Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #271
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only thing worse than the firebugs are the looters, absolute scum.

on a brigher note, edmanual, your avatar is bloody awesome! lol
Old 10-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #272
Hillbilly F Truck

I heard on the ABC radio last night both volunteer worker and victims request no more donations of material things as they have no more room to store it, instead they are asking for cash donations so that it can be distributed where necessary.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #273
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Just heard on the radio that looters are becoming an issue in Wandong.

Although in the same report they said a group of people were seen loading up a trailer that had been backed up to a house and were caught by the locals. Locals dealt with them.
F0**ing parasites. WTF is wrong with people.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #274
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
I look at the commercial tv channels and think, they are they only people/companies making money out of this.

I hate that. They should put every cent of profit from advertising to this.
Vultures, the commercial media. Circling the victims. Standing there in some fire service overalls, faces heavy with make up and the token smear of soot on their cheek. Capitalising on peoples grief. Heard a victim ABC interviewed saying he felt harrassed by the commercial reporters. Makes me sick too.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #275
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Just heard on the radio that looters are becoming an issue in Wandong.

Although in the same report they said a group of people were seen loading up a trailer that had been backed up to a house and were caught by the locals. Locals dealt with them.

Natural disasters like this certainly show the true weather of ones soul.

Absolute filth.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #276
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I haven't got time to read all the pages of the thread so apology if this is a repost, and wasn't sure if I should "new thread" it - but looks as if Coles are coming to the party by donating all of Friday 13th's profits to the appeal.

Click here for info
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #277
jcxr
Tribal Elder

For years Australia has give Billions of dollars to foreign aid. Wonder how much we will get back???
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #278
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
For years Australia has give Billions of dollars to foreign aid. Wonder how much we will get back???

I believe England are ready to help (not like they're in a situation), NZ are sending firefighters over and Indonesia are helping (not 100% sure how but I think it will be with man power).
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #279
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No where near as much as we have given that's for sure.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #280
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I haven't got time to read all the pages of the thread so apology if this is a repost, and wasn't sure if I should "new thread" it - but looks as if Coles are coming to the party by donating all of Friday 13th's profits to the appeal.

Click here for info
yeh it has i posted it yesterday

but it is also a good thing to keep it known

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #281
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...10/2487237.htm

True Aussie spirit.

Quote:
Qld flood victims donate to Vic bushfire appeal
By Bruce Atkinson

Posted 1 hour 19 minutes ago

The flood-affected residents of Ingham in north Queensland are putting their own problems aside the help the victims of the Victorian bushfires.

The clean-up and recovery in Ingham began this morning after one of the worst floods in the region's history.

About 200 residents lined up at the community recovery centre this morning to receive financial assistance from the Queensland Government to replace items lost in the floods.

Many of them have lost everything but say their plight is insignificant compared to the loss of life and damage caused by the Victorian bushfires.

Communities Department spokesman Peter McCarthy says many of them are giving their grants to help bushfire victims.

"A lot of people are coming through and while they've suffered loss themselves and are understandably upset at their loss and the damage that their property might have suffered, a lot of them have made comments to our staff that 'we're not as bad off as the poor people in Victoria', 'thank God we're not in Victoria'," he said.

"Some of them have even said that they plan to give some of the money to the Victorian bushfire appeal."

Mr McCarthy says one concerned man in Ingham want his recovery money directly donated to the appeal.

"And he said 'I'm going to give this money straight to the Victorian fire appeal so you may as well write this cheque out to them, not to me'," Mr McCarthy said.

Clean-up

More Ingham residents are expected to return to their homes today as the massive clean-up operation gets into full swing.

Some residents started cleaning their homes late yesterday as floodwaters receded and many more will be able to begin today.

Emergency Management Queensland says the recovery will be a slow process.

Ingham has been cut off for the last eight days but the floodwaters in the town are now dropping quickly.

Aerial food drops to isolated homes and communities in the region are continuing.

Authorities are hopeful the Bruce Highway might reopen between Cairns and Townsville this afternoon.

The road linking flooded north Queensland communities will be a vital link in resupplying the towns between Cairns and Townsville.

The highway opened into Ingham late yesterday bringing much needed supplies.

Traffic on the highway will initially be restricted to emergency supply vehicles

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #282
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just heard Barack Obama has offered 35 firies who will be on their way here soon.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #283
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
that is about the best news out of all this i have heard

what can we do beyond the money / items ect

not just for the fire victims but the flood victims as well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #284
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those of us that are able to spare some more cash, or go without something else, there is also a lot of wildlife and domestic animals that are in need.

Rspca Vic website here, has a link to donate now.

http://www.rspcavic.org/campaigns_ne..._bushfires.htm

While the priority is obviously the Red Cross and other donations, and in the middle of a GEC there are a lot of people that are hard up as it is, those animal lovers amongst us that can spare a bit more, or have relatively secure jobs to pay back credit card charges... I am sure it will help.

As has been said before, tax deductions over $2 are tax deductible. Maybe now is the time to spend a bit more so those in need can access that help now, rather than rush buying business equipment in June that we might be able to do without.

A lot of support for the Victorian's is evident on this forum, lets keep it up.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #285
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Very sad indeed, My cousin's ( king lake) lost all horses, pony's, chickens, cows, 3 sheds But lucky enough there house is still standing, everything around it has gone but the house is there.

Never have i seen them that scared.

My hart goe's out to all, that have lost.

Mick.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #286
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I just heard on the local radio that Launceston has just raised $79k and climbing. Also seen some trailers going past churches picking up clothes etc.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #287
BadMac
I still have both eyes

I guess NZers are helping out the west island, it has effected many NZ people with family/friends in the area.

Donations are being taken on NZ Redcross website (which is under heavy load!)
Red Cross: Donations can be made by visiting redcross.org.nz, calling 0900 33 200 to make an automatic $20 donation, sending a cheque to Australian Bushfire Appeal, Red Cross House, PO Box 12140, Thorndon, Wellington, 6144, or by visiting any Red Cross service centre.

Salvation Army: Donate online at salvationarmy.org.nz or post to The Salvation Army, PO Box 27001, Marion Square, Wellington, 6164.

Also just heard NZ Police officers are on their way over as well to help with Forensics and ID.

All NZ hospitals with burns units have also offered capacity and help if required.

Quote:
Profits made by the New Zealand TAB from betting on today's one day cricket international between the Black Caps and Australia will go to the Victoria bushfire appeal.

New Zealand has begun raising money for victims of the fires, which have so far killed over 170 people, along with committing 100 firefighters to help battle the blaze.

The Government yesterday committed $500,000 to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund through the New Zealand Red Cross.

NZ Racing Board chief executive Graeme Hansen said the TAB wanted to do its bit by contributing to fire victims.

"The Black Caps have said they will be contributing to the bushfire appeal at today's match in Adelaide and we wanted to support them in that endeavour," he said.
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #288
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

I am involved with Volunteering Gold Coast ( Rosies ) and a few other community projects we are also in need of assistance to provide support and services to these vistims, If you are local and can help please read through and do what you can.

Subject: Bush Fire Victims Appeal

Dear Friends

A local Gold Coast business woman Sam Patrick, whom I know very well, has organised for donations of goods to be delivered to the survivors of the bush fires in Victoria. You may hear her appeal to the community on ABC radio over the next few days. Her aim is to get much needed items to the survivors as quickly as possible, and to that end she has already made the following arrangements:

Goods required: non-perishable food, baby goods like nappies and wipes, toiletries, clothes, blankets and linen

Collection point: Surfers Paradise Australian Football Club house at Cnr Ashmore Rd and Carrara St, Benowa

When: Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th between 8am and 6pm

Help: we need volunteers to man the drop off point over the next 2 days and pack it for transport

Transport: Fastway Couriers (Gold Coast) have offered to transport the goods to Victoria overnight (thank you Fastway)

Storage: Fastway will store the goods in their Bendigo depot

Distribution: Drop off points have been organised with several of the municipal councils in the affected areas; those councils have organised local volunteer services to distribute the goods direct to the survivors

Please distribute this among your members as soon as possible.

Again, we need volunteers to man the collection point as well as donations of goods.

Please let Sam Patrick 0405 669 135 or myself know of any help you can offer.

Warm regards

Judi Reid
General Manager
ProfiTune Business Systems

Clear Goals, Better Management, Bigger Profits, Happy People!

P: 07 5510 3555
F: 07 5510 3544
M: 0417 427 626
W: www.profitune.com
_CRUZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #289
AndrewE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
that is about the best news out of all this i have heard

what can we do beyond the money / items ect

not just for the fire victims but the flood victims as well

Too true, thats what i call heart.. will have to donate to the flood victims
as for those looters & arsons.. i feel like driving down there and beating the hell out of them...
AndrewE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #290
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

Quote:

But as Australians we give without expecting to receive. It's what makes us so different to any other country.

Hearing about the donations and the lengths people are going to, to actually give something back is extraordinary. It makes me proud to be an Aussie.

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #291
SBR_1
soon to be a McDonald :D

Unhappy

I cant help but feel for Rudd at the min, i couldnt stand the guy a 1st but now.... i feel for him his country is fallting apart can you really blame him for sheading tears on national tv.....Not only does he has such a big problem here in VIC but also QLD NSW and watching WA for fires also.

Just watchin all the memebers of parlement talk at question time 2day and yesterday, just to see grown men and women cry who power this country is heart breaking to see.Just so many stories good and tragic :( :(

I'ts hard to put into words how much EVERYONE thanks the members of the CFA, and the Red Cross and ALL who else have been helping we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #292
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt you'll see much more than total "bi partisan" politics for some weeks to come.. at the end of the day we're all humans with emotions and feelings, regardless of our political views.
My rudd handout is going to the relief fund.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #293
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I just hope the donated funds are used and used wisely unlike the Tsunami.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #294
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I just hope the donated funds are used and used wisely unlike the Tsunami.
agree there. But there's nothing stopping organizations from doing things questionable.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #295
AndrewE

I work in kavanagh street southbank right opposite the coroners
yesterday they put up a fair few marquis in record time, and thought nothing of it untill 10 mins ago i went for a cigi out the back and they just dropped off two truck loads of 6 foot x 1.5 foot boxes (guess what they are) police everywhere
i dont think i have ever been so sad or effected by something in all my life
AndrewE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #296
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewE
yesterday they put up a fair few marquis in record time, and thought nothing of it untill 10 mins ago i went for a cigi out the back and they just dropped off two truck loads of 6 foot x 1.5 foot boxes (guess what they are) police everywhere
Thats just terrible. I can only imagine the heavy heart you may have had seeing that.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #297
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewE
Andrew if you feel the need to have a cry or the need to talk to someone do not and i say do not hesitate calling someone and let it all out (ill do a search and put up a few places and phone numbers for those that may need them )

this is one i have found so far '

http://www.enoughisenough.org.au/cou...FQUupAodqEjWrA

that goes to all that are or have seen things that may affect them in ways that you may not understand

please do not bottle it all up

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jason[98.EL]; 10-02-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #298
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4L
woke up this morning to see my friends on the front cover of the herald sun. My girlfriend burst into tears. You hope when you wake up in the morning everything is alright, but something is always there to remind you..

RIP penny and mel
Condolences to you mate.
I read the article on the girls this morning that bought a tear to my eye as it described how they put their love of animals before themselves.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #299
LUXO_8
windsor user

its taken a few days for this to sink in i think.....i really just feel for everyone.....totally lost for words for what everyone affected must be feeling......

will be donating 500 on payday..... i'll struggle for a fortnight, these poor people are going to struggle for a very long time....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #300
escapin

every thing about this, i mean the news reading stuff on different forums is just so sad it brings a tear every time.

i just hope and pray that the families left behind can some how bring themselves to pick them selves up in the near future.

RIP all whom have perished
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post