Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-03-2005, 11:25 PM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Thats not a resto thats a full mod and while its not impossible will cost BIG dollars to achieve.
I would love to see it if you ever get done,hope you can.
You're right John, I guess it is more of a mod, but nonetheless it is something i would love to one day do.
Maybe when the BA's are a bit older, get a wrecked one and basically swap its running gear into the ute or something, im not sure what teh best way to go about it would be.
Still, plenty of time to research it!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:14 AM   #32
old_mate
Smash the Boost

ask chicks....a true pimp mobeil should be one that the ladies see and go "oh yes, i so wanna have a leg thrown over in that bad boy"

Oh and some Hydraulics to get some motion in the ocean, and to reduce the amount of work you actually have to do. And for pure sex appeal, install a franger dispenser under the dash

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #33
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
If it was me I'd make it a sleeper,looks stock on the outside but has good grunt and handling.
That way you should'nt lose to much on a sell down the track,remember the wilder the mods the more the cost,which you probably will not recover in a sell.
You will have to cut and shut big mobs to fit wide rubber on the rear,about the only way that is cheaper is to flare the guards and even that might not look good.
If memory serves me the widest you can fit without any body work is 6" at the rear otherwise it binds up on subframe/springs etc.
Anyway whichever way you go good luck.
I will ONLY sell this car, if ive already lost the house, the other car, all my clothes, my computers, and require money for a kidney transplant.

Thanks for the info on the rear end, I'll have a talk to some people about modifications for a minimum of 8" of rubber fore and aft.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 11:32 AM   #34
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I will ONLY sell this car, if ive already lost the house, the other car, all my clothes, my computers, and require money for a kidney transplant.

Thanks for the info on the rear end, I'll have a talk to some people about modifications for a minimum of 8" of rubber fore and aft.
Thats the idea, sell a kindney to start the modifications. That'll get you a long way into the project b4 a lung will need to go.

Pffffff 8'' rubber. Atleast 12.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #35
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any pics of your XP?

I just acquired an XC fairmont and will be doing similar mods to you except big enough rubber already fits and the 302 will be turbo!
Old 09-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #36
darkfang888
ED Fairmont 4.0L

ideas: if you wanna be original, I suggest you use a non-common gearbox ie: A C6 or C10 auto (as opposed to the common C4) with a hurst shifter, or the new 6-speed manual box out of a BA MkII... How about column shift, since veryone goes for floor shifts? And if you wanna pimp ride, I'd suggest a small block (289 or 302 would be best) and again for originality try some original 'Tunnel Port' Boss heads but beware - they give good power but driving with them is a hell of a mission.
darkfang888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 05:22 PM   #37
xr8ute
Back on the road

going the SB Windsor is probably not the wildest idea.

how about a 20B Rotary?

or maybe a US-Spec 2.5 STi motor in the boot hooked up to a VW transaxle for an over-the-rear axle-engine? It would be different...
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #38
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Any pics of your XP?

I just acquired an XC fairmont and will be doing similar mods to you except big enough rubber already fits and the 302 will be turbo!
Hey Dan, nope, no pics yet, will get them this weekend when i drop some cash down for it.

Turbo might be an option for mine but far into the future. Theoretical Budget so far is the following.

Engine/Engine Bay overheads, cooling, lines, unforseen replacements
Engine Target for power is approx 300kw/400HP
$10,000

Chassis Modifications/Panel Beating/Restoration and respray/rubbers etc.
$10,000

Transmission & Cooler/Shifter/Driveshaft/Differential/Axles
$10,000

Brakes, Suspension & Wheels
$7,000

Interior
$3,000

Engineer to oversee project: $Yet to be determined.

Anyone think im off anywhere on the budget?

Stage 0: Long talks with engineer, hand holding and begging for help, promise of sexual favours.
Stage 1: Chassis Modifications where neccessary to accomodate new drivetrain/suspension/wheels
Stage 2: standard 302/standard C10 + B&M Shifter/Modified Differential/Brakes/Suspension/wheels

Try and pass Transport SA Scrutineering & EPA at this point to get road worthy

Stage 3: C10 & leftover drivetrain Upgraded/Engine Upgraded
Stage 4: All leftover panel work
Stage 5: Interior
Stage 6: If money permits, further finishing off modifications such as forced induction, fluffy dice, custom plates saying "Born2Lose"
Stage 7: Drive into the sea

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Last edited by Sourbastard; 09-03-2005 at 05:59 PM. Reason: i forgot the wheels
Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #39
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your budget is about right but from my experience,add about half as much again to your figure and you should not be freaked out by over budget numbers.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #40
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Hey Dan, nope, no pics yet, will get them this weekend when i drop some cash down for it.

Turbo might be an option for mine but far into the future. Theoretical Budget so far is the following.

$10,000

$10,000

$10,000

$7,000

Interior
$3,000

Stage 0: Long talks with engineer, hand holding and begging for help, promise of sexual favours.
Stage 1: Chassis Modifications where neccessary to accomodate new drivetrain/suspension/wheels
Stage 2: standard 302/standard C10 + B&M Shifter/Modified Differential/Brakes/Suspension/wheels

Stage 6: If money permits, further finishing off modifications such as forced induction, fluffy dice, custom plates saying "Born2Lose"
Lmfao parts of that just made me laugh, as always... thanks man
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #41
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:

$10,000

$10,000

$10,000

$7,000

Interior
$3,000

Whats a budget. Before i bought my MKII i seriously considered buying a stang and brining it in. A base model v6 2oo1 mustang can be had for 1ok. By the time i was finished i had quotes from some of the top performance shops in the states for a TT o3 cobra. 15oo+hp capable shortblock, bullet proof drive train capable of running 9's on a daily basis, air and fuel setup for over 1ooorwhp. All i wanted was a tough daily driven cobra aim was 11 on slicks, what i could of had for $4o,ooo us was a daily driven and extreamly streetable 9/1o sec car. Conversion and compliance was the killer besides going mod crazy b4 i got it. I spoke with the owner of a grey o3, could of had it for $18,ooo when the lowest i saw was $25,ooo. His missus had died giving birth and he was in need of a speedy sale to pay bill's. The owner of X2c motorsports who i was dealing with bought the car as they were good mates.

Before you do anything know what you want from it, plan it well. Pick your rims, engine combo, drivline and work from there.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post