Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #10
JustBill
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Mondeo 2011 Turbo Diesel lack of power

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanM View Post
Yeah I had a car with leaky injector seals (the copper washers) and it drove fine apart from a burnt smell at times.

That wasn't what I meant by the leak back test though. That's where the internal seals on an injector are failing and too much of the fuel pressure is being lost down the leak back line.

There are other things that are easier to check first though. The leak back test requires a little investment in some parts.
Roger that.

I did take the injectors for testing and just got them back yesterday after one mechanic felt certain that the injectors were faulty. Results came back injectors are fine. They were cleaned up new copper washes fitted and placed back in the car, No change to the power. This is becoming Trial and Error and becoming expensive. I'm baffled why 3 different mechanics physically inspected it and none can solve the issue.

PS: A symptom i haven't mentioned yet,,,,, when accelerating the rev gauge pulsates around 50-100 rpms. it pulsates up/down every 1 second looking at my watch. When using cruise control driving on level ground (no acceleration needed) rev gauge is steady. You can't hear the revs nor feel it, it's that minor.

And still no codes nor engine light popping up.

Last edited by JustBill; Today at 08:34 AM.
JustBill is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post