Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #121
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Are the Lights still on at Ford Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stubing View Post
Try the cooled seats, like my wife's Santa Fe hybrid... feels like you're sitting in water.

AHH ... did i just wet myself?.

mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #122
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Architecture has been going down since the Parthenon.
Excepting Fallingwater, of course.

I think that speaks to car design, as well.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #123
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Sorry, wasn't meant to be personal, let me try again.

I know that a lot of people praise the height and "driving position" of SUVs and 4WDs. Certainly, for those who are vertically challenged (like my youngest daughter) the improved vision may well be a big factor. It's not for me.

I also note that some males, like BIG vehicles, just for their size. I certainly need one to accommodate my height and increasing girth, but exterior dimensions aren't that important.

Overall, I don't believe that there is anything inherently superior in the comfort or driving position of SUVs, 4WDS, or Trucks. In point of fact, if we consider that many modern "SUVs" are nothing more than FWD passenger vehicles underneath, I would argue that the increased height and weight are detrimental.
I fit quite nicely in my Fiesta, lots of room around me, nice and snug fit in the Recaro seats, probably don't need to wear a seatbelt

Get a lot of Ranger and VDJ79 Land Cruiser types trying to intimidate me on the road up my *** so closely they might as well as pull my hair.

I pretty much concur with your statements, why I'm anti SUV they're usually just taller, heavier variants of the smaller platform they're based on.

You see it on the dash cam compilations every month, there's usually always an SUV on its side or upside down - taller, heavier, combine it with no standards for replacement automotive components in Australia and a market chock full of cheap chinese shit like tyres and you got a recipe for roll overs.

However I do quite like Chevrolet Suburban and Ford Explorer, full size SUVs - rear wheel drive, 8 cylinder or turbo options.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post