Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
Westfield Bob
Starter Motor

Default Flashlube installation

Just bought myself the flashlube lubricator system for my AU1 Ford as I've had LPG fitted. I'm a bit stuck on how and where to fit it, especially the inlet hose to the manifold. My thinking was to stick the hose into the manifold after the gas line, but the way its been done by the LPG guys doesn't leave me much option than to fit it behind.

If you've installed the flashlube system, how have you done it?

Cheers - Bob

Westfield Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I had flashlube on my old XE, and it was just tapped straight into the manifold. With an EFI setup, I'd guess it should go into the TB, but be careful you don't tap into anywhere the butterfly needs to move. Or just tap into the plastic elbow, just before the mixer ring.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bob
Just bought myself the flashlube lubricator system for my AU1 Ford as I've had LPG fitted. I'm a bit stuck on how and where to fit it, especially the inlet hose to the manifold. My thinking was to stick the hose into the manifold after the gas line, but the way its been done by the LPG guys doesn't leave me much option than to fit it behind.

Cheers - Bob
Bob,

I have a Flashlube kit installed on the S1 Wagon, I'll take a pic or two tomorrow if I remember and post them up for you here in this thread. If I forget, please PM me with a reminder.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

: Dumb question time!!!!
What is flash lube and what does it do for lpg au falcons???? I thought it was an additive for leaded cars running on un leaded.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU-MUSTD
: Dumb question time!!!!
What is flash lube and what does it do for lpg au falcons???? I thought it was an additive for leaded cars running on un leaded.
It's a valve seat lubricant. Good for LPG setups as well as older vehicles that used to run on leaded fuel.

There are other brands Moreys, Lucas etc, etc, Flashlube is made here in Melbourne and is supposed to be very good.

It has 2 setups, the first is the easiest, a small bottle poured into the tank per fill or thereabouts and the second is a drip feed system which is a set and forget arrangement (except for checking the 500ml bottle every now and again).

I have the bottle on one vehice, and will soon have one on the second.

Pics to follow.

Cheers,

BTW, I didn't install this kit, but it looks very easy, just need a few cable ties and some plastic fittings. I find this position for the bottle very annoying though, a bit fiddly, so thankfully, the bottle only needs topping up every now and again.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Last edited by GK; 18-09-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old 18-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
tufLTD
tufLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bob

Cheers - Bob
I've fitted a few & found the best way is to branch into one of the vacuum hoses on the throttle body with a small T-piece. Just make sure that there is full vacuum at idle as some of the hoses will only have ported vacuum i.e vacuum when the throttle is opened.
Also, check the flow of Flashlube oil periodically, as they can block up occassionally.
Old 18-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #7
tufLTD
tufLTD

GK, be careful with your set-up as it's feeding the Flashlube into your ISC motor & may carbon it up. Just get it checked each service to make sure the ISC is not fouled up.
Old 18-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufLTD
GK, be careful with your set-up as it's feeding the Flashlube into your ISC motor & may carbon it up. Just get it checked each service to make sure the ISC is not fouled up.
Cheers.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 18-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #9
Abacus
Life's a Gas

How important is it for a modern motor though. They all have hardened valve seats anyway, don't they?

Would you recommend it on a Windsor?
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #10
BlackLS

Its just a way of making up for the loss of lubrication and cooling petrol normally gives the valves. Great for Dedicated LPG cars.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #11
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Its just a way of making up for the loss of lubrication and cooling petrol normally gives the valves. Great for Dedicated LPG cars.
I've read a number of times in the Cars Guide in the Herald Sun that an hour or so of petrol once a week will do a great deal to minimise valve seat recession.

The Flashlube takes care of that on the wagon, but I still drive 30odd kays on petrol each tank of gas.

In the SR, I do the same, but will fit a Flashlube kit sometime soon.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 21-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #12
Westfield Bob
Starter Motor

Thanks everyone, especially to GK for the pics. I've just got back in today and was suprised by the feedback I've received.

Many thanks once more.

Bob
Westfield Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post