Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #331
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I LOVE the new look of these, looks very "American".
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #332
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Wow...

That's amazing. HSV watched Transformers and got the concept wrong.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #333
anto
Za Dom spremni

hey they forgot one..

absolutely horrid !!!:togo:
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #334
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I think this picture provides a more realistic profile of the GTS

The front end is far too busy.

The wheels are awful and look like something you'd find on a matchbox car.

I HATE the Audi fairy lights; they look hideous and like the cheap after market knock offs you can find at supercrap auto's in the $5.00 specials bin.
As someone has already said, GO UGLY

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #335
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
I HATE the Audi fairy lights; they look hideous and like the cheap after market knock offs you can find at supercrap auto's in the $5.00 specials bin.
As someone has already said, GO UGLY
I think more to the point what are those lights for? and how can they be legal?
They arnt parkers, indicators or high beams as they are already in the standard VE light, and they have driving lights on the bumper too, so what purpose can they possibly serve? Unless they are stickers like the horrid HSV ute.

As for the rest of the thing, the body kit's lines dont even flow with the car at all, it remindes me of of all those skylines with cheap fibreglass bodykit that look like they just hang off the car, certainly doesnt look part of it.

It remindes me of the VY/VZ's where they tried to make a bubbly round car look sharp and modern, by sticking some sharp lined bumper bars on.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #336
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOMOCO 1
Please erase that last post CDAA..............Get it away.
Looks like Darth Vader had sex with a storm trooper.
Well that must make it HSV's attempt at 'using the Force'
Old 09-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #337
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
The front is better than expected, that rear end though.. ahahah

Agreed, The back is Fugly, but the front doesn't look too bad....still re mind's me of an EVO.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #338
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

HSV Design School Graduate Assesment ......you pass

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #339
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Oh my God !!! The back of the ute looks urghhhhhhhhhh, as does the white funny looking car...............At least at FPV they only put some poxy stickers on that thankfully can be peeled off....
Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #340
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Hi Colville.

Don’t suppose you have seen the pictures of E1 and E2 together on the ls1 site. E2 while busy in some eyes does make E1 look dated and old.
It does make a visual statement and continues the separation from the donor product.
Their (HSV) desire to create a product that has distinctive looks and separates it from the donor car has to be admired. Unfortunately in this price range there is little movement to carry out that execution. Day time running lights as a feature is desirable but funding pressure means their execution or placement leaves a bit to be desired. Are HSV worse off for trying? I doubt it. Once people see these cars in the metal I think there will be a swing of opinion.

For whatever reason most new models really seem to be colour sensitive. That GTS picture for me just hits home that the car is just slightly overdone. The black out front treatment on the GTS could have stopped at the bumper line or the introduced frontal crease line and still achieved a strong visual statement.
Some goes for the rear. E1 was already a pretty standout car in terms of separation. Unique tail lights, Ferrari diffuser and quad pipes. The E2 takes one step too far with updating the central theme but introducing the distraction of the rear bumper cut outs.
The strength of the package however lies underneath the skin in its engineering and feature set. We should be thanking HSV for this car because its pricing certainly won’t be giving FPV any free kicks.
That’s a win for us.

A bigger question now will be how FPV react to the problem child in the line up. Will they stick to the same power across the line up of V8 cars or will they too try to take the GT-P to a level where it can fight on an equal footing to the GTS. Can’t wait to see the reaction.
I hope FPV take the HSV engineering improvements on board and focus on matching or bettering that for the same great value. I don't doubt HSV have done well on the engineering side, something which will contiue to become obvious as people drive the car. Stuff like the ESP settings etc. will no doubt make there way onto FPVs if only because of common suppliers. Ideally FPV will release FG 2 with new engines, a rejigged line up and minor styling alterations (wheels wheels wheels LOL). I don't know if you would get many HSV buyers coming over to FPV because of the styling direction chosen (i hihgly doubt it) but given the very bad reception E2 is getting at LS1 you never know. A SC coyote GT-H may have a pretty good chance.

At the end of the day, interior wise the Ford product is still ahead its now just up to FPV to deliver the latest engineering improvements and of course a brand new engine. Also, while i respect Russ and others who have provided some good points on the issue of differentiation and notability, fact is this is very poor styling. I don't know how it will affect sales, and i don't know if it means FPV and others will go down this sort of outlandish route as well (i hope not) but bad is bad. In fact right now i can't think of a single car released in recent memory that was so dissapointing from a design perspective. Just because its 'out there' doesn't mean its good.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #341
HSE2

Just finished reading a thread on LS1.

It would appear that HSV invited the LS1 forum to attend a special exclusive preview of the E2 range two days before the official unveiling.

What is good about something like that is that the manufacturer is essentially rating that forum in near equal proportions to mainstream media outlets. That a pretty good achievement.

However the execution didn't go to plan and in the end the forum didn’t really have the exclusive content ready when members thought it should have been.

It’s an interesting read but I wouldn't recommend it, but it does highlight the power forums hold these days.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #342
burnz
VFII SS UTE

32 members 6 guests.
keep bagging dont stop now.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #343
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

Anyone noticed just how high the rear end is on any of the holdens, even the ute rear end is a mile high. i'm pretty tall and couldn't even see the top of the drivers head!! when sitting in my ute,
i reckon the front looks alright

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019
LANKY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #344
Bossxr8
Peter Car

They actually look comical.

First thing I did when I saw the photos on Carpoint was laugh. HSV have never got it so wrong.

And those 3 spoke wheels on the GTS
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #345
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
I hope FPV take the HSV engineering improvements on board and focus on matching or bettering that for the same great value. I don't doubt HSV have done well on the engineering side, something which will contiue to become obvious as people drive the car. Stuff like the ESP settings etc. will no doubt make there way onto FPVs if only because of common suppliers. Ideally FPV will release FG 2 with new engines, a rejigged line up and minor styling alterations (wheels wheels wheels LOL). I don't know if you would get many HSV buyers coming over to FPV because of the styling direction chosen (i hihgly doubt it) but given the very bad reception E2 is getting at LS1 you never know. A SC coyote GT-H may have a pretty good chance.

At the end of the day, interior wise the Ford product is still ahead its now just up to FPV to deliver the latest engineering improvements and of course a brand new engine. Also, while i respect Russ and others who have provided some good points on the issue of differentiation and notability, fact is this is very poor styling. I don't know how it will affect sales, and i don't know if it means FPV and others will go down this sort of outlandish route as well (i hope not) but bad is bad. In fact right now i can't think of a single car released in recent memory that was so dissapointing from a design perspective. Just because its 'out there' doesn't mean its good.
There isn't that much in E2 that sets the bar higher then what FPV had to work on yesterday. In recent history we have been getting the latest ABS updates as they become available so the advances HSV have made in that area will be available to FPV and who knows there might even be a further update for FPV by virtue of being a later product. As you point out HSV and FPV use the same supplier in this regard.

The advancement in the MRC has been allowed for by virtue of the W427 program, as has the optional brake package so they were developments FPV would have anticipated.

Bi model exhausts have been available on export HSVs for a while so that too shouldn’t be a shock. The biggest challenge might be to actually get one touch up on all windows but that is sarcastic.

While HSV have undoubtedly moved the game on in terms of technology I serious doubt there are any surprises from FPV perspective and I think that is the biggest plus for us form this launch.

I believe Rod has hinted that the next FPV could be even more restrained which will take the two companies further away from each other.

I agree with HSVs intent behind wanting to create distinction but its execution is lacking. Until I see these cars in the flesh I am non comitial on their appearance. If the intention was to have a car that stood out from E1 then they have achieved that and then some.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #346
Windsor220
Now Fordless

The E1 looks very plain against these. But there is still too much gong on with the front. It may grow on us but it just doesnt look tough. Wheels are shocking.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #347
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Some bold styling in these updated vehicles.

I do not enjoy laying my eyes on any of them I'm afraid. Wish I could say otherwise, but they all look very contrived to me, and those wheels on the GTS, remind me of some 'teddy bear' wheels fitted to a Barina that lived down the road from me. And that is not complimentary.

Maybe I'm missing the point big time with new Ford and Holden offering. Maybe I'm just not with it. Because it pains me to admit I still don't feel the love for Fords latest, and believ me I wish I did. I almost feel like a traitor, but that's the way I feel.

Anyways, there is not a snow flakes chance in hell i would change over to those latest HSV tacky and over done comic cars, the previous 317's however, well, in black, with a GTS badge, that's another story.

A bet there's a load of disheartened HSV followers out there. Or not? Maybe they'd update to a steaming poo with a HSV badge and 20's...?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #348
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

ff members weren't all that favorable on the front of the w427. Would you now say it looks alot better than the new clubbly frontends?
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=49259

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #349
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
32 members 6 guests.
keep bagging dont stop now.

Are we saying something different to any other forum in Australia?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #350
Mr X
mustang pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Some bold styling in these updated vehicles.

I do not enjoy laying my eyes on any of them I'm afraid. Wish I could say otherwise, but they all look very contrived to me, and those wheels on the GTS, remind me of some 'teddy bear' wheels fitted to a Barina that lived down the road from me. And that is not complimentary.

Maybe I'm missing the point big time with new Ford and Holden offering. Maybe I'm just not with it. Because it pains me to admit I still don't feel the love for Fords latest, and believ me I wish I did. I almost feel like a traitor, but that's the way I feel.

E2 fills me with the same horror I felt when I first saw an FG GT.The shock of the new?......nope-not 12 months down the track.I think though-that styling wise the FG GS and XR's are winners as were the VE 1 HSV's.
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #351
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
ff members weren't all that favorable on the front of the w427. Would you now say it looks alot better than the new clubbly frontends?
I wouldn't say it looks a lot better, I'd say it looks less bad. Actually that's a bit harsh, 'cause Ive never minded the Wd.

But having given the W427 the once over a few months ago, they are put together, and come together pretty well.

Not so the styling of those E2's, yuk, just yuk.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #352
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

The E2 does make the E1 look quite dated, however there is no getting around that the E2 individual design elements, just don't plain work together they way the have made it. IMO, whilst it may be impactful, it is not even close to being a cohesive design and just looks plain tacky.

However what HSV should be very much commended for is that they offer a lot of options, to allow their customers to build "their own" HSV. This I hope, is something that FPV take on board and offer to it's customers.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #353
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Are we saying something different to any other forum in Australia?
probably not.
but i'v never seen photos do any cars justice, past and present.
i will pass judgement when i can put my hand on it.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #354
Transfiguring R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Nah, the 427 still looks terrible, only in a more 'clunky' kind of way.

In regards to E2, all I can say is... Take it back, HSV, now. Please. My eyes! They huuurrrrrrtttt.

I still think that the BF FPV's are the best overall looking late model cars that Ford (FPV) or Holden (HSV) have produced, by miles.
Transfiguring R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #355
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Thats why the car has those running lights, because it like most deep sea creatures it needs the glow to attract pray.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #356
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfiguring R
Nah, the 427 still looks terrible, only in a more 'clunky' kind of way.

the 427 looks like Meagn Fox compared to the E2 GTS

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #357
Transfiguring R

Hehe. Let's not compare the 427 to anything else then, it'll stop looking like Megan Fox.
Transfiguring R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #358
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After a few more looks at it, it is starting to grow on me but only in black or red. I also agree that it makes the E1 look dated including the W427.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #359
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
i will pass judgement when i can put my hand on it.
I think may well have done this already.... many times.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #360
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I think may well have done this already.... many times.
He shoots, he scores
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post