Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #4021
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Seekers earworm.
Quote:
This could be
Our brass galah
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #4022
.:4:.
Kicking back

Lack there of instructions.
So i recieved a guard roller today. Reason behind my buying it was my brother taxi'd the guards on his au as he lowered a bit too far. So his idea of hammering it out, thats a massive no from me. Golfball guards and craked paint an subsequent rust, yeah nah.
So never rolled a guard in my life, but i know you want to use a heat gun to soften the paint and a roller to be sympathetic to the metal and stuff, so start easy and work it in.
The roller came in bits. The sheet had pictures but no info. It had washers and screws, a keyring a castle nut and a split pin.
So im kind of happy i put it together myself as opposed to butting heads with my brother doing it. We do not end arguments with words.
The keyring was the main noggin scratcher, but i worked it out. Seriously, dont put a sheet of what something tgat comes in bits should look like without some form of anything.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2021, 10:58 AM   #4023
slowsnake
Banned

Don't you just hate it when a coach (male) who teaches karting here in WA, keeps his job and accreditation to work with children after being caught "sexting" a 14 year old girl.

He was reported by the girls father and after 3 months, Karting WA informed him no further action will be taken!

I would of cracked him if it was my kid!.....
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #4024
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
It's not blowing cool air at all. Compressor isn't running and can't see anything in the sight glass. It wouldn't surprise me if there were low/no gas on top of anything else.

I will give it a tap and see what happens
Follow up. I checked the fuse, swapped the relays, and gave it a tap. It seems the compressor is dead or at least the clutch. I will have to get someone to have a look at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Sounds like a roof restoration job is needed for you, I just had my roof done and very pleased with the result.
I was looking at it the other day and seems like that is yet another job to add to my list when on leave
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-12-2021, 12:00 AM   #4025
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

****en Foxtel. I emailed them saying they still haven't sorted ****. They auto emailed me back saying it was closed.

So I replied that it was not closed and I still have problems. They auto emailed me back saying it was closed.

I'm prepared to to go through the complaints process up to TIO if I have to. **** these ****s
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2021, 12:07 PM   #4026
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
****en Foxtel. I emailed them saying they still haven't sorted ****. They auto emailed me back saying it was closed.

So I replied that it was not closed and I still have problems. They auto emailed me back saying it was closed.

I'm prepared to to go through the complaints process up to TIO if I have to. **** these ****s

Trust me, they are busy...constantly hounding me to upgrade or swap boxes...leave me alone
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2021, 07:36 PM   #4027
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Work Christmas do's! Hate them with a passion. I spend all day with these people, why would I want to spend my evening with them too!

Aren't I a nice person!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2021, 10:29 PM   #4028
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Treat yourself to one of these and people won’t seek to occupy your Friday nights.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2021, 10:39 PM   #4029
Kicking back

Au falcons. I do like them, but i was doing a favour and working on one today. They are battlers, and this ute was an ex forestry commission car, it fought me hard. Nothing broke, but you shouldnt need to have a breaker bar as a go to.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #4030
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Treat yourself to one of these and people won’t seek to occupy your Friday nights.
Or a "Willy warmer" especially in a northern hemisphere Chtistmas party.....
Old 12-12-2021, 11:38 AM   #4031
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I took a tumble last night.

This is what I wrote on FB

OK so I had a couple of drinks last night at the RSL where our loser table did very mediocre at the Trivia Night.

On arriving home I tripped on the steps and fell into the lounge room floor, just missing the land mine that Miss Penny lays whenever she is left home alone. Paula showed a passing concern and asked if I had hit my head. No doubt she was worried that my handsome good looks may have met with a terrible catastrophe.

In the end, Miss Penny tried to give me mouth to mouth so I couldn't lay there and try and soak up some more sympathy and a cuppa and piece of cake.
I'm sore today but nothing that a few hours in the recliner snoozing with the television on won't fix.

Is the cricket on? That'll send me to sleep really fasterer.

Oh, and you know can't stop laughing at this photo.

Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 11:45 AM   #4032
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Oh dear, where do we start? Have a seat.

It’s clear that none of this was your fault. Has the step acted in a threatening way towards you before?
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #4033
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like you're drinking water anyway.
Old 14-12-2021, 03:24 PM   #4034
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hate is the right word for this.
My best mate (for over 50 years) was undergoing chemo for Pancreatic cancer.
He'd already fought and beaten Prostrate and Bowel cancers.
He went to see his doc yesterday and it looks like the chemo has been a waste of time.
There's now several tumours in his liver.
It just ain't fair!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #4035
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Sorry for all involved; that’s just rotten.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 07:30 PM   #4036
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Dumb and Dumber, AKA “me” today.

Pulling out a strut, one top mounting nut stuck in the socket. So I shake the tool a bit. Nut leaves the socket, plip-plink-plop and bounces out of sight in the engine bay. I carefully checked underneath and it hasn’t fallen through.

Now… I’ve got a pretty good ear for noises and figured if I tried to replicate the drop while watching it, I should find the missing nut by tracking the sounds as it bounced.

First try, no go; it falls straight through.

Second try, correct sequence of noises then the mongrel thing bounces clean out of sight! So for now I’ve lost both my nuts. Then both torches went flat! I’m hopeful of finding the fasteners tomorrow.
7 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 07:48 PM   #4037
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Dumb and Dumber, AKA “me” today.

Pulling out a strut, one top mounting nut stuck in the socket. So I shake the tool a bit. Nut leaves the socket, plip-plink-plop and bounces out of sight in the engine bay. I carefully checked underneath and it hasn’t fallen through.

Now… I’ve got a pretty good ear for noises and figured if I tried to replicate the drop while watching it, I should find the missing nut by tracking the sounds as it bounced.

First try, no go; it falls straight through.

Second try, correct sequence of noises then the mongrel thing bounces clean out of sight! So for now I’ve lost both my nuts. Then both torches went flat! I’m hopeful of finding the fasteners tomorrow.
If you threaten to castrate the car, you may just get your nuts back!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 09:21 PM   #4038
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Moral of the story: Clutch inspection ports have covers for a reason.
One recovered, had I possessed more brain cells I’d have paint marked the second nut so I would know which has now been found.
7 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #4039
Kicking back

Hmmmm, so i dropped my brother off to one of his colleagues houses on saturday to go to a work function. He rocked around to my house yesterday because he lost his phone. So yeah, we checked my car as thats kind of a logical place to start. But nah, its not there. I called it and it still rang.
Issue, well there's two. He works part time, thats one, and his employer doesn't own homing pigeons.
So my brother is technology retarded, so he still has an adress book. So, that means i have to do the dirty and rock up to his house unannounced and take him to get a new phone and then get his phone number transferred. I'll be paying, and thats not because im a nice person, thats just so my mum doesn't. So its sort of me being nice to mum, but my brothers 40 years old for ****s sake and can't sort his life out.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 10:30 PM   #4040
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Hmmmm, so i dropped my brother off to one of his colleagues houses on saturday to go to a work function. He rocked around to my house yesterday because he lost his phone. So yeah, we checked my car as thats kind of a logical place to start. But nah, its not there. I called it and it still rang.
Issue, well there's two. He works part time, thats one, and his employer doesn't own homing pigeons.
So my brother is technology retarded, so he still has an adress book. So, that means i have to do the dirty and rock up to his house unannounced and take him to get a new phone and then get his phone number transferred. I'll be paying, and thats not because im a nice person, thats just so my mum doesn't. So its sort of me being nice to mum, but my brothers 40 years old for ****s sake and can't sort his life out.
NO.....
Old 14-12-2021, 10:31 PM   #4041
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Don't you just hate it when a coach (male) who teaches karting here in WA, keeps his job and accreditation to work with children after being caught "sexting" a 14 year old girl.

He was reported by the girls father and after 3 months, Karting WA informed him no further action will be taken!

I would of cracked him if it was my kid!.....
That's disgraceful. He would disappear and never be found if it was my kid.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 10:32 PM   #4042
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Hate is the right word for this.
My best mate (for over 50 years) was undergoing chemo for Pancreatic cancer.
He'd already fought and beaten Prostrate and Bowel cancers.
He went to see his doc yesterday and it looks like the chemo has been a waste of time.
There's now several tumours in his liver.
It just ain't fair!
That's rough man! I hope things start improving for him.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #4043
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
That's disgraceful. He would disappear and never be found if it was my kid.
What bothers me is that he is working still at the same karting track he met the young girl
The mind boggles, it really does, surely every parent there could band together and just walk him off track, the back way, so he has a fear of coming back again.
Don't get it, if it was my daughter and he did it to her he would be sucking from a straw for 6 months, that's at a minimum, how do these maggots get away with it
Old 15-12-2021, 10:10 AM   #4044
slowsnake
Banned

Don't you hate it when you are sitting down to morning coffee watching the morning news and suddenly no power?
They don't warn you around here, just goes off, and can't hear any sirens so not an accidental power outage?
Once upon a time a letterbox drop was par for the course, just as a courtesy but not anymore, I have to phone Western Power and ask what and when and approximately what time it will come back on?

Geez I hate that
Old 15-12-2021, 10:11 AM   #4045
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What bothers me is that he is working still at the same karting track he met the young girl
The mind boggles, it really does, surely every parent there could band together and just walk him off track, the back way, so he has a fear of coming back again.
Don't get it, if it was my daughter and he did it to her he would be sucking from a straw for 6 months, that's at a minimum, how do these maggots get away with it
Was he reported to the kart track owner - or the police ?? If it was the latter then surely the phone/camera evidence would warrant charges...
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2021, 10:20 AM   #4046
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
Was he reported to the kart track owner - or the police ?? If it was the latter then surely the phone/camera evidence would warrant charges...
The girls father got onto it by accident when he noticed a change in his daughter, she told him what was happening, he videoed her phone as he was texting her, went to police and Karting WA, took 3 months to investigate him, and found he'd done nothing wrong, but this poor girl still karts and has to see this maggot at the track, he helps all the "young kids" to sort their karts out for free!
Will see if I can find a link and put it up here!
Old 15-12-2021, 10:32 AM   #4047
slowsnake
Banned

Can't put up the link to predator kart racer and coach, need to be subscribed and I aint!

But Google " Karting Predator allowed back " its in WA but his name is Thomas Sparkes.

Regards Billy.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 06:19 AM   #4048
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Fleabay, emailing for “product reviews” when they haven’t verified receipt of the item. I also uploaded a picture of a wild bunny.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 09:28 AM   #4049
slowsnake
Banned

Got to agree CB, my recently bought alternator is a good example, after receiving and fitting said item I like to "run" it for a week before I review it, I was pushed and cajoled ( unsuccessful ) I might add.
But it fitted and charged and arrived early etc, etc but I want to write a review after its been operational for awhile, not the day it is delivered and still in the box!

I did notify them by email it had arrived " thank you " which I dident have to do, but it all a mechanical computer run process!
I am being questioned by an automated process!
Old 16-12-2021, 09:47 AM   #4050
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
That is truly tragic but this type of thing happens more often than most people believe. I do not have children of my own (yet) but if a predator ever tried to involve themselves with my 6 year old nephew (my oldest nephew), there wouldn't be a place on Earth they could hide from me.