Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #3391
revenio
Banned

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

die bona omnes

I've been about the forum for a good while but here I am now all official.

I've actually been away, come back, been away, you get my drift.

A bit like Monti@#3383 I guess.

I'm a bit of a fan of AUs (hell they need all the fans they can muster up eh) and particularly T-Series - I hope to get one soon.
revenio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #3392
Pickle7
Starter Motor

Hi Fellow for enthusiast.

I've always owned and worked on fords but nothing I would call special always 3-15 year old standard run of the mill falcon/fairmonts..

I'm now in a position to buy something old from the past. I've always loved my luxury fords and it must have a V8. Im looking around the mid 70's and the LTD's or coupes have always caught my eye.

Any suggestions.
Pickle7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #3393
71 ZD 302
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, I have owned Fords for many years, but never really tinkered with them, I have a 04 BA XR6T that I have stuck an FPV dual entry airbox with a K&N filter as about the only mod.
I have just got myself a 71 ZD Fairlane 302 as a bit of a toy. I'm in the process of making it safe and reliable. Then I will start on the bodywork.
I imagine I will be checking the threads here for lots of advise along the way.
Cheers.
71 ZD 302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #3394
joshy

Hi everyone I'm josh and I live in the wide bay area in qld, I have owned fords all my life. My first car I got when I was 14 was a xp falcon wagon, my second car is my xd but the blue shell is the second shell to it. I have a laser to run to work in and a EF futura for a car to run down to brissy in. And now for the big New news, I'm getting a one owner xe falcon x-taxi from maryborough. I will make a thread on my cars soon! Cheers everyone I love this forum.
Old 15-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #3395
PoodinAU
Starter Motor

G'day everyone! Paul from Canberra. As many others on this forum, I've owned Fords all my (adult) life. Currently, I have a bog stock 6 cyl BA XT Falcon with factory 16-inch rims. It will be getting some mods soon (just need to save some $$$). I also have a 5L ZL Fairlane hobby car that some may have seen pics of on another forum. It needs some attention too but that's a bit further down the track.

I've already seen some excellent cars and mod ideas on here. I look forward to reading more about other people's builds for some inspiration.

Cheers,
Paul

The Falcon

The Fairlane
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BA6.jpeg (128.6 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg Point Hut 4.jpg (60.3 KB, 281 views)
PoodinAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #3396
BossBrand
Starter Motor

Gday, new member here.. Hi all!!
Long time V8 owner.. Had many holdens and fords.. Now just sold a VE SSV sportwagon and have purchased a FG XR8.. Must say I luv the FG!!
Really impressed with the grunt, the sound, the interior and the looks.. Overall I'd say its a nicer car to drive than the VE.. Just wish there was a wagon version for my kids stuff and my surfboards!!! I'll get some pics up soon
Cheers
BossBrand is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #3397
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome aboard everyone

Cheers
Col
Old 18-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #3398
xhristofer
Starter Motor

Hi all.

Been a member on the forum for a while but I think my user lapsed. Anyhow, I've owned a BA Mk2 XR8 for about six years and its only got 65K on the clock. Its been on and off the road during this time. After playing with Mazda rotaries for a while, I figure its time to play with something more reliable. I've just purchased an Eaton M122 blower for a bit of incentive.

I'm an old Cleveland man and haven't had much to do with the 5.4 DOHC engine...in fact nothing really. I'm hoping for a conservative 500RWHP. Shouldn't be too hard from what I've read recently. I know I have to upgrade the oil pump with a billet item so that's on the list. But other than this, I not too sure.

I've decided on a few items that I hope will work in this engine. Starting with some stage 3 Comp Cams blower cams. These with be teamed with the appropriate beehive springs, titanium retainers, 7 degree locks, and stainless valves (perhaps 1mm oversize on int & exh). I might even grab a steel crank, H beam rods and forged pistons to keep it reliable.

Looks like I've got a bit of research ahead of me. Wish me luck.

Chris.
xhristofer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #3399
tinman

Hey all, New to the forum. Been a ford tragic my whole life, was more into building hot rods and customs for a bit but i just bought another fairlane, a registered one that runs.

Ive also got a ZA fairlane (burgundy, black roof , charcoal trim)
Mk1 cortina sr20 five speed, 17 inch simmonds, big brakes, teal blue
ZB fairlane (the registered one) 302 white /olive trim
31 a model pick up
1936 ford sedan, inherited from the old boy
BA wagon (every day hack)

had a valiant regal for a bit and a host of jap turbo rockets, an EA fairmont, xh xr6 ute and a swag of XF's

Anyway, G'day

Can someone point me in the right direction to insturctions on posting pis id be grateful.

Cheers guys
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #3400
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hi tinman and welcome.

You will find demo's on how to load pics on this thread - Click HERE

or this thread HERE

Cheers
Col
Old 19-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #3401
Bob McAullay
Starter Motor

G'day Ford family. I own a 08 FG XR8 Boss290 Ute wife has a 10 FG G6, both same colour (seduce). Since driving back in 1970 I've had mainly Fords first one was a 67 XR GT 289 ci sedan, wish I still had it, then later on a XY Fairmont 302 sedan, same wish. XA falcon, yuk, XF Fairmont Ghia sedan, loved it, EB Fairmont Ghia wagon, BA XR6, AUII Faimont Ghia V8 etc. had a coulpla Holden in there somewhere that don't rate a mention. I'm 59 now and still love the Fords and luxury.
Bob McAullay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #3402
tinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
Hi tinman and welcome.

You will find demo's on how to load pics on this thread - Click HERE

or this thread HERE

Cheers
Col
Thanks Col
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #3403
Togril
Starter Motor

Hii all.
Feel a bit odd here as I joined because my partner has a mighty 97 ford festiva. I laugh untill I have to buy a bolt for my Hj60 Landcruiser. or put fuel into it. Or a 10+ litre oil change....
Joined primarily cos the evaporator needs repalcing and I need some helpful info on it. Some nice vehicles here.
But anyway.
Hello.
Togril is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #3404
kramer77
Starter Motor

Hay people just new here I've just scored a 77xc sundowner panel van pine n lime 302 auto bad new is no motor are these vans collectable inside the van is neat as cream in colour
kramer77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #3405
79da

Yeah. Lucky you.
79da is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #3406
kramer77
Starter Motor

I am surprised how little rust is in the van floor and doors have none small amour round the drip rails it has no windows in the side and the shocker towers are mint
Old 29-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #3407
jefevrit1
Starter Motor

G'day all fellow Members.
I joined some time ago, but mislaid my password, so have now re-joined.
My Ford vehicle is a 2003 Falcon BA XT sedan, with not quite 400,000 km on the clock. Having successfully done virtually all of the maintenance for the last several years, I believe I am now quite experienced at fixing this model.
Problems I have had since I bought it in 2005 include front brake shudder, failure of Powertrain Control Module, front hub replacement, front lower ball-joint replacement, coolant pump replacement, replaced 2 door locks, fitted urethane bushes to front pivot of lower control arms of front suspension, renewed fuel injectors. If anyone would like to have details of my experiences in doing these jobs, please let me know.

Cheers, Jeff.
jefevrit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #3408
Rocky's Xb
Starter Motor

Hello all,
New to this forum but not to fords, had quite a few around 30 over the years and have just purchase a Xb Fairmont which I'll be picking up next week and starting a build thread. Looking forward to the build and getting it on the road to enjoy with my family on Sunday cruises.

Cheers,
Tim.
Rocky's Xb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #3409
Guess_who
Starter Motor

Default Hi to everyone

I have an EA Fairmont Ghia which, by and large, is in pretty good condition given it has about 275,000 Km on the clock.

I have a few questions that will be the subjects of other posts but for the moment my major concern is the climate control unit.

It does work but randomly the fan will slow and stop hence no cooling. I haven't taken any notice if the compressor disengages at the same time.

Given that "we" topped the state recently with 47.7C a working AC is a must.

The really interesting thing is if I run the diagnostic routine when the AC is not working I get the "OFF" display and after exiting the routine the so and so thing works again.

Any pointers what is causing this?

If the climate control module needs to be replaced I understand that the EB module will work. Is this correct?
Guess_who is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #3410
xapete

Hi everyone ,What an AWESOME site
Cheers Pete
xapete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #3411
fordmerchant
XAMAD

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day all,
Great website !
I have 1972 XA fever. My brothers and i have been collecting and repairing for too many years to mention. Currently in stock are three wagons, one ute, seven sedans and one coupe.
The coupe and ute are mine and i unfortunately must part with them to help pay for my farm, spread the word two beasts are up for grabs, cheers and go the mighty FORD.
fordmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #3412
JulesMelbourne

Great forum, heaps of great info... Well Done!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #3413
tcptang
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, this is a brilliant forum. I found this web site as I am looking for the info about my 2007 RWD Territory.
tcptang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #3414
Lukeb

Hi all you ford fans, jumped on here because the XY GS in my shed needs to get a little work done, and I may need some advice on what to do! Looking forward to reading posts and adding my own as well.

Cheers,

Lukee
Lukeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #3415
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey guys, just got myself and 08 FG ute with trade canopy on the back for work. This place looks to have mobs of info, I will try to soak it up best I can!

Cheers
Nick
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #3416
6x2ute
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Everyone! Been a member for some time but forgot username ,pass etc. and have found it difficult to get back on. Now im away! At 62 iv'e been around cars all my life but Technoligy has left me Behind when it comes to simple thing's like getting my car to start when it does not want too! before if it had spark and petrol and compression it had to start! Nowday's i cant work out why it wont start without paying as much as $600 for a not start on a V8 VT Commodore that i just recently sold! Retired now and just brought a 6x2 wheel AU2 Falcon ute to build into a mobile home. Hoping to pick up a few tricks from this site and also be able to share my Knowledge were i can as did my time when i was younger as a mechanic and panelbeater! Take Care!
6x2ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #3417
SAPNEN
Starter Motor

Hey Guys, my name is Kane. I've been a Ford enthusiast all my life sprouted from a love a ATCC as a kid and now V8 Supercars.

I have owned a few Falcons, my first an XE Falcon 84 S pack bought from my grandpa in mint condition, only problem was it was 2 tone baby spew brown on white

My favourite was a Lowndes XR6 Turbo Ute in conquor (dark blue) which made 400HP 800nM at the wheels on 15PSI.

Inevitebly this car made way for a race car, I own and race an AU Falcon Saloon Car, check it!

So I am an electrician by trade but do almost all the work to my cars, excluding engine internals mainly. I am here for the technical forum focusing on the AU Falcon, for a bit of help every now and then.

Cheers
Old 08-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #3418
kramer77
Starter Motor

Hi people I'm I tassie I'm guna sell my xc sundowner panel van project if any body on here interested send me a message cheers its pine an lime 302 auto no motor or box
Old 08-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #3419
jasonfrancis
Starter Motor

Default jason!

hi buddies always wanted to be part of a ford forum especially v8 ford cars but I have not got the time as I work away .I own a ford this is my intro and wish you guys all the best for the remainder of 2013
jasonfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #3420
Andy217
Spooling...

Hi everyone, I am a Motorsport fan of all makes and models, but i mainly favor the australian variety. With the recent purchase of my fg xr50 turbo ute, which is also my first turbo car, I thought it was time to get on a ford forum
I am very familiar with holden and gm v8s and I am looking forward to learning more about fords as I go through the forum browsing and admiring all of the awesome cars!
I also have 3 projects going with my granddads vc commodore, my best mates old 31 skyline and I am building a vintage motocross cr250 at the same time as playing with my turbo so I'm usually pretty busy.
My previous cars have been the vc commodore, then a vs ss ute, vx gts and a vy gts which I traded in for my ute.

That about sums it up, cheers, Andrew
Made 382rwhp on byes dyno

WTB: FG MK2 XR FRONT BUMPER, Prefer silhouette.
Andy217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post