Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #11
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ambitious China

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I'm not a business owner so can't comment on how they do business, but yes have heard they do drive a hard bargain. Except when it comes to property, they will give you 30% over value for it

A lease that you can terminate immediately.....good luck. Who would want to take up a lease like that? If you knew your landlord can kick you out immediately, would you rent from him/her? Hence why I think these bills being introduced need to be carefully implemented. It's a bit like resource stocks. You avoid the companies that go into country where the gov can take the mine away willy nilly after you have done all the hard work. It sounds like we are putting in bills that will allow us to do just that, which is going to deter a lot of investments, maybe not from the likes of US, Canada and UK, but asia in general will be nervous. To some, that might be a good thing.
Really ending.
Is that so re 30% more - first I've heard of that for NOONE I've spoken with have quoted anything as such, you'd think they would for its a nice outcome if so, business owners and their private premise's and employees have never mentioned this.
I'm guessing its 30% more when the CCP want their land for development - you need to be more specific if possible.
Regards my mention of a "lease" - I'm not talking about residential but our commercial business and bills as you mention, ie farming/incl mining etc to Chinese companies, well bugga that IF they don't like it, they will make hay while's the sun is shining IF they comply during the lease and rolling it on as long as they comply with what was signed off on.
As you quote, it may lose US some business, I'm all for it and I'm sure I'm not alone.
IF you support selling our "souls" to OS investors who in turn abuse the privilidge that weakens US or more so over a barrell and inturn have different rules US doing the same/similar in their turf I'm sorry

G6ET, did you hear (once again) on last nights news of China muscle tactics towards Countries that don't toe the line with them.
I can't find the press on this at this stage.
Nothing like fast advancement - the Asian century troops are marching along whilst the rest of the world is covid stalled.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: