Old 12-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #31
max
LWBforME

I wished I had kept:
My Wolseley 24/80
My EH Premier
My dad's HR Premier
My XA Fairmont

I MUST try to hang on to my NA Fairlane but I will upgrade my AU11 Futura one day.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

I will be keeping my sprint for as long as i am alive i love it to death and wouldn't trade it for anything but i will have other project cars along the way.
70caprigt3k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #33
XR666T

I'll be keeping the BA until I'm off my P-plates (another 18 months), then it's a BF XR6 Turbo for me hopefully...

That's if petrol's not $2 a litre by then :(
XR666T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #34
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aaahhhh hopes ,dreams and aspirations...when its all said and done there just cars...but to each of us they are special.

Its like the AU11 xr8 we've got...was once owned by Ford exec.. has a mix of 2/3 goodies like the 220 donk the all leather interior the six stacker the 6 speaker etc, was loaned out to film set(made the cutting room floor) would'nt part with with it for less than 50k...real value given current economy factors about 5k.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #35
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

I will probably be looking at selling my car with in the next 12 months or so. Jacquis XR6 we plan to keep. We want to mod the crap out of it, fix up some paint blemishes, get those ROH mantis rims, and eventually give it to Jacquis son for his first car.

We would both love to get a typhoon. Probably wont be till Orion in about 08/09. I'm with GT-0733, I would LOVE an 03/04 "Terminator" Mustang. Any idea how much they're going for in the states now bud?
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #36
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Considering my ute is only one of a few factory 351 XD's I ever seen, yeah, I'll keep it. I know there were plenty made, but you try and find them now......

Plus I love it to bits, and as long as I can keep it out of the weather to slow the dreaded cancer!!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #37
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733
strange, Falcon Freak... you should already know your residual amount.
The residual amount is known. But I thought that maybe I could bargain with the lease company as it is a V8 and they may have trouble selling it.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #38
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I'll keep the GT as it appreciates Evey year, it may be worth what it owes me in 10 years.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #39
Aeron
DJR Fan

Well, i have a 2004 BA XR6T with 5 speed and I plan to upgrade to BF XR6T with 6speed auto in the next 12months. I want to up the power but the 5 speed isn't up to it. 6 speed auto is the way to go. Eventhough I said i'd never own an auto.... :
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #40
rennie
BA Falcon, AUII. R.I.P.

I love my XF and will probably only get rid of it when I crash it(hopefully not). When that happens I will be buying somthing similar or a XA-XC.
rennie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #41
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My EF Fairmont will stay.. not only am i too attached to the thing but it also owes more than enough $$ (with much more yet to be spent on it). No real point selling it for another falcon as i will not only end up in the same position 4 or 5 years down the track, but i'd also loose 25-20K if i was to upgrade to something like a XR8. I've slowly convinced myself that from here on i will have no attachment to a car. The plan is to change my future cars over every 3/4 years with 3/4 year old cars that have already taken their huge depreciation hits..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #42
XRated
Shoot.

Hmm I like the idea of keeping my ED hack, but I think when I move out and have an apartment towards the city there'll be no room for it (I plan to get an XR5T, Audi S3, Golf GTi etc). Plus it is costing me too much money!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 01:05 AM   #43
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Not unless the "House Treasurer" opens the vault for an FPV....though if I manage to land a position with a car allowance I may not have to....
Hopefully I'll be able to convince the "House Treasurer" of the outstanding benefits of the 'big' Difillipo system, closely followed by the tune etc..
Seriously though, the whole plan to the BA was to keep it for 10 odd years, lets see what Ford has in 2013 to compare?

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #44
RDJ
Starter Motor

XR8 ute with bodywork, wheels, suspension, shocks, brakes, interior, audio mods and a supercharger has got it just the way I like it... no way is it leaving for at least another 10 years...
RDJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 07:42 AM   #45
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
I will probably be looking at selling my car with in the next 12 months or so. Jacquis XR6 we plan to keep. We want to mod the crap out of it, fix up some paint blemishes, get those ROH mantis rims, and eventually give it to Jacquis son for his first car.

We would both love to get a typhoon. Probably wont be till Orion in about 08/09. I'm with GT-0733, I would LOVE an 03/04 "Terminator" Mustang. Any idea how much they're going for in the states now bud?

i've been watching those on ebay to get an idea. the cobras are fetching between 26-30k US depending on milage. way better value than the Mach1 (being passed in at 25k) which missed out on independant rear and s/charger.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 07:45 AM   #46
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
The residual amount is known. But I thought that maybe I could bargain with the lease company as it is a V8 and they may have trouble selling it.

FF

sell it privately(sp). i don't know of a single person who didn't make money selling their ex lease car :voldar02:
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #47
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I can't see me keeping it for 10 years, but for the short term definately. Even with being offered a company car recently, this is the first car I have had that I do not want to get rid of.
Old 13-05-2006, 10:31 AM   #48
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I just got myself a Focus MK2 through a novated lease. I'll be buying it at the end I think. Its the first car I've ever owned. My previous Laser was actually my mum's car which I got to "own" but not on paper. The Focus is my daily driver cause well.. its my only car :P

I would like to get a classic mini though and work on it when my financial situation and knowledge allows.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #49
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll have this car for another 2 years- then it will become the wife's. Then when it's time for my new car to become the wife's - if I have a big enough shed I'll keep it to play around with (it'll be worth nothing to sell). Maybe even use it as a daily driver. But by that time, petrol will probably cost $15 / litre and I'll be living on Mars :
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #50
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
I'll have this car for another 2 years- then it will become the wife's. Then when it's time for my new car to become the wife's - if I have a big enough shed I'll keep it to play around with (it'll be worth nothing to sell). Maybe even use it as a daily driver. But by that time, petrol will probably cost $15 / litre and I'll be living on Mars :
You won't be able to get to MARS..........aviation / rocket fuel will be priceless by then and we'll all be visiting our local Museums to get a look at the "dedicated fossil fuel" vehicles. ENJOY NOW while petrol is so "cheap"..... :yeees:

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #51
SVR73
Mr Polish

No way I am getting rid of my ultra reliable 98 AU XR VCT, only just run in 74,000 km's and body virtually perfect and perfect interior
Taken a good look at alot of new cars lately and some are like throw away toy cars and the styling is plain to say the least

Wish I still had my XA coupe though.
Old 15-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #52
Mustang Dave

Doesn't everybody want a Mustang? :eclipsee_
Mustang Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #53
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Mustang owners are privileged aren't they........a sexier FORD has never graced this earth. You'd have to be to get rid of one.

Like a good woman......keep for life

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #54
alesia
Banned

I will be keeping my 67 XR until i die , the thought of someone else driving around in my car and calling it their own.... irritates me so much and thats just the thought lol.
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #55
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I'll be keeping my EA for at least 2 years still, I wanna get something newer possibly a BA or something next, I don't know if i'll keep the EA as a daily (will be on gas) or sell it, but I reckon i'll keep it because by then i'll be pretty attatched to it!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #56
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my sprint aint worth keeping thats why im selling it.... i ride now. no good to me sitting around in the carport
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #57
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dave
Doesn't everybody want a Mustang? :eclipsee_
No!

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #58
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I have a short attention span with my cars but I'll be keeping my Fiesta until my finance catches up with the market value at least.

I still want a toy though. I keep eyeing off the Fiat 124 Sport that's for sale down the road. That's the kind of car worth keeping for some time.