Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-07-2006, 01:03 AM   #1
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default A lesson learnt....

Have you ever done something big for a relative or someone close only to be kicked in the guts?
Let me tell you my story!

18 months ago i owned a small business and decided to buy myself a treat as the dirty, itch work that i was doing left me feeling as if i should have a nice car to drive after work.
My wife and i decided to buy a nice blue Dec 02 BA XT with 62,000k's.
It was dressed with XR boot spoiler, 17" BA XR wheels, XR suspension and dark tint and in immaculate condition.
Unfortunately 6 months later i was diagnosed with a spine disorder that left me unable to do my work.
Having a young family(new baby) plus 2 and no income i was forced to sell my business and found myself unable to meet my repayments for the BA and considered relinquishing the car.
At this same time my older brother had been rejected finance for a new XR6t.
I offered him my car to drive whilst making the repayments that i could not afford, and only asked that he maintain it as i did and keep it serviced at a reputable repairer as the extended warranty was important.
No probs he assures me and adds that he has always wanted a new car and this was the closest he has ever been so wont stuff it up.
Yeah right!
I have just returned from a 26.5 hour round trip from the Yorke Peninsula to Wagga and i am not happy!
On Wednesday of last week my brother informed me that due to his new house purchase he can no longer afford the car and would i like it back.
The thought of that made me stoked as i love that car and am now in a position to meet the repayments.
Now when i handed my brother the keys 12 months ago, he gave me his poorly maintained(yes i mean wreck and yes it should have sounded warning bells but every body deserves the benefit of the doubt) ED classic with no reg, bald tyres, broken drivers seat and no 2nd or top gear in the trans.
When he told me of his predicament now, i offered to sell my current EL Fairmont and buy him a good EA with 147k's and immaculate from my inlaws because i felt bad that he had a car(death trap) before taking on my car and now he would have no car.
He greatfully accepted and so i set off with mate and fatherinlaw as side kicks, across the country, in search of my HOLY GRAIL.

Guess what!
My car is a wreck!
The left front gaurd has a 30cm bare metal scratch.
Both wing mirrors have been damaged and scratched.
Passanger door has trolley dents all over it.
front tyres were under inflated and are now worn to the wire on both edges.
(new when he got them)
Front bar/bonnet has been used as a trucks stone gaurd and has serious chips/scratches underneath.
All mags are damaged (2 new when given).
Drivers door mould falling off.
windscreen has huge scratches(too deep to buff out) because the plastic clip fell off of one of the wiper blades and he was to lazy or to stupid to fix the problem and allowed the metal to scratch the glass.(new when given)
Console lid broken and console full of liquid paper or something.
Tint scratched and peeling.
Passanger seat back still broken off(i actually sent him $180 for a new one 10mths ago).
New brake rotors replaced by Ford under warranty 20,000k's ago are now stuffed due to exessive pad wear.
extended warranty void as it has had no servicing in 20'000k's.
And the list goes on.
Now i am left with no option but to sell my good EL to pay for the car my brother has now(EA) and use the rest to fix the car that i must pay for over the next 3.5yrs.
With family like that, who needs enemies! : :

Last edited by BENT_8; 30-07-2006 at 01:49 AM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

That is totally ****ED!

I never loan anyone anything of mine, occasionally i will swap my car with my dad as we are in business together and we have identical cars and both care for them to the same degree, but thats where it stops.

I would be making him pay for all the damage to it, and I wouldnt be sparing anything to save him a dollar. Is there something seriously wrong with him or is he just a complete tosser?? Im sorry if i sound a bit crude here but for anyone to do this to their brother and not offer to A) pay for it to be repaired or B) have it repaired before you came to pick it up is beyond me!

I hope you can get it back to the way it was as it sounds like it was a beautiful car... f
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 15.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
FLYXR6
Silvester

My brother ever did anything like that i would take him out back and flog him to an inch of his life........ and he knows it.

I know this is may sound harsh but when it comes to family and MONEY or cars get everything in writing.

I suppose all you can do now is ask him to pay for all the damage to get the car back to its former glory. If e says no tell him he will have to sell his car to pay the debt.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 01:21 AM   #4
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Bent 8 that's rotten. I would confront him, tell him the damage he did, take the EA back for yourself and then spend the rest to get your car fixed. Also, I would let him know you will never lend him anything again as he obviously has no respect for you, or your posessions. See if you can get cash out of him for it as well.

Quote: