Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #361
Bobman
Regulator

Generally speaking, "larger" people are more friendly yes, but I believe they do try harder in life to achieve the same things as people who are lesser weight challenged.

Many skinny & attractive girls are rude, obnoxious and have attitude, which is exactly why guys have limited choices in the first place, who wants a girl like that?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 15-07-2006, 01:42 AM   #362
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
And no they don't need to be more friendly, they simply just are.
Yes i'm sure. Red cars also go faster..
Old 15-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #363
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I found that many (not all of course) fantastic looking women were shallow, and too interested in appearances, going for the best looking guys. It was the "plain Jane" types that made the better conversation and friends.

And I'm quick to add, that I've seen many a Plain Jane blossom into a beautiful woman over the years. I also found that those women are the ones not used to male attention, and therefore seemed genuinely more appreciative of it when it's given. There is also less relationship pretense, and a better chance of good friendship.

Of course I sound like I'm bagging out the more physically attractive women, not so, but in my life, I've been put down, judged, ignored by those types, far more often than the other.

Now as a teacher, I counsel students to look very carefully at the character of people, and decide from there whether a potential life partner is a possibility. In fact, I was talking with one Yr 11 student yesterday about this very thing. She was trying to listen in of course, as she was sitting next to him (very cute) in the Computer Lab!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 15-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #364
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I found that many (not all of course) fantastic looking women were shallow, and too interested in appearances, going for the best looking guys.
Yes I've known girls like this as well, but I've found that they are still very self conscious of themselves and you can easily bring them down a peg or two by playing on these fears. I dont know if it's the right thing to do but sometimes they deserve it when they treat others like crap.
Old 17-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #365
NC-302
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by promina
poison_ivy

i am a very shy guy. i have lots of morals about respect for women. because i will not be sleazey ever, i will never have a gf. because girls dont notice the quite guys. hence why im almost 22, never kissed a girl/had sex. *shrug* i dont plan to change, it looks like im going to be single for a while lol.

promina
Mate, I'm in exactly the same position as you. 22, never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl (I'm glad this forum is anonymous ). I'm not after a quick root either, I actually want to be in a proper relationship, and I have nothing but respect for women. My problem is that I’m naturally shy, and talking to even vaguely attractively girls is extremely difficult. I tend to get so nervous that I can barley say hello.

It's not just us either, my best mate is basically the same, and were both bloody hopeless when it comes to women. In the last few months we’ve been egging each other on and have finally started going to pubs/clubs on Saturday nites, but we’re both so shy that we tend to just talk to each other. The only times that I’ve managed to actually initiate a conversation with a woman, is when I’ve been so plastered that I could barely stand up, and I have no doubt that I just made a nob out of myself. I’m starting to think that pubs and clubs aren’t the best way to meet women anyway, but I can’t think of anything else.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago I bumped into a girl that I used to know and had a short conversation with her (she was working in a supermarket). I then somehow managed to go back at the end of her shift, and ask her out. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever done. Unfortunately she had a boyfriend, but the fact that I finally had the balls to ask has at least made me feel like I’m not a completely lost cause. Maybe there is hope for both of us, but as you said we could be single for a while yet.
Old 17-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #366
Gunns
Banned

I am one of the lucky guys on here. I have and long term GF. We have a friend who runs a modeling agency and we were at one of his fuctions when the NRL state of origin was on and I got talking to a lot of the model that were there and a lot of them and really quite nice and down to earth and don't fit that snob, "I am to good for you" profile. There were a couple like that, but on the whole a nice group of ladies. Most of them want to find nice guys, but they say they are hard to find. I was told that it is never the nice guy that comes to say hello or to buy them a drink, it is always the sleeze bag.
Don't worry about rejection, it is just that one step closer to the one that will say yes!
Old 17-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #367
NEG
Diabolus

Girls dont want a 'Nice guy'. They are boring.
As a general rule dont listen to girls for dating advise, they dont even know what they want.
Also dont listen to anyone who says "just be yourself". I know people and if they were just being themselves would sit infront of the tv and smoke weed all day, and thats not going to get you a girl.

Girls love confident guys.
My guess is the guys here saying they cant get chicks arent very self confident. build up some confidence by just talking to random girls, dress nice go to the gym do whatever to gain more confidence in yourself.
Make good eye contact when talking.

Always smile Makes you seem like a fun possitive person.

For anyone who has trouble thinking of things to say to girls, just remember they love to talk about themselves. Ask open ended questions like; why do you drive a ford? :P or anything that cant be answered with one word, and actually LISTEN what she says and use that for further conversation.
Old 17-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #368
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Trust me the nice guy gets shafted ROYALLY! I'm a nice guy (so i've been told) and i reat this girl nice and end up getting pushed away whenever she wants with the words "I'm doing this because i love you". And i can't do squat because it's the way i am.
She tells me that in a month everything should be ok and that we shoudl get back together then, so we staye good friends. She told me NOT to wait for her and to go out get drunk and pick up. I'm not like that. I get the feeling that she is trying to rid of me to find someone else. But i don;t want to believe it. I have no idea what to think!

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 17-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #369
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
Trust me the nice guy gets shafted ROYALLY! I'm a nice guy (so i've been told) and i reat this girl nice and end up getting pushed away whenever she wants with the words "I'm doing this because i love you". And i can't do squat because it's the way i am.
She tells me that in a month everything should be ok and that we shoudl get back together then, so we staye good friends. She told me NOT to wait for her and to go out get drunk and pick up. I'm not like that. I get the feeling that she is trying to rid of me to find someone else. But i don;t want to believe it. I have no idea what to think!
I've had that. She will keep you on a tether whilst she goes looking or trying something else.

20V Turbo

Old 17-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #370
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
I've had that. She will keep you on a tether whilst she goes looking or trying something else.
Thats what it sure does feel like..............................Ever since i went out on Saturday night i tend to get one word answers
Me: "How are you?"
Her: "good"
awkward silence
Me: "So how was work?"
Her: "Good"
awkward silence

See the pattern. Before that, even tho we weren't together we still talked heaps, it was like being together without the physical side, i'm going outta my head!

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 17-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #371
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted By 347_XR8
I get the feeling that she is trying to rid of me to find someone else. But i don;t want to believe it. I have no idea what to think!
Quote:
Originally Posted By XRated
She will keep you on a tether whilst she goes looking or trying something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted By 347_XR8
Thats what it sure does feel like
I hate to say this, but either you wouldn't take the it's over to well so maybe she tried to find a way to end things more quietly, or she is simply pathetic.
I would be thinking that she is stringing you along, but maybe she is confused herself and needs some time out..

Leave her some space for a few weeks and then give her a call and ask her straight out (or ask straight out now)..

I wish I could tell all you younger ones that it this dating rot gets any easier as you get older.. but it doesn't......

It just gets harder and more frustrating (that is not just one person's opinion either - a lot of my friends both male and female all agree to that).
But what is the choice?? Give up and just be alone or stick it out and hope to find someone that also wants to share their life with you.... :nutsycuck
Old 17-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #372
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

It's just weird one minute it seems something is up, the next it seems like everything is fine. One day she will be all distant and the next she will call and message me and talk my ear off.
So i'm just sticking it out......................................Relations hips sure are a funny thing

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 17-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #373
fordfuntastic
Banned

Wheres Poison Ivy? With a name like that I may:

1. Break out in a rash

2. Get poisoned.

3. Spiked drink with a "screamer"

4. Get spanked

5. Or have a great time?

Now the odds are I pik up a chic put on some Hugo Boss, start up my 351 and hit the town with Poison Ivy next to me and the same named song on the cd player. Gee Im old fashioned so Ill open the door buy all the drinks, have a romantic dinner.............. and be a real gentleman.

Whos a mans best friend at the end off the day???

My Dog the Jack Russel! LOL. He drinks beer dont swear and walks with me without bitchin and thinks Im smellin like Hugo and puddles my leg as a sign of appreciation.

The cost? Just fun!

lol
Old 17-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #374
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's just weird one minute it seems something is up, the next it seems like everything is fine. One day she will be all distant and the next she will call and message me and talk my ear off.
So i'm just sticking it out......................................Relations hips sure are a funny thing
That's why I suggested giving her some space.. She may be going through some weird unsure head stuff herself and trying to sort it all out.. It could be nothing at all and she just needs a bit of time out..

Hope it all works out for you though, and yes relationships are a funny thing and not easy.

Good luck and keep your chin up
Old 17-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #375
Bobman
Regulator

Lol nearly all girls apparently have "something going on" in their lives, who doesn't? It's not an excuse to waste someones time, be straight don't beat around the bush. Something some girls should take on board.

Current Cars:
Previous Cars:
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
Old 17-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #376
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
That's why I suggested giving her some space.. She may be going through some weird unsure head stuff herself and trying to sort it all out.. It could be nothing at all and she just needs a bit of time out..

Hope it all works out for you though, and yes relationships are a funny thing and not easy.

Good luck and keep your chin up
Cheers Fiery, thanks for the advice! Lately i'm one determinded puppy. Thansk heaps!

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 17-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #377
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Lol nearly all girls apparently have "something going on" in their lives, who doesn't? It's not an excuse to waste someones time, be straight don't beat around the bush. Something some girls should take on board.
Yes I hate that as you waste your time and you can get annoying. Thats why I have the two call rule, if I get rejected twice I get rid of the number. Has bitten me in the but a couple of times but I dont play those games anymore, it's quite annoying.

But I think it needs to go both ways (yes guys stuff girls around as well), just be up front and honest, might not seem the best method up front but much better as there is less resentment.
Old 17-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #378
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
But I think it needs to go both ways (yes guys stuff girls around as well), just be up front and honest, might not seem the best method up front but much better as there is less resentment.
totally agree 100%.... pity things aren't that simple eh...

Quote:
Cheers Fiery, thanks for the advice! Lately i'm one determinded puppy. Thansk heaps!
Anytime.. glad to help
Old 17-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #379
gtfpv
GT

she maybe a lezzo. and unsure of herself .
Old 17-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #380
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
totally agree 100%.... pity things aren't that simple eh...
I wish they were!
Old 18-07-2006, 12:21 AM   #381
XRated
Shoot.

I'm really curious to know if anyone has actually given their partner "some time" or "some space" and actually lasted afterwards. It's a bit of a cop-out excuse if you ask me. What's wrong with being frank if you've made up your mind?

I'd like to think there's hope for you 347 and I could be proven wrong

From experience I won't put up with beating around the bush - with the ups and downs - along with the false hope because she is insecure of where her feelings are headed or how something will work out. I learnt the hard way, but at least I know for future reference.

Sometimes you have to face the facts... People change, so do feelings. Life isn't always ideal - far from it.

20V Turbo

Old 18-07-2006, 12:27 AM   #382
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm really curious to know if anyone has actually given their partner "some time" or "some space" and actually lasted afterwards.
Having a 'space' or 'time out' can actually make you stronger (or can break you)... My late partner (several years ago now), took some time out from each other.. We were fighting heaps and it was just impossible.. We took a month out (hardly any contact in the first 3 weeks), got back together and lasted another 3 years...

We were actually a lot happier after the break as we were able to sort through a lot of stuff and we both realised where the problems were so worked really hard on mending those problems...
Old 18-07-2006, 12:34 AM   #383
Bobman
Regulator

Just another thing though, from talking to a few girls in my age group over the years, 16-24, some of them treat relationships as "contracts", ie they'll have you until a better one comes along or they speak of their partner as "current boyfriend" etc.

We all need to really take a page out of some of the relationship veterans' book, those who have stayed together for 50,60 etc years and most of them say communication & constructive arguments keep the relationship alive and constant.

Current Cars:
Previous Cars:
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
Old 18-07-2006, 12:54 AM   #384
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
She tells me that in a month everything should be ok and that we shoudl get back together then, so we stay good friends. She told me NOT to wait for her and to go out get drunk and pick up. I'm not like that. I get the feeling that she is trying to rid of me to find someone else. But i don't want to believe it. I have no idea what to think!
Cut the contact back and if she is genuinely interested, chances are she'll come after you by initiating some contact once she thinks she may lose you. Right now she's got you where she wants you.

I was interested in this girl a few years back, she wasn't sure if she was ready for a relationship after a bad experience about 6 months (!) before I met her. She was interested to a degree, we were e-mailing and stuff most days, we eventually teed up a date. She then reveals this guy who hurt her (emotionally) had contacted her and she didn't know what she was going to do. I figured I'm not going to waste my time if she's considering going back to this guy and called the date off. It took her about 3 days of no e-mails or chatting online for her to tell me she told him she didn't want to see him any more and she invited me out for the day. She was cute and sweet, a bit fragile perhaps, not the type to play games with people, but over a couple of dates it became clear we had some differences that meant it wasn't going to happen. It ended there pretty much.

She was put in a position where she realised she was about to lose something she wanted after I had been offering myself to her for some time. She didn't want me to walk away at that point and took action.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 18-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #385
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
I'm really curious to know if anyone has actually given their partner "some time" or "some space" and actually lasted afterwards. It's a bit of a cop-out excuse if you ask me. What's wrong with being frank if you've made up your mind?

I'd like to think there's hope for you 347 and I could be proven wrong

From experience I won't put up with beating around the bush - with the ups and downs - along with the false hope because she is insecure of where her feelings are headed or how something will work out. I learnt the hard way, but at least I know for future reference.

Sometimes you have to face the facts... People change, so do feelings. Life isn't always ideal - far from it.
I tend to put up with alot, it's my nature. I always see the brighter side of things in the long run.
I've decided i'm not gonna contact her and wait for her to contact me and see what happens. Just gotta suck it up.

Pauljh74, i'm similar. The chick that i was/am (however you want to put it) the reason she is the way she is, is because of her past relationship. Things tended to go beautifully for a month, then her past relationship came back.

Just gotta ride it out. Sometimes people to to loose sight, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I know i do

Mr Super Skid-Man
Closed Thread