Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #271
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Re: Ford Show. Live on Facebook Tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
I've seen a lot more than that teaser, it exists, it is happening.
Read THIS - did you read it - put it in your head - now start looking forward to the 2014 FALCON

Cry and Sook Later in 2016 - why cry and sook for 3 years

That is a lot of crying or sooking

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #272
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
2 different sized grilles? Maybe the bottom one is for the gt
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #273
westy73

Quote:
Problem is for Aussies, Falcon means everything especially for us older or mid aged people. So yes they rave on about tech this, digital that blah blah blah yet for the people with the coin, who want a large car they have forgotten us.
I wanted to see a large sedan and got zip. Terrible days ahead and I tend to agree with I6DOHC, Falcon is a dirty word, the sooner they get rid of it the better. I also think this spells the end of GT as well. Dark days for us older folks who grew up with the Falcon in its heyday.
US centric isn't global and I aint buying all this spin. Either show us details of the new Falcon or it's replacement. Totally frustrated by the presentation to be honest.
westy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #274
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Liking the look of the new falcon, from what I've heard the bonnet bulge is still yet to be signed off on they want the GT to have a real intimidating look and if you see it in the mirror you will instantly know what it is. Lets hope if rings true!

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #275
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Great looking front end, nice wheel design and the current power train is more than good enough, if they get the Interior and rear end right it should give it every chance of selling well.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #276
SS_01
Erebus Motorsport Fan

A few Kleenex's being used in here!! Apart from the presentation taking a little long, once they actually started showing and talking about the cars it was good to see whats happening. While Im not an overall fan of the Ecosport, it will have its place with the ladies, and EVERST is an amazing looking vehicle! ST we already knew about, and some interesting technologies finally making it into the product being sold in Australia.

Falcon, although short, looked awesome, and I can wait to see the rest of it soon. I wish they had shown a little more, before we know it though, it will be in showrooms.

As for some of you expecting to see mustang and the vehicle replacing Falcon, that is still 2 and 2.5 years away, you will never see that far in advance.

Anyway, overall, was a good presentation, reiterating that Ford are here to stay, just not manufacture.
Old 13-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #277
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy73 View Post
Problem is for Aussies, Falcon means everything especially for us older or mid aged people. So yes they rave on about tech this, digital that blah blah blah yet for the people with the coin, who want a large car they have forgotten us.
I wanted to see a large sedan and got zip. Terrible days ahead and I tend to agree with I6DOHC, Falcon is a dirty word, the sooner they get rid of it the better. I also think this spells the end of GT as well. Dark days for us older folks who grew up with the Falcon in its heyday.
US centric isn't global and I aint buying all this spin. Either show us details of the new Falcon or it's replacement. Totally frustrated by the presentation to be honest.
Large cars are dying with or without Falcon, there wont be a replacement.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #278
grey_esp
Greys tuf too :-)

Just wondering how similar this "falcon teaser" is compared to the next mustang. Front overhang on that image looks way smaller than current FG2 and very flat, looks like a bulge on the bonnet too.
grey_esp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #279
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Decent show but didnt form a connection with me as a consumer or enthusiast.
From this perspective, it was abysmal. They way they were harping on last week, it sounded as though it would be more than just a typical US PR exercise and that meaningful information would be released.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #280
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
Looks like the visuals of the Falcon they showed were only computer generated images
I think I read somewhere last week that not even a prototype exists. At most maybe a clay model at the moment, so it's not surprising it's a CGI jobby.
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #281
westy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
Large cars are dying with or without Falcon, there wont be a replacement.
Rubbish. Large cars are not dying at all. Ranger is longer and larger than Falcon by miles and it's rip roaring in sales. Put the budget in place, market your product properly and export it. Sales will come. When you show no interest yourself as a company what are the public gonna do.
4 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #282
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The thing I found interesting was they mention 11 nameplates by 2017.
Fiesta, focus, Kuga, Everest, mustang, ranger, transit, mondeo, possible explorer (rebadged as territory) and ecosport.

So we have 10 nameplates past 2016, what would be the other model? Large Car to replace falcon or maybe small sports coupe?

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
XRFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #283
joeyy17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That actually looks very very nice. If it had a BMW badge on it i wouldnt be surprised i would think its a series 7 BMW model.

Falcon looks like it's stepping up to the max
Old 13-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #284
rods falcon
Long time lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFutura View Post
Fiesta, focus, Kuga, Everest, mustang, ranger, transit, mondeo, possible explorer (rebadged as territory) and ecosport.

So we have 10 nameplates past 2016, what would be the other model? Large Car to replace falcon or maybe small sports coupe?
If one ford is truely a global concept then the one nameplate missing is F series
Old 13-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #285
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFutura View Post

How about next generation Ford Edge instead of Explorer, and the next gen Ford Ka.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #286
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

So far loved the Falcon images. They still have me interested, if I was running it, I can find better ways to spend $4 Mil though.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #287
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On a positive note.....Did anyone notice the daytime running lights as a surround to the twin headlights on the sneak shot of 2014 Falcon. As good as anything I've seen from Audi or Jag. It's going to be one aggressive looking front and definitely the opposite to the soft look of VF. I can't wait until 2014.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #288
I6DOHC

Quote:
Noted - Thanks.

And I also missed out seeing those subsequent images on the live stream that you have since posted. That looks better...long live the mighty Falcon (even if it is for 1 last model).
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #289
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy73 View Post
Rubbish. Large cars are not dying at all. Ranger is longer and larger than Falcon by miles and it's rip roaring in sales. Put the budget in place, market your product properly and export it. Sales will come. When you show no interest yourself as a company what are the public gonna do.
OK so maybe it should be large car sedans are dying. Even in the US the biggest selling passenger cars are Camry/Accord sized. Falcon and Commodore are slightly bigger or close to BMW 5 series/Merc E series/Audi A6 and what global sales are they to their makers in the scheme of total sales? It's a segment which is in decline everywhere.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #290
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Wow, interesting thread.

I initially logged on because I couldn't get the stream to work so was interested in seeing what was being presented.

Ended up having an interesting read instead.

So, was it all good news or all bad news. Depends on whether you consider the glass to be half full or half empty, I guess.

For those of you complaining that there was nothing presented for you (especially you larger car, rear wheel drive lovers) you have to remember that you, and those like you, are probably not going to be the market that Ford is aiming for. As much as a fan of the Falcon as I am, the declining sales of large cars (not just Falcon) in this country speaks volumes (pun intended). I understand you may be upset, but there is only one way that you can turn this around, and that is convince people to get out there and buy them. Until you can turn around the sales figures, why would any company invest lots of dollars into a shrinking segment?

From my perspective, it seems that Ford are targeting the segments of the market that are selling well. Of course, the increase in tech is something that many people on these very forums have stated is long over due, so I welcome that. I just hope that Ford learns its lesson and does not fall behind again.

Being the owner of a Focus ST, which already has most of the tech that has been mentioned on here as becoming available across the Ford range, I can tell you it is pretty impressive. Would it sway me to/from another brand if it was/wasn't available? Probably not as that is not the reason i bought the car, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

For those commenting on the Americanism of the globalisation of Ford, you must remember that Ford is predominantly an American owned and operated business. Therefore, is it really any surprise that the American influence is so prominent? Not to me. I would expect any Australian-based organisation to be similarly influenced. Nothing unexpected there.

And, finally, for those of you disappointed with what was revealed, I'm not really sure what you expected. My reading of this presentation was that the goal was to simply announce to the market that whilst manufacturing in this country by Ford will cease in the not too distant future, Ford Australia is still a running concern and they will continue to sell cars in this country. From that perspective, I think the presentation today hit the mark and will foster some discussion (read free advertising) within the media.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #291
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Everest concept looks good, far better than the awful Colorado 7.
Mighty Reds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #292
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyy17 View Post
The modeo was in blue on the far left
Look at the picture on post 175 & 176. You'll see a white mondeo & you can match the bonnet exactly. It was 110% a mondeo
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #293
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Overall I think it was good, at least we still get something with rear wheel drive in the mustang. The Everest smashes the Colorado in the face. The preview of the falcon looks like its going to pretty sexy and make Vf look very tame.

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
XRFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #294
shewi6
Starter Motor

The only thing I can say for certain after watching the presentation is that I am now more excited about the Everest than the Falcon. Maybe that was because we seen more than a couple of blurred lines of the Everest concept.

As more details of the 2014 falcon emerge I'm sure the excitement will swing back in favor of it. Didn't know what to expect from the show having never watched one but all I know is come 2014 I will have a hard choice between a Falcon (GT or XR8 whatever V8 there is) and the Everset. Now I just have to start saving.

Sidenote: I think it is a missed opportunity to not rename the mondeo to fusion IMO perhaps the car itself will do more to sell itself than the name but time will tell i guess.
shewi6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #295
No.6

headlights on the falcon look great!
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #296
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

The Everest looks like it wont be here until Ranger gets a facelift, and will maybe debut the new styling.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #297
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Falcon teaser looked great to me!

Handful of whingers on this thread...no idea what their beef is. Baffling. Clear off!
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #298
OLD BALDY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most are complaining that it didn't connect them as customer, well the show was not for customers (the adds on tv will be if they do any) it was for the SQEELERS and they were told to connect better with the customers, BUT as always they were not listening!!
OLD BALDY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #299
westy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Wow, interesting thread.

I initially logged on because I couldn't get the stream to work so was interested in seeing what was being presented.

Ended up having an interesting read instead.

So, was it all good news or all bad news. Depends on whether you consider the glass to be half full or half empty, I guess.

For those of you complaining that there was nothing presented for you (especially you larger car, rear wheel drive lovers) you have to remember that you, and those like you, are probably not going to be the market that Ford is aiming for. As much as a fan of the Falcon as I am, the declining sales of large cars (not just Falcon) in this country speaks volumes (pun intended). I understand you may be upset, but there is only one way that you can turn this around, and that is convince people to get out there and buy them. Until you can turn around the sales figures, why would any company invest lots of dollars into a shrinking segment?

From my perspective, it seems that Ford are targeting the segments of the market that are selling well. Of course, the increase in tech is something that many people on these very forums have stated is long over due, so I welcome that. I just hope that Ford learns its lesson and does not fall behind again.

Being the owner of a Focus ST, which already has most of the tech that has been mentioned on here as becoming available across the Ford range, I can tell you it is pretty impressive. Would it sway me to/from another brand if it was/wasn't available? Probably not as that is not the reason i bought the car, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

For those commenting on the Americanism of the globalisation of Ford, you must remember that Ford is predominantly an American owned and operated business. Therefore, is it really any surprise that the American influence is so prominent? Not to me. I would expect any Australian-based organisation to be similarly influenced. Nothing unexpected there.

And, finally, for those of you disappointed with what was revealed, I'm not really sure what you expected. My reading of this presentation was that the goal was to simply announce to the market that whilst manufacturing in this country by Ford will cease in the not too distant future, Ford Australia is still a running concern and they will continue to sell cars in this country. From that perspective, I think the presentation today hit the mark and will foster some discussion (read free advertising) within the media.

Craig H

Nice quote really except that in my opinion the decline of the large sedan segment, in this country at least, has been borne out of a lack of interest from the company itself or at least from Ford HQ in USA. If a company shows a lack of authority and planning for models guess what, the product dies.
The Falcon sedan as a product in comparison to what's on the platter in the USA is batting well above average in my books and always has for a rear wheel drive large sedan.
I thought the idea of One Ford was ideally to be inclusive....not exclusively what is shoved down our throats from US and the US speakers today.
A US company they may be but I am not American and as an AUSSIE I would have appreciated at least 1 AUSSIE speaker thanks.
Old 13-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #300
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You don't bring out that many heavy hitters for a PR show like that normally.
That was some serious heavy hitters for what was basically a pretty basic PR event that announced nothing in particular.

Ford is either getting some serious indications that the decision to pull out of manufacturing is going to cost them big time in market share, or it was convenient for them to do some PR spin, while they were here for the real work.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: