Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Is Schapelle Corby guilty of drug trafficking?
She's guilty. 51 17.06%
I don't believe she's guilty. 185 61.87%
Still undecided. 57 19.06%
Other. 6 2.01%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #331
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Yer I walked past her beauty salon, had a closed sign on the door saying... "Back in 20"..
:
LOL, i got that as a text message teh other day.....
Old 04-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #332
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak351
not heroin, amphetamenes(sp?) 20 years for him as well.
by the way whats a Vietnamese Australian? your an Aussie or your not, simple as that!
Born in Vietnam and became naturalised.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:18 AM   #333
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So if she did do it, how is 20 years even close to fair??? why does anyone get any sort of decent jail sentance for dope these days??? There's PLENTY of other, far worse options around now.....dope is practically tobacco for gods sake. Are they concerned about potato chip sales sky-rocketing or something??
Old 05-06-2005, 12:21 AM   #334
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Bali bomber didn't even get that. He was allegedy called a hero?!?!

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 05-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #335
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Its highly likely Shapelle is guilty of the offence.Maybe she likes weed??

But 20 years for weed when Abu Bakir Bashir got off scott free.??? Bring Abu Bakar Bashir here to our prisons...slot him in a cell with a guy like 50 cent and see how sore he comes out!!

I think Australian government are a bunch of dumbos . They donated 5 billion in relief to them and it appears that they make an example of us.

Nice one Johnny!!! Is this what we pay taxes for ? Bombs in Iraq and potential death penalty for women carrying weed.

Why dont you build Sydney a new dam so we can water the garden ??

We are starting to become a third world country without water and still paying for not having it. Maybe we all need a fat rain tank here in our backyards and get rid of Sydney water.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 05-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #336
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

The media has blown this whole thing out of proportion. No one knows if she is truely guilty or innocent, and until someone builds a time machine, no one will. I know this sounds crude and heartless, but...why does anyone care? People get murdered or raped every day...and sure they might make news...but maybe a little 5 line brief mention in the local news...however this one girl who has been caught with marijuana has been put away for 20 years...(which she probobly won't fully serve) Sure, even if she is guilty that's a bit harsh, but it's better then facing a firing squad, don't you think? If every time that something like this or worse happened to someone and it got this much media coverage, then not only will newspapers be too big for a normal person to carry, (let alone read), then the world would cease to function, and people would go into hiding. Ignorance is a virtue in some circumstances.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #337
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
We are starting to become a third world country without water and still paying for not having it. Maybe we all need a fat rain tank here in our backyards and get rid of Sydney water.

maybe we should stop immigration of people who don't give a shit about REAL Aussies so there is enough water.
don't fool yourself multi-culturism dosn't work :
Old 05-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #338
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

:
Quote:
maybe we should stop immigration of people who don't give a shit about REAL Aussies so there is enough water.

The aboriginees have been saying that for over 200years. But the British kept sending over immigrants that didn't give a shit about Aussies. :hihi: out:
Old 05-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #339
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

how the F#$% did we get onto this subject??
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 05-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #340
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Agreed.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #341
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:

I agree. We should have screened the last huge influxes.In the beginning the first influxes saw some friendly immigrants who have assimilated well and added many good aspects to Australian culture.

Unfortunately in all cultures everywhere ,where there are good people there are bad.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 05-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #342
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selekta
The media has blown this whole thing out of proportion. No one knows if she is truely guilty or innocent, and until someone builds a time machine, no one will. I know this sounds crude and heartless, but...why does anyone care? People get murdered or raped every day...and sure they might make news...but maybe a little 5 line brief mention in the local news...however this one girl who has been caught with marijuana has been put away for 20 years...(which she probobly won't fully serve) Sure, even if she is guilty that's a bit harsh, but it's better then facing a firing squad, don't you think? If every time that something like this or worse happened to someone and it got this much media coverage, then not only will newspapers be too big for a normal person to carry, (let alone read), then the world would cease to function, and people would go into hiding. Ignorance is a virtue in some circumstances.

Well said Selekta

svo347, I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
how the F#$% did we get onto this subject??
I get annoyed when people start talking about shutting the doors to immigration, Australia was made great by immigration. Yes there are some people that come to Australia and do not assimilate with our way of life, but there are also a lot of Aussies that don't deserve to be here. Blaming everyone who is not an Aussie for Schapelle Corby's predicament is ridiculus.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #343
Dodge
i like to be stroked

jacko and shapelle both get 20 yrs one smuggled grass the other likes lill ***.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:46 PM   #344
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
Well said Selekta

svo347, I agree.
I get annoyed when people start talking about shutting the doors to immigration, Australia was made great by immigration. Yes there are some people that come to Australia and do not assimilate with our way of life, but there are also a lot of Aussies that don't deserve to be here. Blaming everyone who is not an Aussie for Schapelle Corby's predicament is ridiculus.
you're quite within your rights to have your opinion, even if it is misguided. Australia has not got the geography to keep supporting foreigners.
maybe the next load of boat people can be sponsored by your good self so as not to create a drain on the funds now already in place by tax payers.

Schapelle's plight is well documented as a way of Indonesia saying "we will do what ever we want". South east asian countries do not like Australia, full stop. greed and corruption are the only languages spoken.
I for one will never take my family to Indonesia again.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #345
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Ok if you really think that stopping multi culturalism is the way to go, you had better pull your head out of your ***, as thats the only mis guiding i can see here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 05-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #346
The Mighty Red

Yes , guilty or not i feel for schapalle,
i've been to bali too , but never again,
I thought that when the feds gave the indonesians the herion gang that schapelle would be found not guilty as a form of trade off but unfortunately its not to be,

I personally think all Australians should boycott bali in protest at the length of her sentence,
Old 05-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #347
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Hey All,
I don't have any feel for innocence or guilt here, as I like most here, don't know all the facts. I certainly feel for this girl for the fact that she has been handed a twenty year sentence, plus 1 million bottle caps or whatever fine, when Abdul Bashir gets a two year holiday. This is one Effed up country. If they had shot her, I would have called it an act of war!
Even the seagulls fly upside down over there. Bali isn't worth shitten on!

On a lighter note, some joker on the radio said "We should start a fund! I will put in $100. We would probably raise $1000000 in a week. Lets get together some crack SAS and go over there and bring this Girl home. They can pick up or $5 Billion at the same time". I was LMAO as he sounded like he was straight from that Fulllleeey Seeeeeeek Maaattte Pizza show, so his accent made what he had to say even funnier. Not the worst idea I heard all week!
Cheers,
Mike
Old 27-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #348
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Why the hell would you bother trying to take 4.2kg of dope to a place that has so much of it there in the first place and other drugs, and knowing that they have the death penality for thoes type's of drug crimes !!!!!, The bagage handeler's theory works for me.....how was the bagage handeler who put on a costume that they found in some ones luggage and got court, then sacked for it!, I trust these guys as much as I trust Australia post !
I cant belive the bagage handler theory. Why would a crim mess about taking 4kgs of hooch and risk getting caught in a security area at the airport when you take 500kg in the back of a van?

Corbys family are dope smoking drug pushing Chavs and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Steve
Old 27-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #349
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

http://www.freeschapelle.net/

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...chapelle+Corby
Closed Thread