Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The most childish stuff was coming from a moderator.... :
Old 27-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #32
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The most childish stuff was coming from a moderator.... :

Leading by example... WTG :
Old 27-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #33
xd5.8l
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyob2003
Forget what car is what, you people do not seem to realise that you are going to grow old sometime, Then you will feel as I do, dont you realise when you "bag" older people it also includes your parents..........Look at yourself closely beore you post.
Sympathisers don't have a place on this forum!!!!!
Old 27-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

actually i was bored during the week and had a look at a mitsubishi site ,tassy i think it was and there were a couple of goers there one was a magna with 266 kws turbo i think, were a couple of turbos so there are some magnas that might surprise a few henrys here
Old 27-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #35
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
Sympathisers don't have a place on this forum!!!!!
nothing wrong with what was posted for you to say that

i am heading into the older bracket myself and im looking at what mods i can do to get into the low to mid 14s with my el

also my dad who is close to 60 want me to get it there so go figure

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 27-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #36
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is just really weird, that some members of this forum are quite prepared to bag out other car brands, but when it comes to Fords being bagged... we can't take the heart???

Maybe a good opportunity for some of our members to look at their own actions before accusing other forums and other manufactures of bagging our cars out????

Hmmmm....
Old 27-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #37
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

"front wheel drives are okay once your used to them......cars are not built to burn rubber with....." - From Ricbec on the mitsubishi forums

That is the dumbest thing i've heard all year.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 27-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #38
ETH02
Force Fed Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I am a little confused here....

Ford Focus is FWD, Fiesta, Mondeo, Laser, Telstar, Meteor, Couger, Taurus are also FWD so maybe "elderly cardigan brigadeers" also buy Fords.
I notice the acute shotage of young motoring superheros in their new LTDs & Fairlane G8s down on the esplanade on saturday nights although there seems to be a few at the clubs.
The new XR5 and the ST170 must surely be marketed towards the bowls clubs & RSL set because no young sport vehicle enthusiest would buy a FWD would they?

I recently raced a Mitsubishi EVO IX (and others) on QLD Raceway in my RWD F6 Typhoon and although I was quicker than almost everything else there (mostly RWD from our stable) I could not even come close to catching the EVO. Maybe I was dazzled by the bright cardigan and hat.....

People who come on to AFF and bag Fords are almost immediately identified as dropkicks and treated with the distain that they deserve. Do you not think that other fora would do the same?
The EVO IX is 4wd not Fwd and they are weapons from the factory (if I had the cash I would get one for the wife). They have 206KW ( but the journalists who test drove them reackon that it is more) and they are about 500kg lighter so it is no wonder it was quicker. Not making excuses for the F6 but the Evo's are more performance orientated than anything ford has to offer.

By the way how was its outright straight line speed, I'm just curious

Steve

Shockwave BA MKII Typhoon :sm_headba
Old 27-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #39
Wundy_30

I'd have to agree with flappist, I'd say an evo (proper evo not ricer try hard) would give most V8's a run for the money. Anyone see the episode of Top Gear where the evo kept up with a lambo on a racetrack and pushed the lambo so hard he lost it and spun out. Recent evo's are 2.0L turbo AWD and do 0-100km in 4.5 seconds. I'd love that technology in a ford.
Old 27-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #40
ETH02
Force Fed Fun

Default Idea for ford development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundy_30
Recent evo's are 2.0L turbo AWD and do 0-100km in 4.5 seconds. I'd love that technology in a ford.

Maybe an idea for a limited edition focus :

Shockwave BA MKII Typhoon :sm_headba
Old 27-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #41
Scott

Just read that thread... pretty lame. I can't believe a Bitsamissen driver actually bagged another brand about build quality though!
Old 28-05-2006, 12:33 AM   #42
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
OMG theres an actual forum for 'those' people ?
I guess, its the spastic centre for car people : : :
What is your problem
1 of my best mates has Ceribal Palsy.
He went to a spastic school all of his life
if you want to bag people who drive different cars go for it
DO NOT DITCH PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD A ROUGH TROT
I have a major issue with your comment
I want you to prove to me that I am mistaken
I just can not see it though
QUOTE=2ndOwner]
Im pretty sure the spastic centre had no more vacancies :nutsycuck[/QUOTE]
and here we are bagging the mentality of the mitsubishi drivers :

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo

Last edited by Gilesie; 28-05-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 28-05-2006, 12:35 AM   #43
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Most
Idiots
Try
Something
Underpowered &
Boring
Instead of
Something
Hipowered &
Innovative
I got inspired:

Mitsubishi
Is
The
Single
Ugliest
Brand
In the
Solar-system,
Holden
Included

&

Mostly
Ageing
Grandpa's
Navigating
Abonimably

I must be bored....
Old 28-05-2006, 01:58 AM   #44
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

theres a daewoo forum online too before i forget, i had a sqiz recently and all it is, is yank daewoo drivers complaing about there daewoos breaking down and how to fix certain problems ect ect
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 28-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #45
eed-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the guy posting all the ford jokes has an AC cobra in his signature.. i think that sums that forum up :P
520rwhp
Old 28-05-2006, 02:44 AM   #46
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilesie
What is your problem
um ok!
I dont think he intentionly bagged out spastic people or your friend with Ceribal Palsy for that face...take a step back, understand that we are all naieve in one way or annother and let it slide...Bagging out is exactly that- normally quite light hearted..I've lost count of how many times ive called someone a spastic in jest...does that make me bad? no, i have a lot of compassion disabled people
Old 28-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #47
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I used to have a 3.5 Magna as a work car it really flew, much faster than my ED Fairmont Ghia V8. But what is this all about? Do any of us really care what other people say? At the end of the day, if the other forum members are just kids, why let kids push your buttons?, Even if they are not kids, life is too short to short to care that much about what other people say. You like your cars for your own reasons, as do they.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

Old 28-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #48
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Quote:
What is your problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
Im pretty sure the spastic centre had no more vacancies :nutsycuck
um ok!
I dont think he intentionly bagged out spastic people or your friend with Ceribal Palsy for that face...take a step back, understand that we are all naieve in one way or annother and let it slide...Bagging out is exactly that- normally quite light hearted..I've lost count of how many times ive called someone a spastic in jest...does that make me bad? no, i have a lot of compassion disabled people
Yeah.. What he(Bucket) said.
When i was working for Westfields, i often had to help such people around.
So i do feel for those who aren't quite as lucky as the rest of us.
Old 28-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #49
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETH02
The EVO IX is 4wd not Fwd and they are weapons from the factory (if I had the cash I would get one for the wife). They have 206KW ( but the journalists who test drove them reackon that it is more) and they are about 500kg lighter so it is no wonder it was quicker. Not making excuses for the F6 but the Evo's are more performance orientated than anything ford has to offer.

By the way how was its outright straight line speed, I'm just curious

Steve
Yes I know the EVO is AWD but my point was that not all Mitsubishis were slow FWDs and not all Fords are RWD.

I was slowly gaining on the back straight but the EVOs agility on turns 1 & 2 as well as 4 & 5 just left me in the fumes. It was a rollerskate but a bloody quick rollerskate........
Old 28-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #50
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
What is your problem
QUOTE=2ndOwner]
Im pretty sure the spastic centre had no more vacancies :nutsycuck
Agree 100%.

Calling anyone a spastic is derogatory, even if said in jest. Traditionally the only people who make comments like that are people of low intelligence; people who couldn't string a proper sentence together to save their lives, and think that Grammar is the elderly woman in the front room.
These people only ever feel powerful or superior by belittling others.
Yes I know someone who has a disability, and yes I take great personal offence to people who lucidly throw such insults about, without thinking of how they have degraded a whole group of people; people who are amongst the most vulnerable and defenceless in our society.

Isn't it enough that governments often forget this group, as they don't vote? To have people make reference to them as some kind of useless being is despicable and indefensible. Before any of you attempt to flame me for my stand on this issue remember this: around 60% of the people you call "spastic" or "spaz" or "tard" are born that way. The other 40% have become that way through trauma like car accidents, being bashed or genetics. In short, nobody here is immune from becoming disabled.

Don't get me started on the elderly either. Because that, I can guarantee most of you, is something we will all have to encounter sooner or later.

Quote: