Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #3721
GT69O3
Henry Fourdoor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, all i decided to join this site because im always looking up info on google about fords and i always end up at this site asking me to join/register to view the content, so by the 50th time this happened i could not take it anymore and joined.
Worked for Fords at the Geelong engine plant from mid 2003 to mid 2011 on the engine assembly line and the camshaft machine line.
Current wheels:
1999, Silhouette, AU XR6 (hp) Automatic, factory full body kit with bi plane spoiler and red pin stripe.
2003, Blood orange, BA GT Manual, factory black stripes (pre bonnet decals), premium sound, leather and suede seats with orange gt logo and fpv steering wheel.

Have a few questions and would appreciate if anyone can answer them.

Can anyone tell me if the momo, short round metal gear shifter was a factory option? a dealer option? or just a after market add on. have seen quite a few ba/bf gt and gt-p with them.....

The FPV leather compendiums differ. I have seen some with just "FPV" on the front, these close with a tab & button and seem the most modern, another with "FPV Total performance" from a BA F6 Typhoon and another with "FPV Performance inc." from an FG GT. Which one would of come with a very early build 2003 GT ?....
GT69O3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #3722
EX__Taxi
LPG Power , Cheap to run

i m new here too
and will get some engine mods happening on my taxi :P

the car gone

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11421216
EX__Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #3723
Blue Heeler
Starter Motor

G'day all. This is my first entry on any forum, though I have visited this one from time to time looking for bits and pieces of information and the opinions of members.

I have a 1999 AU Futura Wagon which I have had since new and an XF EFI Fairmont Sedan which my dad bought new. He ordered it without air conditioning which probably makes it a bit different to other Fairmont's sold in Queensland. Its done 142000 km and is totally stock and rust free.

In the shed I have an XB Van that came with a 302 and 3 speed column shift and GS Pack. (An odd combination I thought) I purchased it in 1985 at Longreach and the floor has suffered severe gravel rash. Stripped it down to a bare rolling shed in 1992 and it has sat that way in the shed since then. I feel the time has come to begin a rebuild. I have a good 351, Top Loader and 9 inch out of an XA Ute that I had when I was out west and they are lined up for a rebuild and a new home in the van. But there will have to be a lot of panel work before I get too concerned about bolting it together. Going to have to keep it tame to keep the Transport Dept nannies happy. Getting too old to play stupid games.

I feel that as this forum is specifically related to Ford it will be helpful in assisting me to reach a successful outcome with the van and help maintain the XF and AU. Hopefully I may also be able to give something back to other members.

Regards

John
Blue Heeler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2014, 04:49 AM   #3724
Acepaint26
Starter Motor

Hey Guys and Gals,.
I have been reading through quite a few cool build threads over the last week or so, Picking up plenty of great Ideas and tips for a new project I have. Ive previously owned an XY fairmont and an XP coupe but never had the chance to do as much with them as id liked. Most of my money and time has gone into a full build on my commodore over the last 8 or 9 years but now that is all finished I wanted a new project of the steel bumper variety. So after lots of searching and bad timing I have aquired a 64 XM sedan delivery. Its going to be a slow build as time and funds permit, and I,d like to extend my shed and do as much as possible at home, between myself and some good mates. Will start a thread in the project cars for you all to come on the ride.
Cheers, Damo
Acepaint26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #3725
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69O3 View Post
Have a few questions and would appreciate if anyone can answer them.

Can anyone tell me if the momo, short round metal gear shifter was a factory option? a dealer option? or just a after market add on. have seen quite a few ba/bf gt and gt-p with them.....

The FPV leather compendiums differ. I have seen some with just "FPV" on the front, these close with a tab & button and seem the most modern, another with "FPV Total performance" from a BA F6 Typhoon and another with "FPV Performance inc." from an FG GT. Which one would of come with a very early build 2003 GT ?....
Someone in one of these sub forums might have an answer.............

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=88
Old 19-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #3726
fabricator
It's never enough

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi mate. They are a factory option.
I drive a ba xr8 2 when I bought it new
It came with the short momo shifter.
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #3727
GT69O3
Henry Fourdoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
Hi mate. They are a factory option.
I drive a ba xr8 2 when I bought it new
It came with the short momo shifter.

Hi cheers, so did you choose the option? or did you purchase the XR8 from the car yard as is?
GT69O3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #3728
fabricator
It's never enough

Yeah I chose that.
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #3729
peteb57
Starter Motor

Howdy, I try to fix most cars, usually for m8s, I'm semi retired, was mechanic in the 70's. It's a past time now in my backyard, nothing special. Been around cars before I spat the dummy, remember my dads flat head ford prefect, and before that he had some old looking "al capone" era car, I remember he had to crank it using the crank tool to get it started, ,long long time ago, said he thinks it was a Ford.
Anyway, I'm here doing a m8s fuel pump on EF, wugger of a thing to get to that worm-drive over-grown hose clamp around the screw thing that uses a "special tool".
Car got towed to my place late at night, ( SA, suburbia ), back into a sloping downhill driveway.
It looks straight forward to remove and replace the pump, once I can unscrew a little bit that worm-drive clamp.
It's, ( worm-drive clamp) in a awkward position,not enough room to get a spanner, screwdriver or socket to loosen it just enough.
Signs show it's been replaced before, some of the plastic bits have been broken off, obviously they used a hammer n "chisel" to unscrew it all.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

So that's my intro and, gig for today.

Cheers and thanks for being here.
peteb57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #3730
lansie
Starter Motor

Hello All,
i think it's time i start posting,
lansie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #3731
kipper
Starter Motor

Hi all yeh I'm new here and pretty new to Fords actually although there have been many in the family over years. I've recently bought a 77 XC 302 GXL that has been sitting for about 8 years or so. When I did a search on the net I ended up on this forum. So thank you all, there seems to be plenty going on here and seems to be the right era of cars here to talk about and the right place to get some advice on my GXL. So thank you all in advance for any help along the way. Well I have started the car and runs OK but seems to have no power at slow revs in 1st gear to move off the mark. maybe the carby is gummed up for siting so long. I have set up a temporary petrol tank till I work out whats likely to be in the petrol tank. So if I can get some advice on where to start with this carboy would be a great help. The standard Thermoquad. Any ideas…Thanks for any help here.
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #3732
lansie
Starter Motor

Welcome Kipper..
lansie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #3733
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Hi all yeh I'm new here and pretty new to Fords actually although there have been many in the family over years. I've recently bought a 77 XC 302 GXL that has been sitting for about 8 years or so. When I did a search on the net I ended up on this forum. So thank you all, there seems to be plenty going on here and seems to be the right era of cars here to talk about and the right place to get some advice on my GXL. So thank you all in advance for any help along the way. Well I have started the car and runs OK but seems to have no power at slow revs in 1st gear to move off the mark. maybe the carby is gummed up for siting so long. I have set up a temporary petrol tank till I work out whats likely to be in the petrol tank. So if I can get some advice on where to start with this carboy would be a great help. The standard Thermoquad. Any ideas…Thanks for any help here.
Hi Kipper,

Welcome to the Forums.

You might want to start a thread in the Classic Falcon section located here:http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Cheers
Col
Old 01-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #3734
Redhills51
Starter Motor

Hi, just new to the forum, I am a electrician from Auckland New Zealand, have been a Ford fan for many years and have owned as few different models including
Sierra XR4 v6
Fairmont sw XC 302
Falcon XR8 ute (as a work vehicle,miss that a lot)
Currently have
EB2 Fairmont SW great condition
AU2 Fairmont SW V8 wifes car not sure how she gets the V8
Got a issue with the V8 will get some advise via the forums
Cheers
Redhills51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #3735
AzzzzzA

Aaron from Melbourne. Long time lurker, first time poster. Got me an XT ute I just started to rebuild. Gonna have a million questions. Cya round.

AzzzzzA
AzzzzzA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #3736
eddie351gt
Starter Motor

G'day all, im Eddie, recently purchased my beloved 2004 BA XR8

eddie351gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #3737
eddie351gt
Starter Motor

This has full matching numbers, full service history, apart from the upgraded brakes it hasn't got a single modification done to it, its exactly how it left the factory, and I intend to keep it that way
eddie351gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #3738
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome eddie, if you want to know how to take care of your XR8, this is the place.
Upgraded brakes, hmm, makes room for the upgraded engine
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI

Last edited by Madaya; 02-02-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #3739
Donna
Starter Motor

Hi to all.

My name is Donna. Just purchased a Fiesta diesel. Hoping for many years of happy motoring from this vehicle.

Last edited by Donna; 03-02-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typo
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #3740
tgidog13
Starter Motor

I'm Tony from NZ, been into fords fordeva, have an AU Falcon, 1st time posting, Greetings Ford Fans. This Site is MEAN...
tgidog13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #3741
Max245t
Starter Motor

Gday all, long time lurker. I have Come back to fords after a long break driving the opposition from the red corner. The red spell was broken after taking a BF xr6t around a track and toweling up the VE SS's that were there, had me sold.

Really loving the knowledge and maturity that I have so far seen on these forums. I hope i can contribute in a positive way.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #3742
tgidog13
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgidog13 View Post
I'm Tony from NZ, been into fords fordeva, have an AU Falcon, 1st time posting, Greetings Ford Fans. This Site is MEAN...
Have a 1999 AU Falcon Futura 4.0L, bought Oct last year for $1,500. Battery kept going flat, power steering fluid leaking onto alternator. Charged battery for 24 hrs. Replaced Power Steering Hose & buggered alternator, checked battery leads and found starter cable loose at the starter with the nut almost falling off. Tightened nut now AU goes SWEET AZ...mean score. Everthing seems stock and has other small issues, (reasons for joining), thanks for having such an informative site.
Some of the Fords I have had the pleasure of owning are;
1963 MKIII Zephyr 6 & MKIII Zodiac
1971 XY Falcon Ute 250 6 Cyl 3 spd Manual
1972 XA Fairmont 302W 3 stage auto 9" diff
1984 XE Falcon GL 4.1L EFI 3 spd auto
tgidog13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #3743
pykee35
Starter Motor

HI, I am pykee35 and have been a Ford owner for more years than I wish to remember. First car was a Ford Popular circa 1949 - a very reliable and economic car. My latest is a Ford Territory circa 2012 and there have been a few Fords in between. My problem is having a transmission oil cooler fitted to aid towing our caravan. I have a SX rear wheel drive Territory and Fords tell me that there is not a cooler yet available for that model. What is going on?? anyone help? They did say that there is a cooler fitted already.
pykee35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #3744
njrqs
Neil

Hi all. XA nut here. Had 4 back in the younger days. 20 years later I have my 5th. A ute project. Something to keep the mind occupied.

Hoping to learn a lot from here.

Cheers

Neil
njrqs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #3745
ern
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Well after having 21 falcons over about 44 years I have dumped the Japanese car and returned to a 6 months old rear drive ,5 seat sz tx territory.
I find it a great car to drive and have just fitted an emergency release cable to the tailgate.
Probably an overkill but it only cost a few dollars and having done it myself the labour was free. Will now upgrade the headlight globes to Philips extreme 100+ unless anyone suggests something better.
Cheers Ern
ern is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #3746
ProjectXY

Hi,Guy's

I'm new to the forum, just started my XY ute and plan on giving her a new lease on life.

I will be picking your brains for advise, I hope you don't mind. I have an idea of what I want the car to look like when it's complete but I'm also open to other peoples ideas as well

macca
ProjectXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2014, 04:46 AM   #3747
Ashkaz09
Starter Motor

G'day all!
I'm Ashley, and I'm from Umina in NSW. I have recently acquired a '94 ED GLi Classic after having a string of Japanese/Korean cars, including 2 Mitsubishi Mirages, a 2009 Cruze, 95 impreza, a Tarago, and a Verada. My first car was a KB Laser. My love of Fords goes way back to my childhood, idolising my grandfather's P5 LTD towncar, which he had from new until he wrote it off in 1992 and got a ZH Marquis as it's replacement. I also learned to drive in my parents ED, my parents also having a number of Falcons including an XT, 2 XC's, an ED and currently an AU, so my love of Fords runs Blue in my veins.

With my ED, I am going to be restoring her to her former glory and will be needing advice and help along the way. So in advance, thank you :notworthY
Ashkaz09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #3748
ajar
Starter Motor

Hi all,
My name's Aidon and I own an FG gt-p and a mondeo I've been having a few problems lately so in hoping you guys can help me out
ajar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #3749
Mattj0001
Starter Motor

G'day all

I've just joined up after buying an fg xr8. I ve only had it a few days, but it's already taken me back 10 years in age, so far I'm loving it, and hope to be able to contribute something value able soon.

Cheers

Matt
Mattj0001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #3750
shoooy
Starter Motor

G'day,
I have owned my XB GT since almost new. Car has been family hack and work horse for much of its life. Now with a freshen up is retired to weekend cruises. Other drives are 02 WRX and BA XR6 turbo ute. Thanks to all contributors for the wealth of knowledge here.
cheers, Vic
shoooy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post