Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Fiesta St 2006

Fiesta ST
Bold and aerodynamic, the Fiesta ST is rally-bred through and through – with exceptional roadholding and breathtaking performance directly inspired by the ultimate performance Fiesta, the Super 1600 Rally Car. With a powerful 2.0 litre 150 PS Duratec petrol engine plus lowered and modified suspension, sports-tuned steering and close-ratio gearbox, all riding on unique ST design 17” 11-spoke alloy wheels, this is performance Fiesta driving at its most exciting.

Fiesta ST – from £13,595

Key features additional to Zetec

* 2.0-litre 150 PS Duratec engine
* Unique ST design 17" 11-spoke alloy wheels
* Lowered and stiffened sports suspension
* Uprated braking system
* Sports-tuned steering
* Performance exhaust system
* ST-branded partial leather and performance fabric sports front seats
* Body-coloured sports ‘aero’ kit including high-intake front grille, side skirts and rear spoiler
* Body-coloured door handles and bodyside mouldings
* Power heated, body-coloured door mirrors
* Unique sports gear knob and ST leather-wrapped steering wheel
* ST scuff plates, metal pedals and silver-effect door pulls
* Stereo CD/radio with remote audio controls, six-disc in-dash CD-autochanger
* ’Quickclear’ heated front windscreen
* Alarm – Thatcham Category 1
* Available with 2.0-litre 150 PS Duratec petrol engine
* Available as three door bodystyle only

And its NOT coming here !!!!

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Its probably not coming because the XR5 is here. Sounds good though. I might take one but only if I couldnt get the XR5.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Looks very good. Love how the bumper doesn't have round reflectors like the lesser new models. I would have definitely given it a chance when I was looking to get one!

However, that price sounds very steep. Would never make it here unless it was much cheaper.

I think it would handle much better then the XR5T, and IMO be more fun (NA vs Turbo for torque). Remember, the XR5T isn't revvy... it has all the torque low down.

Back to price - in the UK, that price places it smack bang with the Clio 182

The 182 list price was £15.2k with Cup packs. Although to be fair the 182 is closer in spec which was £13.8k. (Was - the new 197 has been released in the UK at £15.9k). So, not sure yet if I would have had the ST.

At $27,000 - It would be sitting in my drive way right now! It is registered on the Govt's website for fuel consumption, so I assume it might be coming out! (Only time will tell)

I assume though, that Australia will miss out on this Hot Hatch. Ford have waited too long to bring it. The mk6.5 Fiesta is now out here... and the mk6 was out since 2004 (here... was out in 2002 in UK). I think Ford might wait for the mk7. Just doesn't seem worthwhile in bringing out the ST for 1.5 years.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post