Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2023, 11:37 PM   #1
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: VE Commodore Front Structure

Used to wreck these from home when they were new, (you couldn't buy parts from Holden for the first 18 months ) very easy to drop the whole nose off in 1 hit, pop the bumper off and headlights out and just unbolt the rad support ( Rad support with bar reinforcement, washer bottle etc) the radiator and air con will sit there on the crossmember, the Calais headlights are different from the standard and there are 2 types, 1 has the standard globe the other has the projector, the bonnet mould will fit a standard omega bonnet, grille and front bar are Calais, Statesman type set up.

Looks like a high hit, I would say the rails will be ok.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2023, 11:58 PM   #2
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Used to wreck these from home when they were new, (you couldn't buy parts from Holden for the first 18 months ) very easy to drop the whole nose off in 1 hit, pop the bumper off and headlights out and just unbolt the rad support ( Rad support with bar reinforcement, washer bottle etc) the radiator and air con will sit there on the crossmember, the Calais headlights are different from the standard and there are 2 types, 1 has the standard globe the other has the projector, the bonnet mould will fit a standard omega bonnet, grille and front bar are Calais, Statesman type set up.

Looks like a high hit, I would say the rails will be ok.
5 years behind the parts counter at Holden, I'm pretty confident in backing the advice from this bloke
Old 21-04-2023, 05:50 AM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Good info, thanks. These are were projector lamps, right?
There’s just a slight misalignment where the NSF guard meets the screen pillar, it’s kicked out maybe 3-4mm if that; why I think the left rail is pushed down just a little. Sounds like bar and lower grille will be the hardest parts to source. Any real differences in radiator/condenser quality across the market (assuming both need replacement)?

It’s 2010 by the rego, is that a Series 2?

Insurance is a good thing, I think a lot more people are skimping on it now though. This fellow is not a leaner, he’s still paying his way well past when many of us have ceased work - or even life. But, yes, he would have been 100% better off with cover.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: