Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

Default Service trouble

hey guys i have just got my car back from yet another service.

I took it in for its 15k km service on a thursday morn and had a wheel alignment, rotate/balance and told them to check an oil leak. They fixed all but the oil leak and said they didnt know if i wanted it done, but it was under warrant :yeees: so why not fix. any way i booked it back in but the soonest time was 2 weeks or something so i was driving around checking my oil everyday.

Whilst driving in this time i noticed my steering wheel wobbled at 100 and over and it was still pulling to the left bad, so they didnt fix it very good at all!!!

I asked them to fix the wheel alignment and balance and oil leak. i went back in to pick it up just as they close and get tld they havnt reasembled my car as the oil leaked in through the clutch and has ИИИИИed the clutch plate. So that was ordered but wouldnt get in till monday.

I went in monday and they had fixed my clutch and wheel alignment but when they took it for a test drive didnt have any trouble with the steering wobble. THATS~BECAUSE THEY TOOK IT UP THE STREET AT 60km AN HOUR!!! when i specifically sed it only happens at 100 and over. So they kept it another night and fixed it tuesday and i got it back that arvo.

Glad to say no its great, no wobble, no left veering and the clutch feels so light and just glides into gear. Just peeved that i was without a car for a while!!!

PS: they found the balance was out 10kg or somehting? is that a large error on their part??

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

hopefull iy wasn't 10kg, thats about what the tyre weighs, 10grams is enough to feel, but not a huge error, easily done usually depends on how often they calibrate their balancer. Glad to hear its fixed. BTW where was the oil leak? something we should all keep an eye out for?

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
Fez WQ

Mate welcome to thw world of fiesta vibration a standard feature to all fiesta WP and WQ LX manual cars only.................. I got my car replaced because of this- Ford Aust know its a problem it but it took them 12 months to admit it !!!!!!!!!!
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

welcome to ford service

i doubt you'll find many good stories about how fantastic ford service were with anyone's new car. and im not limiting this to only eurofords.

you were probably better off sending to ultratune for a service, and only take it to ford if it's a warranty issue
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

yeah it was all warranty so i didnt have to fork out any money. They said it the rear main seal, but i dont exactly know where it was, thats what they told me. The bit of black plastic that goes down the back of the door along the window also feel off, the clips broke so i just took it in and they fixed that up for me.

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
felt06
clueless?

ya same thing happened to my plastics on the windows. i put my car in this morning to get both sides redone
felt06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
FlaminFiesta

hey mate what dealer was it ??
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #8
felt06
clueless?

the townsville dealership
felt06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #9
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
welcome to ford service

i doubt you'll find many good stories about how fantastic ford service were with anyone's new car. and im not limiting this to only eurofords.

you were probably better off sending to ultratune for a service, and only take it to ford if it's a warranty issue
That wouldn't void the warranty would it?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #10
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Hunter
Mate welcome to thw world of fiesta vibration a standard feature to all fiesta WP and WQ LX manual cars only.................. I got my car replaced because of this- Ford Aust know its a problem it but it took them 12 months to admit it !!!!!!!!!!
Aaron, can you elaborate on this issue please?

For servicings I think you can take any new car to where you want as long as it is a registered mechanic who does the work. However, if they use none genuine parts, then expect Ford to try and not honour your warranty (they'd most likely try and blame having none Ford servicings done if anything major happened....)
Old 28-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
Fez WQ

What do you want to know? - Ford replaced my FEZ and gave it to some unlucky person. The car was in 3 differnt dealerships not one could fix the vibration from 80+

Rear main seals
new tyres x12
NEw rims x8
Fix FIx fix Fix or repair daily
untill they replaced it
What do you want to know
Old 28-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

the vibration of my car only happened while over 100+, but not after I did the wheel balance, rotation and allignment at other tyres service center. it is now run much more smoother than before..This issue has been raised by other Fez owner but no reply :(
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get a slight vibration from 120 to 140km/h. It doesn't vibrate much but enough to notice but stops above 140 so got no idea whats going on.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #14
Fez WQ

Ford Need To Read This And Get It Sorted Out
Old 28-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

It was unfortunate that you had to go through all the time consumming problem's but at the end off the day the dealer came through and fixed them, so as long as the problem is fixed we should be thankfull of that, it's a shame Ford in general know of a certain problem with these vehicle's but choose to ignore it.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #16
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

It must be an assumption that the cost of rectifying the matter is more than the cost of having the odd annoyed consumer.