Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-11-2021, 08:46 PM   #1
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Default Re: Used car prices

My brother purchased a MY12 VE SS-V Redline sedan with manual box in 2013 ex-demo for $37.7k. He just sold the same car this week for $37.5.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-7450790/?Cr=3

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
My brother purchased a MY12 VE SS-V Redline sedan with manual box in 2013 ex-demo for $37.7k. He just sold the same car this week for $37.5.

I came across this one a while back during my casual browsing and thought it looked like a good deal.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2021, 10:59 PM   #3
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I came across this one a while back during my casual browsing and thought it looked like a good deal.
Never crashed or thrashed. And my Richardhead brother does not have much of a life outside of work so genuinely low mileage. Reason for recent VIC number plates is he lived in Perth until 2019 so car had WA plates from new until his move.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-11-2021, 12:23 AM   #4
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Picked up an FG XT in lightning strike today, country car owned by 1 family since 2012 and serviced by a mechanic in the family.
Done a few k's and needs a couple of things like drivers seat base foam and power mirror switch but apart from that in real tidy condition, no diff bush noise, trans smooth.
Picked it up for $4k.

Brought it home, detailed it and gave the headlights a resto.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2021, 05:04 PM   #5
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post

Still the worst car Holden ever made, such junk. The interior of my R8 was falling apart with rattles everywhere at 60,000km.
Old 19-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #6
bb_zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Still the worst car Holden ever made, such junk. The interior of my R8 was falling apart with rattles everywhere at 60,000km.
We just got rid of or VF SV6 Wagon...the drive is woeful in these things.

The GM V6 engine torque is basically either on or off, it doesnt have the smooth power delivery that the Barra does.

The Auto felt and drove like the old 4/5 speed Ford ones did, thumping into gear rather than the smooth change you expect. The only thing going for them is the interior is modern and thats about it.

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2021, 01:30 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
We just got rid of or VF SV6 Wagon...the drive is woeful in these things.

The GM V6 engine torque is basically either on or off, it doesnt have the smooth power delivery that the Barra does.

The Auto felt and drove like the old 4/5 speed Ford ones did, thumping into gear rather than the smooth change you expect. The only thing going for them is the interior is modern and thats about it.
We have one as a company car - the VF SV6, the killer is how doughy the throttle is mapped, then it has no torque under 4500 RPM, the pedal does nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing then its like now we're going, its like it has a huge dead zone.

Plus how slow the trans is to react to your throttle inputs, I reckon its a combination of the throttle mapping taking ages to react to your inputs and then the lack of torque making it worse.

My solution is get stuck into it everywhere

Its a shame because aside from that its a great car, the stereo is a bit average though.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 05:42 PM   #8
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We have one as a company car - the VF SV6, the killer is how doughy the throttle is mapped, then it has no torque under 4500 RPM, the pedal does nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing then its like now we're going, its like it has a huge dead zone.

Plus how slow the trans is to react to your throttle inputs, I reckon its a combination of the throttle mapping taking ages to react to your inputs and then the lack of torque making it worse.

My solution is get stuck into it everywhere

Its a shame because aside from that its a great car, the stereo is a bit average though.
A lot of that would have been a calibration for fuel economy.

I have no doubt Holden engineers could have made that horrible V6 more responsive but the marketing department would have been demanding fuel economy improvements to help with fleet sales.

I know early FG's had quite urgent throttle response early on in the pedal travel, something that took me a while to acclimatize to, and something that catches others out if they jump in and drive the thing.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 10:39 PM   #9
bb_zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
A lot of that would have been a calibration for fuel economy.

I have no doubt Holden engineers could have made that horrible V6 more responsive but the marketing department would have been demanding fuel economy improvements to help with fleet sales.

I know early FG's had quite urgent throttle response early on in the pedal travel, something that took me a while to acclimatize to, and something that catches others out if they jump in and drive the thing.
As Franco and yourself said the V6 Just revs and does not move, and it sounds terrible to boot. The FG is like chalk and cheese compared to that.
My wife sometimes drives our ute and she gets a bit scared from the power sometimes, but nevertheless she dosent mind taking out every now and then.

Every time i drove it it was miserable. If we could get the VF Door Trims and parts of the Dash into the FG then it would be the perfect match.

The VF seats are also terrible...so hard that they would give me sciatica pain after 30 minutes. People critisize the FG seats....wait till you sit in VF!

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 11:53 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
As Franco and yourself said the V6 Just revs and does not move, and it sounds terrible to boot. The FG is like chalk and cheese compared to that.
My wife sometimes drives our ute and she gets a bit scared from the power sometimes, but nevertheless she dosent mind taking out every now and then.

Every time i drove it it was miserable. If we could get the VF Door Trims and parts of the Dash into the FG then it would be the perfect match.

The VF seats are also terrible...so hard that they would give me sciatica pain after 30 minutes. People critisize the FG seats....wait till you sit in VF!
The problem with the VF seats is they're too wide, the side bolstering isn't tight enough to hold you in the seat - I'm a fat bastard, if I'm flopping around in the seat and it's not holding me in the seat well then whose it made for

If you have a lower back injury it'll show up as tightness/pain in your lower back or sciatic nerve pain down the back of your legs if you're driving something without good support in the seat to hold you in nicely.

If I need a crowbar to wedge myself out of the driver's seat then that's the go

I think the only way to solve the problem with the VF is only buy the L77/LS3 variants - if it has less than 8 cylinders then pass it up

If we're whinging about the LFX Commodores imagine how crap the Alloytec pre VEII variants drive - she's no Ecotec.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-12-2021 at 12:11 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2021, 01:37 AM   #11
willo56

Quote:
Second this.. the bog standard VF SV6/SS seats are sheeit - went for a 4 + hour drive once in my old VF SS and almost needed to book a chiro at the end of it..

Ford seats have always been more comfy than holden/HSV imo , especially if u are big/tall
Previous :
1970 XYGT 351 Replica
1975 Falcon XBGS
1979 XD Fairmont Ghia 351
1982 XE Falcon Panelvan
1986 XF Falcon Ute
1988 EA Falcon
1995 EF Falcon
1997 Ford Explorer
2004 BA Falcon
2008 FG Falcon XR6 Turbo
2008 HSV VE Clubsport LS3