Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Default Sunroofs

My XR8's got a sunroof, however it doesn't work. Wont open, wont even budge. i also think that one of the seals may not be 100% because i occasionally get a tiny bit of water on.
Where can i get this fixed and how much will it cost me?

I'm in no hurry, due to $$$, it's not a major thing, and were getting into winter. so it wont be open that much

Cheers

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

there are a number of sunroof places about, check the yellow pages...

is it the factory sunroof or an aftermarket one? check for fuses to see if its blown a fuse...

it wont be a dodgy seal, as they arent overly tightly sealed, what it will be is one or all of the drainage tubes will be blocked..... - this is whats wrong with my sunroof, have to get it fixed one day

around the opening of the roof is like a tray, and off this is tubes going down the A and C pillars to allow the water to drain out when it rains....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Checked all fuses there fine.
By the looks of it it's a factory item

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 22-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
LTDHO
The one and only

It may have leaked with the previous owner and they may have used silicone to seal it!
Do you here any motor noise at all.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

I know for a fact that the previous owner wouldn't do something like that. If he did i would severly hurt him (previous owner was my brother), lol.
When i press the button i hear a clicking sound from around the dash/fuse area. Which has got me thinking it's a relay or something along those lines

Mr Super Skid-Man