Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Brisbane Airport Roundabout

What is it, that in peak hour when if you go around the airport roundabout at 40kph or at 100kph, you dont get any further ahead.
I witnessed an absolute moron in an old Skyline (Same model that had the Pintara...) Lose it there today, right in the middle of peak hour.

He was approaching from the Toombul side, heading south towards the Bridge, his entry speed approaching the corner was I would guess 70-80kph, his outside front wheel rim was almost touching the ground with unbelievable understeer, then as he realised he was going to understeer into me, he lifted off, and he was then facing the 'crater' in the middle with his front wheels, 2 metres off into the garden.

I was sitting there thinking what an absolute NOOB. I dont know what happened after that as i bolted past... But why do people treat that particular intersection with disrespect... If everyone wasnt in so much of a rush there...

But thats not all, On my way out to the airport, I saw what i would consider a HUGE near miss (On the Motorway above the roundabout). A B-Double Totally locked up on the skids to avoid an accident, with 5 or 6 other cars all locked up and sliding sideways... I said to my wife in the passenger seat at the time, a few seconds before, "there is going to be a smash there"....... AS even i could see, being 100 metres behind those cars, that traffic was stopped... And then all hell broke lose... I didnt hear any dreaded crunches, but crikey, it must have been close...

Anyway, thats my whinge for the week, Have a good weekend... and SLOW DOWN at the Airport roundabout

Marty

Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
8pAc
RDP #181

Damn straight i have seen some stupid stuff happen there, i guess its due to the rush of the airport and the gateway entry exit is all packed into one as well as the entry from Nudgee Rd. Bad design exampled in all its glory.
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
What is a B Double?
A prime mover pulling two trailers.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

B Double has a Prime Mover, Dog trailer, and then a normal large trailer. a dog trailer is around half the size of a normal trailer...

i agree.. that whole intersection has always had problems. i recall when i used to pick up my dad from the airport, there was always dramas, people not knowing how to drive and indicate on a roundabout.

people just dont keep their eyes on the fries so to speak...