Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2022, 11:25 AM   #361
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Its a little distorted because 18-60 year old males are prevented from evacuating. They are forced to take up arms and fight, there is no choice. I can't imagine an 18 year old kid with no experience in combat, probably has never fired a shot before, being pushed to the front line to face military armed to the teeth. Cannon fodder or human shield sounds about right.

I was just thinking the other day, if we could avoid another all out war for another generation, then we might be saved. From what I see, the next generation around the world have no desire to kill each other, they are more interested in their playstations, twitters, tik toks, tweerks and instagrams. But it doesn't look like we can hold out.

If we ever get invaded, everyone will need to fight, men, women, children of all ages. We are on an island, there is no where to evacuate to. Ask me a year ago, and I would have said there was little to no reason why anyone would want to put boots on our shores, we are too far, and our geography doesn't give a strategic foothold to attack our allies, except maybe NZ, but who sees NZ as a threat?! . But now with plans to obtain first strike capabilities, might be a different story.

Also just heard reported that 20,000 "foreign fighters" will be arriving on Ukraine's side. Mostly from NATO countries. Add the weapons supplied by NATO, I wonder if NATO has already got boots on the ground in this war covertly. Apparently Russia has recruited 16,000 foreign fighters on their side. Interestingly, heard a war analyst say that fighters who do not fight under the command of an army, are subject to different geneva convention rules. From what I understand, they have LESS rights than soldiers if they get captured. They will be treated as armed civilians / tourist fighters. Hmmmmm

Interesting the bit about being invaded ....you would think all these invading countries would learn from history.....its not going to work out well

I think both countries would hold out quite well , sure some big power could come in take over the main cities but the guerilla warfare and local knowledge of terrain etc with todays communication tech , your countries a bit more open so it would be harder to make raids but so many people with bush knowledge would be the advantage , like in NZ there's so many hunters and outdoor people here and the terrain suits guerilla warfare to a tee it would be another vietnam all over.....just got to look at how the Poms faired against the Maori all those years ago it was too hard....lets sign a treaty
As a country we're still paying the price for it

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
This user likes this post:
Old 17-03-2022, 12:42 PM   #362
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
If you can sneak in with a submarine and launch any missile on your enemy's bases, including their nuclear bases, then you have first strike capability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm
"I don't think any Australian government has ever considered our military for pre-emptive roles in any past wars, we have taken a defensive role only."

I know this is getting off topic again, but so is the above comment. 19 years ago our military was used in a pre-emptive strike on a country which is a long, long way from us and which posed absolutely no threat to us.

Recently I saw a reference to Condoleeza Rice in 2002/2003. Something like "we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud". I remember the speech. It could have been an address to the UN. She was selling the war on Iraq. We - the West, the 'free world' - had to take a pre-emptive strike against Iraq because it had WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Australia, under Howard, could not get there quick enough.
Listen carefully to Dutton's comments yesterday. Our next shot will not be fired from home.

Back to Ukraine vs Russia

I read a week ago that some 500,000 people have evacuated from Kiyv. I think their population is around 2.8m. That is still a shed loads of people in the city. Peace talks are looking a tad more positive, if not, the final assault might get extremely ugly.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 17-03-2022, 12:56 PM   #363
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

May have spoken too soon on peace talks. Just saw Sky News interview the Ukranian President Chief of Staff. Sky asked if they would settle for cease fire if it meant giving up the Donbass, which was declared independent by Putin at the beginning of the war. The chief of staff said, giving up any piece of territory is the only non negotiable.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 17-03-2022, 07:48 PM   #364
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Kyiv is looking like Putin's Stalingrad. The bullet in the back of the head probably isn't far away.

Discussions started this week in European think-tanks about the modern day equivalent of the Marshall Plan - what do we want the post-Ukraine/Putin Russia to look like?

We could punish them and send them back to an agrarian 19th century backwater... or give them a leg up like we did with Germany and Japan in 1945 and make them responsible citizens for the 21st century. Interesting times ahead...
3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #365
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Comparison Day 17 to 22.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...raine-liveblog
5 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2022, 10:03 AM   #366
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...raine-liveblog
4 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2022, 10:11 AM   #367
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

So I guess a question will be once this is done and I can only assume it wont get well for Russia, then what of the territory they have "control" of....and when Putin is gone will the next knob continue the rage?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 18-03-2022, 12:05 PM   #368
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another fascinating interview with Scott Ritter. A former US marine, grew up studying the soviets, and was trained to kill soviets. Giving insights you'll never hear from msm.

He also gives his views on the "de-nazification" that people have been asking about.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #369
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a shame Ukraine can't just launch a donated missile into Russia and give them a bloody nose.
Unfortunately that would only poke the bear and consequences be unthinkable.
Old 18-03-2022, 03:59 PM   #370
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the clip, was a great insight
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
Old 18-03-2022, 10:43 PM   #371
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Just a shame Ukraine can't just launch a donated missile into Russia and give them a bloody nose.
Unfortunately that would only poke the bear and consequences be unthinkable.
Funny you should say that. I just came in here to ask if the Ukraine had the capability to do so, lob a few missiles over the border. One right through the front door of the Kremlin.
Old 18-03-2022, 11:15 PM   #372
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whether they have the capability or not to hit Russia, they haven't done so.

We're now going into week 4 and Russia is striking targets in the west which is flirting with the line. One stray missile and this changes a lot. Well at least in theory.

The funny thing with all these talks is that when both parties come to the table with non-negotiable terms that directly conflict with each other, they are doomed to fail.

At the moment why would Ukraine fold, I sure as **** wouldn't.
Old 18-03-2022, 11:35 PM   #373
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I stepped away once I realised who started this thread...

If someone else wants to start a thread I will happily participate.

Old 19-03-2022, 10:00 AM   #374
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I often see Dr Keith Suter on the telly for a down to earth summary of this and other world events. I liked his opinion on Putin where he said he's gotta go but hopes it's an internal assassin and not an American.
Old 19-03-2022, 06:16 PM   #375
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Geeze, was catching up on some superyacht youtube (as you do) and it seems the Euro based Russian owned superyacht's are making a run for Vladivostok trying to evade detection, (switching off AIS) arrest or seizure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpqyL3MUHJA

I think Charliewool needs to head down to the Panama Canal and throw rocks at them transitting.

5 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2022, 11:26 PM   #376
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Geeze, was catching up on some superyacht youtube (as you do) and it seems the Euro based Russian owned superyacht's are making a run for Vladivostok trying to evade detection, (switching off AIS) arrest or seizure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpqyL3MUHJA

I think Charliewool needs to head down to the Panama Canal and throw rocks at them transitting.
Actually we’re heading to Panama tomorrow (shopping)… Will take rocks!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 22-03-2022, 09:21 PM   #377
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.counterpunch.org/2022/03...can-innocence/
Old 22-03-2022, 11:06 PM   #378
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Is this the 'end of the beginning'*for Russia in Ukraine?*

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-...mean/100926436
Old 23-03-2022, 06:15 AM   #379
burnz
VFII SS UTE

it'a all about the money, western NGO's

https://www.********.com/video/W2pC7um2s6Ww/
Old 23-03-2022, 07:14 AM   #380
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Who are you ??
Old 23-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #381
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
WOW in your head much good to see you will never change

As you were
Old 23-03-2022, 09:30 AM   #382
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Current map of military operations for the past day

The picture on the fronts today practically repeats yesterday. The boundaries of the fronts have not changed much. The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation that day conducts the tactics of effective high-precision strikes. So, now the explosions in Nikolaev sounded again, there was a military unit and a hotel in which "military tourists" lived.

From the Russian warship flew polite greetings along the coast of Odessa. At night, air-launched cruise missiles struck at the Center for the Training of Foreign Mercenaries and Ukrainian Nationalist Formations at the Novaya Lyubomyrka combined-arms training ground in the Rivne region. More than 80 mercenaries and nationalists were killed, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

Well, the noisiest "high-precision" arrival on March 21 fell on the non-working trading center in Kiev, where a battery of Ukrainian MLRS with an ammunition depot was hiding. It is also reported about the massive work of artillery and aviation on other fronts, in particular, artillery hell was arranged today for the fortifications of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Avdiivka, writes the Telegram channel Readovka.

Army nazis tries to snap at the rat, continuing to bomb the peaceful areas of Donetsk, where civilians were killed again. There is little information on the close interactions of the motorized infantry parts themselves.
Of interest, if you believe Ramzan Kadyrov, then finally managed to capture the area of the Azovstal plant - the citadel of Aziva. This means that Mariupol will soon be released completely, progress here is proceeding at a faster pace than before.

Well, at the briefing of the Ministry of Defense, we learned that the village of Sladkoe, Maryinsky district, Donetsk region) Has been liberated. Next, a technical message: as information about movements and the situation on the fronts is becoming less and less in a row causes. For example, due to changes in our tactics, increased secrecy of movements by the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, a ban on the publication of photos / videos of military operations from the Ukrainian sides, which by the way were the main source of information. We will now issue a map and an overview summary every two days. If the picture of the front line changes faster and more significantly than it is now, we will return to daily publication.

Thank you for looking at the site and sharing our map. May the day come faster when we stop publishing it altogether, due of course to the victory.

https://t.me/s/readovkanews
Old 23-03-2022, 10:15 AM   #383
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Day 27 to day 22 comparison

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-plan-liveblog
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2022, 06:46 PM   #384
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

Same old...same old...Biden rubbish about how Putin MIGHT use chemical weapons...yeah right...same as Sadam Hussein had nuclear bombs.

If you believe this crap you believe anything.

We will just overlook the fact that a lot of "civilians" killed just happen to be armed to the teeth with weapons..

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 23-03-2022, 09:37 PM   #385
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5 weeks ago they were vaccine experts.

Now they're nuclear physicist's with a PhD in European history.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2022, 10:30 PM   #386
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Same old...same old...Biden rubbish about how Putin MIGHT use chemical weapons...yeah right...same as Sadam Hussein had nuclear bombs.

If you believe this crap you believe anything.

We will just overlook the fact that a lot of "civilians" killed just happen to be armed to the teeth with weapons..
Was just thinking, how amazing it is that western intelligence have been able to narrate the events before it happens.....pretty much with 100% accuracy.

Yet nobody had a clue of a wildly infectious disease that was doing the rounds.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2022, 10:36 PM   #387
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

October is still a long time way......but wow if this happens.

‘Russia invited’: Vladimir Putin plans to attend G20 in Bali
https://www.theage.com.au/world/asia...23-p5a74z.html

Rides (past and present)

Old 24-03-2022, 09:13 PM   #388
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Was just thinking, how amazing it is that western intelligence have been able to narrate the events before it happens.....pretty much with 100% accuracy.

Yet nobody had a clue of a wildly infectious disease that was doing the rounds.

There's nothing better than a good diversion from the politics at home. (Hillary, Hunter, inflation, etc.)
2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2022, 03:22 PM   #389
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

So what are the Russians saying?

Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation: Russian units fully took control of the city of Izyum in the Kharkiv region

Arina Korf today at 10:36

The Agency held a morning briefing on the situation in Ukraine

The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation held a briefing on Ukraine, which highlighted the main events by the morning of 24 March in the special military operation. This was told by the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, Major General Igor Konashenkov.

The department reported on the disclosure of new facts proving the direct involvement of the US Department of Defense in the development of components biological weapons in Ukraine.

In the nearest Ministry of Defense will publish original documents demonstrating that the biological project "Yu-PI-2", conducted in Ukrainian laboratories, was developed and approved in the Pentagon. The purpose of this project, according to the agency, was to conduct a molecular analysis of especially dangerous infections endemic to Ukraine.

What else was reported in the Ministry of Defense:
– Russian aviation hit 60 military facilities of Ukraine, including two command posts, during the night;

- The Russian military shot down two more Ukrainian drones during the night;

– Since the beginning of the special operation, the Russian Armed Forces have destroyed 257 drones, 202 anti-aircraft missile systems, 1,572 tanks and other combat vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;

- The Russian military destroyed 13 more launchers of anti-aircraft missile systems in Ukraine with high-precision weapons.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #390
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
In the nearest Ministry of Defense will publish original documents demonstrating that the biological project "Yu-PI-2", conducted in Ukrainian laboratories, was developed and approved in the Pentagon. The purpose of this project, according to the agency, was to conduct a molecular analysis of especially dangerous infections endemic to Ukraine.
Interesting updates Cav, where are you getting these from?

This part makes me think about Baba Vanga's prediction. She forsaw the great pandemic coming from siberia once the snow has melted.

Its also a very specific claim hmmmmmm

Rides (past and present)

Closed Thread