Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #31
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

bascically it means if you want a fun car, you have to get a typhoon.
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #32
jmc-007

Why dont they target these POS Cars with bloody busted engines driven by middle aged women who have never had the oil changed.

I see plenty of old. Excels, Camrys, Corollas and Magnas burning up while driving and nothing seems to get done.

yet pick on the guys who care about what they are doing. I feel sorry for the poor shops been done out of work.

Mr Screwby your an ********. Im sure you had your hand in this pie too.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #33
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arent they the same rules as always?

It seems nothing has changed since trying to get my AU engineered.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #34
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Nope I still have to say I am fairly confident in my number plate

EPA*SUX

Victoria - On the move
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #35
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BJ,
how do GT Falcons go with the open element regs? XR to XW GT's run them factory fitted?

Old 05-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #36
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
BJ,
how do GT Falcons go with the open element regs? XR to XW GT's run them factory fitted?
You will find that cars that have pre ADR27 may not have to comply will SOME of the above mentioned items.Closed element filter systems were only introduced really after 74.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER
You will find that cars that have pre ADR27 may not have to comply will SOME of the above mentioned items.Closed element filter systems were only introduced really after 74.
I think these regs will make the pre 74 ADR26 GT's who had allot of extras and performance goodies from the factory become even more popular with street machiners again.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #38
BJ
Banned

As Alex said. It is stated in the original workshop manuals that most of these regs were looked at before they were drawn up. Most of the guys involvd with this would under satnd about the older cars anyway 4V.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #39
jmc-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
It seems a little bit extreme to me, like VicRoads has made up their minds that everyone should be in a Toyota Prius with a padlocked bonnet.

If they keep going. You will have to have the EPA to check up if your meets emmision guidelines.

Another one for the idiots behind desks with shiney *****.

How about target industry who emmit more rubbish than anyone else.

Like the doxin levels in sydney harbour. Anything done about it.

NOPE !!
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #40
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I think these regs will make the pre 74 ADR26 GT's who had allot of extras and performance goodies from the factory become even more popular with street machiners again.
A air filter element isn't too hard to swap over to comply anyway.The only one i would be worried about is the crank case venting as most adr 27 cars was mandatory.I suppose it's a question on who looks at your vehicle at the inspection. :ticking:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A air filter element isn't too hard to swap over to comply anyway.The only one i would be worried about is the crank case venting as most adr 27 cars was mandatory.I suppose it's a question on who looks at your vehicle at the inspection. :ticking:
Probably another reason why original rocker covers, factory original looking engine bays, blue engines and QC stamps will become more popular! :hihi: :

Old 05-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #42
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Probably another reason why original rocker covers, factory original looking engine bays, blue engines and QC stamps will become more popular! :hihi: :
I really don't think that having less performance by resorting in OE will encourage people in buying these cars in the future, the way i see it is the new cars will have more appeal as they have more power standard.QC stickers are for those who have some sort of FETISH with destroying great looking engine bays. :dr_Evil: Funnily enough i don't know why you GT guys do this,it looks cr@p
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #43
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
It seems a little bit extreme to me, like VicRoads has made up their minds that everyone should be in a Toyota Prius with a padlocked bonnet. Frankly I'm glad I'm in SA where things are a little more liberal.
you gotta go easier of the prius man, the Prius Owners Fleet and Toyota Association (P.O.F.T.A) was at my door asking about you yesterday. they seemed a bit upset
Old 05-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #44
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I really don't think that having less performance by resorting in OE will encourage people in buying these cars in the future, the way i see it is the new cars will have more appeal as they have more power standard.QC stickers are for those who have some sort of FETISH with destroying great looking engine bays. :dr_Evil: Funnily enough i don't know why you GT guys do this,it looks cr@p
I think you'll find that because of the rapid increase in value of these cars they'll appeal much more to enthusiasts and collectors now who can afford them and who aren't that worried about how much peak power they have or what their 1/4 times are!
Instead they have a passion for preserving the cars and enjoying them in close to their original format.
That's why they're going up in value, if they appealed only to drag racers and street machiners they'd only be worth a few grand because anyone can build a super fast Falcon weather its a GT or a Falcon 500!! :ticking:

Old 05-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #45
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I think you'll find that because of the rapid increase in value of these cars they'll appeal much more to enthusiasts and collectors now who can afford them and who aren't that worried about how much peak power they have or what their 1/4 times are!
Instead they have a passion for preserving the cars and enjoying them in close to their original format.
That's why they're going up in value, if they appealed only to drag racers and street machiners they'd only be worth a few grand because anyone can build a super fast Falcon weather its a GT or a Falcon 500!! :ticking:
I can afford em but are still more intersted in power than QC markings. :sm_headba
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #46
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETH02
The Phoons have a panel filter not a pod so it's not a prob. I agree with you though I'll stay in Qld and If theykeep those idiots down south
Yeh I had thought about that after as all the sixes have the flat panel filter, but I thought meh, no one will notice :.

Even the current QLD rules arent as harsh as the previous Vic rules. Though maybe we will get the current vic rules all at once so they can try and put a stop to "hoons". As we all know hoons are anyone that has a car with aftermarket wheels or a sports exhaust. I guess they are trying to save the planet from emmissions and try and prolong global warming, even though we have recently passed the point of no return, ie global warming cannot be stopped.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #47
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What did they change? Evereything appears to be the same as it was last year.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #48
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
What did they change? Evereything appears to be the same as it was last year.
i agree with dan, i see nothing new....

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post