Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #31
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusiverunner
I have just been knocked back applying for a job at Woolies. In the IT Division based at Parramatta and the lame excuses they give for turning me down.

Wat was the lame excuse?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #32
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Their IT helpdesk are the second most unhelpful bunch of people I have to deal with.
Only surpassed by the "Supermarket Helpdesk". Apparently there are only 2 of them answering the phones for every store in the country.

90% of our bakery products now come in frozen, salads in produce and deli are prepacked.
In our store none of the staff will eat any bread cooked instore because the baker is the most disgusting, filthy excuse for a person we know.

Yes well doesnt surprise me. My sister is working for woolies as we speak
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #33
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

I work for woolies. And its been great all the managers at my store are laid back and easy to get along with and have fun with the staff.
The salads obviously come in pre-packed (fresh cuts) due to the fact they are washed, and why the hell would we pack 30 odd lines of diff salads etc.
I work early morning set-up for produce and it is soooooo easy nowadays with prepacked and the black crates we have, the pay is extra good aswell.
Old 17-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #34
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

On a side note is paramatta the place where all call centres are located? It just seems to be most major telemarketing and collection divisions (i know GE's was) seem to be located in that area along with alot of other major call centres.
Old 17-04-2006, 12:24 PM   #35
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I bought a pre-packed salad for lunch one day while at work, and found a ИИИИroach in it. I made a complaint in writing as I was told to do by the produce manager, so that it would go to Mrs Crockets for them to know about, and the store manager threw it in the bin.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #36
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mmm the proxy should be blocking this site, will have to look into that tommorow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Nah not at all. I work at the Coles D.C in Melb (getting paid $35 p/h to sit here on the forums) and we are busier than ever. More stores opening up all the time.
Old 17-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #37
chief
FTF Club Moderator

If you want the benifits of working for woolies without working for woolies look for a job with Dick Smith Electronics, Dan Murphy's, BWS, Tandy, Caltex - I believe. They are owned by woolies so you get the same benifits as them. Mate works at Dan Murphy's.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #38
EL8TED
It all counts

work for coles instead. I do and love it. As out numbered as I am .. they are far better in all areas over Wollies. Ask any1 who's ever worked for both or left Coles for Woolies. I'm not very sure about the east coast region, but I know in the SA/NT region, Coles is da ИИИИ.

Damn ppl in the DC .. If only you could pick the right stock for the right roll cages, we don't even get the right stuff from the right categories!! grrr.
Old 17-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #39
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Mmm the proxy should be blocking this site, will have to look into that tommorow
Go for it, I was on my laptop : Which one you at?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #40
bessxg
Bundy on

Ahh working for big companies, mere pawns in their game, refer to you as a number. :
bessxg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 09:30 AM   #41
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank goodness we have Franklins here in NSW. Cheaper prices than all of them and better quality generics. Franklins is in-the-face competition for them unlike Aldi because it has the whole range of goods. Australian Consumer Association surveys have always shown that Franklins have the lowest prices.Woolworths and Coles don't mind Aldi because it has a limited range and then people go and 'top up' at the other supermarkets. The biggest scam is the fuel 'discount' vouchers that people fall for like suckers, not realising that the prices in the supermarket are higher to cover the cost of the petrol. Also the mini supermarket at the servo has maximum prices so one impulse purchase at the servo wipes out the petrol 'saving'.

Use your buying power to bring prices down - shop at Franklins or Aldi.
Old 18-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #42
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
Thank goodness we have Franklins here in NSW. Cheaper prices than all of them and better quality generics. Franklins is in-the-face competition for them unlike Aldi because it has the whole range of goods. Australian Consumer Association surveys have always shown that Franklins have the lowest prices.Woolworths and Coles don't mind Aldi because it has a limited range and then people go and 'top up' at the other supermarkets. The biggest scam is the fuel 'discount' vouchers that people fall for like suckers, not realising that the prices in the supermarket are higher to cover the cost of the petrol. Also the mini supermarket at the servo has maximum prices so one impulse purchase at the servo wipes out the petrol 'saving'.

Use your buying power to bring prices down - shop at Franklins or Aldi.
We use to have Franklins, then they turned into Bilo i think?? Woolworths is CRAP, we only shop at Coles :thebirds:
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #43
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Worked for woolies in their new head office for a while. They had a party for the opeing of the new building. Guest of Honour was Pamela Anderson
droooooool
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #44
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL8TED

Damn ppl in the DC .. If only you could pick the right stock for the right roll cages, we don't even get the right stuff from the right categories!! grrr.
Yeah DC for groceries are pretty pathetic, they do the same, put the wrong stuff on mixed up roll cages.
AndDC for produce is hopeless aswell, somehow we lost 3 whole pallets of stock, just mysteriously went on the truck and dissappeared (we had the truck to ourselves, and all the codes on the lock were correct.) Go figure.
Old 18-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #45
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am at Mulgrave, I was only kidding. I have nothing to do with that side of things, the guys in DC's are normally good blokes. Great to help them out every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Go for it, I was on my laptop : Which one you at?
Old 18-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #46
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
We use to have Franklins, then they turned into Bilo i think?? Woolworths is CRAP, we only shop at Coles :thebirds:
BiLo IS Coles under another name Shockwave! One of the problems is that Coles is very aggressively opening stores to block competition (using either the Coles or BiLo brand plus the service station con-job) and that is not good news price-wise and quality-wise for consumers. BTW that includes pushing out independent servos that used to have an influence on keeping prices down. If you support Coles (or Woolworths) you are ultimately supporting all of us having to pay more in the long-term.
Old 18-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #47
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

I used to work at a Tuckerbag. The plastic bags had this rubbish written on the side of them:
"Rule 1 - The customer is always right
Rule 2 - If the customer is wrong, refer rule 1"

It didn't mention rule 3, that the customer is always drug ИИИИИИИИИ and trying to steal sh**. I worked at the old Frankston Tuckerbag (now Dan Murphey's) and it used to get all the freaks that couldn't be bothered walking to Jewel's. They could have had the slogan: "Frankston Tuckerbag - A diamond in the rough"

Shockwave, Franklins all became Foodworks didn't they?
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #48
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I work and shop at IGA. Not Ritchies IGA though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #49
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
I am at Mulgrave, I was only kidding. I have nothing to do with that side of things, the guys in DC's are normally good blokes. Great to help them out every now and then.
Thank god for that :Up_to_som We need all the help we can get.lol
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #50
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

We've just had 280 hours cut from our store, supposedly until the end of the financial year.
Coincidence that Corbett is retiring with a 25 million dollar package?

Everyone who has holidays accumulated is being pressured to take a week or two in the next few weeks, and no sickies or holidays are being replaced by other workers.

I think everyone should shop elsewhere, at least for the rest of the financial year.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 21-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #51
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
We've just had 280 hours cut from our store, supposedly until the end of the financial year.
Coincidence that Corbett is retiring with a 25 million dollar package?

Everyone who has holidays accumulated is being pressured to take a week or two in the next few weeks, and no sickies or holidays are being replaced by other workers.

I think everyone should shop elsewhere, at least for the rest of the financial year.
The more people shop elsewhere the more they will cut the budget. Working for the ones you aren't allowed to mention is no different. Our front end budget gets cut weekly and full/part timers are rarely replaced,only casuals are replaced and with a younger/cheaper one if possible. Tha last twelve months has seen a push for all outstanding holidays to be taken and no accrual of more than two weeks over your annual 4. Abuse by the customers happens on a daily or hourly basis. Our store manager is a hard-ar$$e when it comes to budgets and recently some of my friends expressed relief when it was announced another store would open closer to them. It was short lived when I said the manager from ours was transfering to the new store. Same long lines. Same 5hit different day.
Old 21-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #52
muppet

Why do store managers think that cutting the budget and haveing less staff is saveing them money . I will never set foot in bunnings again after walking up to pay for my stuff and there was 10 workers standing at the checkouts and only one serveing the 15 people standing in line. I went up to one of them and asked if they where going to open another regester and without a word to me she walked over to the last guy in line and asked him to go to the other regester and she would serve him even though there was a 70 year old couple in front of him that she should have asked first . I just put my stuff on the counter in front of her and said I will never come in here again and walked out. Out of the 10 people there was only 2 of them that could do checkout that is just bad management. If I ever have to wait for a long time at a supermarket I will not ever go there again because it tells me that the management are not doing their job properly and serving their customers so they loose my buisness. Not that they would care anyway but hay if you dont like the service dont shop there.
Old 21-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #53
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Yeah I work there... pays the bills thats all that matters. Better than shopping at Aldi, i'll never be caught in that ИИИИИhole again
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #54
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
If I ever have to wait for a long time at a supermarket I will not ever go there again because it tells me that the management are not doing their job properly and serving their customers so they loose my buisness. Not that they would care anyway but hay if you dont like the service dont shop there.
You musn't go to many supermarkets then.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #55
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb
I'm a shareholder in Woolies and bought shares at the float price of $2.45 I love the company. GO ROGER GO
I did that to.

I also worked for Roger. He couldnt organise a root in a brothel.

I worked for the jokes for 5yrs, they have a policy of promoting people who are of the same sexual persuasion as senior store managers and group managers and also look favorably on people who don't know the meaning of 'effective management'

Oh well, it was a good place to shop, i mean work ;)

late night shopping means something COMPLETLY DIFFRENT

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #56
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw

Oh well, it was a good place to shop, i mean work ;)

late night shopping means something COMPLETLY DIFFRENT
lol i no what u mean sorry to bring up and old thread and definently the best was the forklifts....lmao i remem dropping one off the leveing platform....lol and just walked away didnt even bring it back up and we got a new one the next day
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #57
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Roger doesn't do much. It's his PA's that do the work. Even his PA, has their own PA.

I must say it wasn't too bad working today though. Closed until 1pm, so we wore whatever we wanted, turned the music up loud, made a mess with boxes and rubbish all over the place, and generally mucked around until the store opened.
Then the afternoon staff came in and the rest of us went to lunch, then home at 2pm!

Old 26-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #58
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we did that once with the radio cause the satellite was down, someone brought one of those bands, System of a down or something with swearing and well customers didnt like it some did
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post