Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Default Happy with my BA and the service from Ford!

I just had a minor service today which included fixing a rattle in the engine that only rattled on cold mornings and lasted for about 5 seconds. That was the starter motor and that was replaced under warranty.
I had an oil and filter change and fluid levels checked. There was some coolant leak from the header tank and this was fixed under warranty also.
I had to change my computer set-up as I got 19inch wheels put on, this cost $95 and the total bill of my service was $250 for all parts and labour.
I am pretty happy with this as they just fixed it all, explained it all really well and it was reasonably cheap.
I have heard of lots of people being unhappy with their ford service and their cars so I thought I might post a thread up here that is the opposite.

Old 29-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Good stuff Pennybrain. It's refreshing to hear some good news coming from a Ford service department. Hopefully you dealer keeps up the good work!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
OHR100
Starter Motor

I am too happy with the service i have been recieving too and the costs of the servicing. BUT very unhappy with my car cause every time i take it to get serviced i have had a a problem fixed on warranty.. This is not what i wanted when i purchased a $43000 car.. Thought i would not have problems with a brand new car how wrong i was. UNHAPPY FORD OWNER
OHR100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pennybrain that is fantastic that you are happy, and it is great to read someone saying so..

Usually people that are happy with things never really say so.. Good for you that you are doing so though

OHR100 while I guess it would be irritating to have things fixed on a new car but just think how much more irritated you would be if they

a/ didn't bother fixing it at all (and then it becomes a major problem) or

b/ fixed it and charged you and didn't do it under warranty...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just as much as we want to know who services your car when you have a bad experience we wish to know who when it is a good service too. No harm in that I'm sure. So come on pennybrain spill the beans.
Old 29-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #6
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Just as much as we want to know who services your car when you have a bad experience we wish to know who when it is a good service too. No harm in that I'm sure. So come on pennybrain spill the beans.
I don't know about pennybrain but my 03 BA has just had it's 3rd birthday and it has allways been serviced by McGrath at Belconnen and we are both very happy with their service (of the car!!) and we will keep going back... _2:
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Yea sorry I failed to mention the service personnal. Like olfella my car gets serviced at John McGrath Ford but at the one in Woden not the Belconnen one.
I am very glad they fixed certain things under warranty that I didn't even know where wrong/broken. Its good to know that when they see something wrong and the person hasn't complained about it they will fix it regardless.
Old 30-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
GTP 044
Formally RED XR8

I too am EXTREMELY happy with the service that I get from Wignall Ford at Mornington, VIC. I have only had two services there on the XR but nothing is too much problem for them. The prices have been fine and I have have had a couple of minor things done under warranty with no questions asked, they just do the work. One very happy customer.
Greg.
GTP 044 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #9
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Well I will add my 2 cents to try and even out the balance.

My girl was bought from and had her 3K service from a Ford Dealer in the Centre of Perth. Very happy with the sales team but not so happy with the service department, not that they are crook, just seemed to be totally uninterested in "your" car.

Since then she has had the next two services at Titans. I have not met Des (the Service Manager) but his people are a good crew, each time I was well looked after, the girl is singing sweetly and they just love their Fords. Its a pleasure to deal with people that have blue blood _2: . They will be looking after my girl for a long time yet.

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #10
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

I should chime in too, last service on my BF XR8 was at 15K. Cost $168. I have even had a ford customer relations person call me at home asking if I was happy with the product/service.
I sometime wonder about some of the people that complain endlessly about lack of service. It must be the attitude of the dealer that causes most complaints.

We bought a new LX Fiesta and the XR8 within about 3 weeks of each other, and both cars have been spot on. Happy camper here.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #11
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
I should chime in too, last service on my BF XR8 was at 15K. Cost $168. I have even had a ford customer relations person call me at home asking if I was happy with the product/service.
I sometime wonder about some of the people that complain endlessly about lack of service. It must be the attitude of the dealer that causes most complaints.

We bought a new LX Fiesta and the XR8 within about 3 weeks of each other, and both cars have been spot on. Happy camper here.
And you lucky bugger get to drive those unrestricted road....... God how I miss the territory :

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #12
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

We are lucky out here, drove back from a fishing trip to King Ash Bay in May. Once we got to the Stuart HiWay we cruised at 160K on the cruise control. These XR8 things are a truly wonderful piece of machinery.

:1syellow1
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #13
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting. I used to go to Belconnen and the service was great. I started going to Woden because its closer now. The customer service is still good but last service it came back running rough and when I had the diff replaced it came back with a dint in the door. I couldn't prove it was them so couldn't do anything.

The suspension is also making some nasty noises since the diff was replaced. I'll probably still go back to Woden, they're attitude is good and they'll fix any stuff ups they may have made...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post