Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #361
220XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
For starters, they won't call a FWD car Falcon.

Then it involves a total re-tooling of the Plant, and a new (and expensive) platform for a car Falcon sized. Taurus is bigger than Fairlane, and the lackluster sales performance of Aurion, 380/Magna and Camry are some of the barriers that a FWD Falcon face. Ford are cash strapped, and would be stupid to kill their Operation in Australia.
Ford is not setting any records with the FG sales, so to say that being FWD is causing Toyota / Mitsubishis problem must mean there are bigger issues with Ford.

The biggest issue i can see is the FG is too closely related to a 5 year old model.
220XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #362
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yep, much better this time around. I had to laugh with the Smartcar hearse.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #363
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
For starters, they won't call a FWD car Falcon.

Then it involves a total re-tooling of the Plant, and a new (and expensive) platform for a car Falcon sized. Taurus is bigger than Fairlane, and the lackluster sales performance of Aurion, 380/Magna and Camry are some of the barriers that a FWD Falcon face. Ford are cash strapped, and would be stupid to kill their Operation in Australia.
Some how I think that you actually have no idea about any of this. Who said anything about retooling, just close up and import everything would work.

It is all speculation, much as what you are saying is. Unless you can show me how you actually know it might be an idea to stop posting things as if they are fact.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #364
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

I dont mind the aussie version but they really should have tried to be different from the UK team. They do lack the charisma of Jeremy and the boys though. The Holden vs Ford camparo was pretty poor, should have spent more time and maybe handed over to the stig afterwards. Learn how to boost a turbo off the line and it would have been a very different story. Aussie muscle? crate motor from the US perhaps...

It was definitely an improvement but they lack detail. trying to cram too much in to each episode. Next week back to high priced irrelevant cars...although I am looking forward to resurrecting a wreck
Old 06-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #365
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Missed it completely, bloody Austar doesn't move thing around with DST so it was on at 6:30 not 7:30!!!!

worth downloading?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #366
botch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BRING ON THE YELLOW EA !!

getting better boys, but i dont know if they will use wakefield park as there test track (remembered something in ep 1 about a special use they got for the track for day the holden V ford thing )

Ive also noticed that they dont seem to quote prices on the show of ANY cars. !! uless its over the 100k mark or just under half a mill. Never once dropped the price of the navara, FG ute, or the jumbuck ! Didnt really make sense of how they calculated the utes performances based on payload V the stig driving the big CAT !
botch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #367
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Much prefered it to the 1st episode.

The GT segment was much better down, and i have a better idea of the track. They turned the dial down on the hypo young dude from 11 in the 1st episode. Holden vs Ford segment was pointless but kind of cool. The mine ute race was probably the best part, dumping rocks in the back of a ute cant be any good for the paint, the jumbuck was hilarious, that thing would be so slow.

Poor old Force 7 didnt deserve to be on the WTWT board. E38 was a great comment though, 3 speed box was bad.

Its improving at least.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #368
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

i had mates that go for holden ring me last night and go "i told you the clubby was faster" got me real angry.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #369
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
i had mates that go for holden ring me last night and go "i told you the clubby was faster" got me real angry.
What on earth possessed them to do that? They said the Falcon was quicker.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #370
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
They're making progress. I'll give them a(nother) hour next week.

The R8 and F6 tire warming was a bit weak, and the lack of a conclusion after that segment was a little underwhelming, but the threesome are finding their feet.

I wonder who's paying for all the damage these guys inflict ie loading the utes?
Ditto, but the first words out of my mouth when they said "they both won" was that they were too scared to alienate half of their audience so early in the shows life.... which I can't really blame them for.

I didn't see the first one (was travelling) but I thought last nights episode was pretty reasonable. With an audience the size of what we have here and the obvious constraints that would place on the budget, I was amazed at the treatment they dished out to the cars.

Not too sure if I'd be happy with my FordGT being flogged on that goat-track though!!

I'll tune in to every episode, it could take a whole season before they slip into a comfortable dynamic and I'm a bloody happy camper to see OUR cars on TV getting the hiding they deserve.

If this show gets some traction (no pun) I think it will be a great boost to our local car market - when they start comparing a G6ET to a BMW or a Suby or an Audi etc etc, I think lots of eyes will open. If the show is successful, it could really bolster our homegrown product.

I just hope that in future, they are confident enough to really compare Ford & Holden.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #371
BlackLS
yum

Lots of feedback on finalgear.com forums. Lots of international feedback.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #372
300C-CRD

Better than the first episode, hope it continues to get better. It's all very well for them to have all the fun warming up the tyres on F6 and HSV, should have let STIG have a go and put the result on the board. Don't think any conclusions or comments would change anything though, Ford supporters will always support Ford, visa versa.
300C-CRD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #373
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I attended the taping for the fourth episode of TG Aus and I thought the guys did alright. The jokes weren't ok, they seem to get on pretty well plus I got to see who does the writing of the scripts. It was heaps of fun being on set (and camera) and I think it seemed a lot more smoother than the first few eps so far. The guys are constantly walking in the crowd having a chat and making sure everyone is involved or entertained.

Without giving too much away, there's a pretty cool segment with some lawn bowling (which scared a Holden rep) and the W427 getting a bit offroad lol.

Given time and maybe a bit more creativity with their own opinions (the reviews seemed to be fully scripted) rather than the show's opinions I reckon they could pick things up for viewers. I'll still be tuning in for it.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #374
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Today it was announced that 1st show got 925,000 viewers. They were hoping to hit the 1,000,000 for the 2nd show but only got 674,000....this says something!