Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #31
BJMXR

ITs UNQUESTIONABLY worth more than a standard XR8... no doubt.

Were all aware that mods in cars will never get you your money back... ever. However, this car IS worth more than $20,000. And he will probably sell it for near $30,000 in my opinion... not to me, but to someone. Comon guys, its a pretty nice car, no need to bag it out.

Anyway, its hardly something any of us should be arguing over... seriously...

Good luck to him selling what is a great show car...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #32
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definately worth more than your average XR8. In saying that, unfortunately for the builder and the owner it's not worth double every other XR8.

I prefer the momo wheels, but definately an AU to look up to. Everything is just perfect on it.

Love the rear parcel shelf. I have a tonne of pics of it.
Old 29-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

definately...some people are on drugs here hardcore.

The thing should be in the FDC if you ask me, its not GT, but its worth a fair chunk more than the standard XR8!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #34
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which site is this car on?
Old 30-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #35
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

I have heard this car's engine/exhaust.. and believe me, it's by far THE BEST note I have ever heard from a modern N/A V8!! The car did have $110 G's owing, a LOT of work went into it. I was privileged enough to be there when they drove the car into the Melbourne Exhibition & Convention Centre for the 2001 International Motor Show and put on display. Boy what a sound! Had goose bumps. I too remember Rob Herrod saying that the car was unable to be road registered in it's current form/spec's as it was in 2001. How the current owner got it registered I don't know.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #36
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDriver
I agree with jimt3te50, I would swap cars with the guy if I thought I would get a good deal. It looks great and seems like it would go as good as it looks.

As for 'rice', I always assumed that 'rice' means 'flashy car, but no go' like Hyundia excels, non-turbo Lancers, 4 cylinder cars that wanna be turboed and might look the goods but make more noise than distance.
The term rice gets used pretty loosely on this forum, and mostly to describe mods that people don't like.

interesting article:
http://www.craigfr.com/rice/howtorice.html

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
I have heard this car's engine/exhaust.. and believe me, it's by far THE BEST note I have ever heard from a modern N/A V8!! The car did have $110 G's owing, a LOT of work went into it. I was privileged enough to be there when they drove the car into the Melbourne Exhibition & Convention Centre for the 2001 International Motor Show and put on display. Boy what a sound! Had goose bumps. I too remember Rob Herrod saying that the car was unable to be road registered in it's current form/spec's as it was in 2001. How the current owner got it registered I don't know.
Agreed 012, Ive heard this thing go and it sounds fantastic.

Im also curious about how it got registered, I think they would have had to take the Motec out to get it registered? Not sure.
Old 31-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #38
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I think it's worth 30-35k. I would seriously consider buying it if I had that sort of cash to spend.
Old 31-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #39
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

i would buy it for 30-35k dam i wish i didnt start that capri project. speaking of the intake on it thats not cheap morrison wants about 6k for it and you still need up $500 of bits to fit it.
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #40
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some of you guys have no idea. as if that car is not worth twice what a normal xr8 is worth .so what if he paid 28 for it. do you think that because someone paid 15 for an xa coupe 5 years ago you should not pay more than that now. i seen some real crap on these forrums before but some of these posts take the cake. i would pay 35 for that in a heart beat
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #41
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric
some of you guys have no idea. as if that car is not worth twice what a normal xr8 is worth .so what if he paid 28 for it. do you think that because someone paid 15 for an xa coupe 5 years ago you should not pay more than that now. i seen some real crap on these forrums before but some of these posts take the cake. i would pay 35 for that in a heart beat

Someone offered to buy my old AU off of me.

Part of his bargaining was that he knew what I paid so he wouldnt pay anymore. I laughed at him for a while then said I got it cheaper than that and sold the car for $5K more than his offer. : Im convinced the new buyer still got a bargain.

What the seller paid for the car is irrelevant.