pay, however the site would never say i had made any trips then 3 weeks later id cop a fine.
It used to not be an issue because ive had the same numberplates for ever and it was linked to my dads accou t. But my dads a bit to dead these days.
I dont hit the toll roads often these days. I don't even drive that often, i filled up for the first time in maybe 9 weeks, that cost $108. And paying a $4.50 toll i cannot untill the letter saying its now $118. Thats just dumb.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post