Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2020, 03:37 PM   #31
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Coronavirus Closes 5 Hyundai Factories.

ozrunner' "Food preparation at its best but you also wouldn't want to be a baby chicken."
or a cat or dog...
Old 15-02-2020, 05:34 PM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
**Sigh** - Just curious, have you been to the real China? I'm not talking about your posh hotel room you stayed in when you last visited. Not talking about the civilised Chinese restaurants you dined in close to your posh hotel, or the 'Chinese food' you ordered as room service.

You only have to travel a couple of hours outside any of the major Chinese cities to see the real China, and the Chinese delicacies available to be purchased - if you know where to go. I have video recorded my experiences on my phone. It's disgusting - to say the least.

And yes, I have been to China. Many times.
Spot on. After spending a month in China backpacking around on my own I came back a different person.

I also got into many, MANY heated arguments with other people who said it was NOTHING like I described and had a wonderful time on their nice package deal tour where they are bused to and from the airport and wrapped in cotton wool and protected their entire trip.

Yes, of course they had a wonderful time, they never had to buy tickets for public transport, exchange money, buy their own food, arrange emergency accommodation, ask for help, catch a taxi / rickshaw / bus / train or deal with the general scamming public...

A few years ago Amanda Vanstone was based there, she did a radio interview where she says 'The Chinese are very much like us, they have barbecues on the weekend and know how to mingle and have a good laugh'...

Yeah... right. I actually emailed the radio and they read out some of what I had to say. Some called in to agree, some called in to disagree.

I compare many Mainland Chinese to the Beverly Hillbillies, where they went from poor and third world to rich and prosperous within the one generation and don't have the ability to bring their mentality into the more modern world.

Look at the many tourist videos of how they behave outside their country. They act like they have no rules or boundaries and lack even basic common sense, courtesy and compassion.

As for food. They have a great pleasure in eating still living animals with not an ounce of feeling that it's not right.

Even cooking animals while still alive and trying to keep them alive as long as possible while being cooked and even eaten.

Just last week I saw a video of a 'man' eating a pile of baby live mice. Dipping them into sauce and eating them whole while smiling to the camera.

Any normal person would never consider such an abhorrent act yet he went to a restaurant it seems that serves this 'dish'... I would have loved to have bitten a chunk out of his arm and asked him if he knew that was right or wrong.

Same place that mixed melamine powder into baby formula for goodness sake probably because melamine powder was cheaper than milk powder by the ton...

I even dated a Chinese girl for several months. The chip on her shoulder and severe superiority complex it possessed made me sick, always right, never wrong and just concerned about making money and profit above all else - at any cost.

Sorry if this offends, my boss is Chinese and nothing like what I described above (quite the opposite actually) I also acknowledge that there are many mainland Chinese that are not like described above but so many more don't do their own culture any favours.

This issue revolves around food preparation and consumption. Don't google too much into their practices, you will not like what you find and wish you could 'un-see' and 'un-hear' what they get up to there.

And just remember, most consider it 'normal'.....

Hell, one of the first doctors that tried to alert the public of Carona was arrested and charged for causing public disorder and even made to apologise. How dare he go against the status quo...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 06:57 PM   #33
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"I even dated a Chinese girl for several months. The chip on her shoulder and severe superiority complex it possessed made me sick, always right, never wrong and just concerned about making money and profit above all else - at any cost." ……….. Yellow Festiva.

How true. Not me, but my poor deluded son.
She came on a student visa, got pregnant (I asked him how that happened after we warned him about her high rent, high maintenance life that he was funding ) and now I don't know or care if she is a resident or citizen, as she has caused so much grief within the family during the break-up and custody arrangements with her arrogant attitude during the past 10 years.
She is not welcome back in China as she is the mother of a 'mongrel half breed Australian kid' who is one of the nicest kids around. He absolutely refuses to give us any info of his life with her, but always talks about what he does with his father and what he wants to do when he stays with us.
I just hope he grows up to be an Australian. Whatever that may mean in the future.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 07:03 PM   #34
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Hell, one of the first doctors that tried to alert the public of Carona was arrested and charged for causing public disorder and even made to apologise. How dare he go against the status quo...
Yep, I'm guessing you are referring to this doctor...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51403795

He is now dead. The cynic in me says it was no accident.
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Yep, I'm guessing you are referring to this doctor...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51403795

He is now dead. The cynic in me says it was no accident.
Yes, that poor soul.

Old 15-02-2020, 09:02 PM   #36
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
**Sigh** - Really?? *Shakes head* - Just curious, have you ever been to China?
My wife has. She says even the 'normal' food looked and tasted pretty horrible. Hygiene was almost non existent. She ended up eating KFC as much as possible because it was the most appetizing food she could find half the time.

I still tell her it stands for Kentucky Fried Cat over there.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 09:08 PM   #37
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
My wife has. She says even the 'normal' food looked and tasted pretty horrible. Hygiene was almost non existent. She ended up eating KFC as much as possible because it was the most appetizing food she could find half the time.

I still tell her it stands for Kentucky Fried Cat over there.
Western fast food is the saving grace in these countries for a lot of people...

At least they have a menu you are somewhat familiar with and expect there to be some minimal standards they must abide by.

2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2020, 10:08 PM   #38
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As an aside to the culinary discussion, it appears Chinese industrial output has stopped (good charts):

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...proaching-zero

Staggering. For our older members, have you ever seen anything like this in your lifetimes?
Old 15-02-2020, 10:37 PM   #39
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
As an aside to the culinary discussion, it appears Chinese industrial output has stopped (good charts):

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...proaching-zero

Staggering. For our older members, have you ever seen anything like this in your lifetimes?
Geeze......

Really puts things into perspective.

With around half a billion people in lock down their economy is doomed.

You can only imagine what is happening on the streets there....

How long before the ripple effect reaches us?

12-18 months is the prediction on a cure, it seems right now the survivors are getting over it naturally or on experimental concoctions of drugs.

I wonder what will be the end result? Much could have been averted if the government didn't act so 'Chinese'.

Government is in PR damage control... what will be supreme leader Xi Jinping's next steps???

Old 16-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #40
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I even dated a Chinese girl for several months. The chip on her shoulder and severe superiority complex it possessed made me sick, always right, never wrong and just concerned about making money and profit above all else - at any cost.
Interestingly an acquaintance of mine who is Chinese mentioned the same thing, they're being westernised but they're not picking up the good traits and are becoming profit hungry monsters, Chinese people are traditionally honourable and respectful people but it's fallen by the wayside with picking up the terrible parts of westernisation putting the mighty spondoolies above all else.

Interestingly one of my mates went to Cambodia recently and mentioned how ridiculous the Chinese people there are, they're exploiting the locals and acting holier than thou, they wouldn't take a photo for him 'me Chinese, me Chinese' - they are above everyone else

Personally I don't like their cuisine and have trust issues over how they handle food.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2020, 12:54 PM   #41
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they should totally lock Australia down right now, no one in at all then isolate & eradicate all traces in Australia.
They can spin it as much as they want but they way I see it is someone got a bug, Two Months later 66,000 people have got a bug so in another Two Months time there should be 66,000 x 66,000 = Over 4 Billion people who have got a bug.
If this keeps progressing there will be other countries locked down well before it hits 4 Billion.
Alarmist? I don't think so. What's that big white thing? I dunno, help me move these deck chairs.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #42
roKWiz
Cabover nut

If it is real, I would hate to think what it would do if it takes hold in India.

Anyone know if it has effected Tesla manufacturing in China.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2020, 01:55 PM   #43
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I think we have another 2-3 weeks to play out before it is either "under control" or it really hits the fan. But the indicators do not look good.

Very few people trust the numbers of infected, dead that are coming from the CCP.

WHO seems to be asleep at the wheel and took then over 30 days to declare a public health emergency of international concern, due to their delay scores of infected people made it overseas.

Small clusters of the virus are now in many countries.

In Japan, people on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship seem to be used as live specimens in a test lab.

UK medical professional has said there is a potential for 400,000 death in the UK (note he said potential)

More international events, conferences are being pulled.

Singapore says it worse than SARS and very likely their economy will go into recession.

Due to censorship by the CCP it is hard to get live stream videos out of China, but you can search on Twitter Wuhan Coronavirus (Videos). Some very disturbing videos

Dr. John Campbel is more factual than sensational and he paints a hard landing. https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching

Tesla suspended manufacturing for nearly 2 weeks, I think Chinese made Tesla's may not be readily accepted by the buying public
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #44
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I saw recent videos of people in China spitting and wiping saliva onto elevator buttons. WTF is that about? Hopefully not related to the virus, but if so, these people are sadistic.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2020, 09:11 PM   #45
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is Serpentza's take on Chinese wet markets, food prep, hygiene and animal treatment in a 1hr Coronavirus podcast. (Be aware, if you love animals, a couple of bits are pretty hard to watch).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5XkhUKMDM

He's a South African doctor with a Chinese wife who has made a channel about his reflections of life in China. He's got into trouble with his views at times. Also he's a motorbike enthusiast I think.

Virus info is 3 weeks ago, so things have moved on quite a bit since then.
Old 17-02-2020, 10:03 PM   #46
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I'm one of his subscribers, greatly enjoy watching Winston and C-Milk on their Chinese adventures. Didn't know he was a doctor however his Mrs certainly is.

Edit, yep, started off on China as an English teacher

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 17-02-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old 18-02-2020, 05:04 AM   #47
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well this thread quickly deteriorated into an off topic racist rant

Are the site Mods asleep?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2020, 12:13 PM   #48
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It sure did get off topic !
Old 18-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #49
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah, english teacher, OK, not a doctor then?

& yes this did get off topic. The people involved must be going through a most horrible time, and be terrified. You wouldn't wish it on anybody.

More on topic - are we seeing any other auto supply chain closures due to this? I think there was a plant in Slovakia that got idled?
Old 18-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #50
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Well this thread quickly deteriorated into an off topic racist rant

Are the site Mods asleep?
I'm not racist, I hate everyone
4 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #51
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
It sure did get off topic !
Perhaps a new thread should be started for the purpose of discussing the Corona virus while this is left to the closure of vehicle manufacturing plants closing down?

2 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2020, 11:51 PM   #52
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus..._for_products/

"The economic fallout from this is going to be life changing."

Franco's lucky his guys make things in house...

https://www.smh.com.au/business/mark...18-p5420a.html

AAPL guides lower
Old 19-02-2020, 06:05 AM   #53
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus..._for_products/

"The economic fallout from this is going to be life changing."

Franco's lucky his guys make things in house...

https://www.smh.com.au/business/mark...18-p5420a.html

AAPL guides lower
Bring on the dramas, there's a tonne of opportunity here to snatch some business back from China.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 09:18 AM   #54
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Welcome to the global ecosystem where everything is connected to everything.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...19-p5423o.html

Jaguar Land Rover 'out of parts in two weeks' as coronavirus hits production

Even though there may be redundant manufacturing facilities in China, we are now seeing what happens when redundant systems go offline at the same time and Just In Time delivery methodology have a head-on collision. I can just imagine the Corporate Risk Management experts saying "this should never happen" except it can and it has.
Old 19-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #55
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah, the JIT delivery system we were told is so efficient. Why make parts in house (as Henry did) and self stock when you can be vulnerable to supply disruptions half a planet away.

This one will become a textbook case study in business classes as well.

& yep, it's an opportunity to take business back.

Other CV news, apparently Florida has an outbreak and isn't telling the journos numbers, even though they did with Zika virus.

So, with parts beginning to run low/ run out - how does this affect local pricing of items? Say a Suby Outback, currently on runout for $39990 iirc. Not that Japan is hit by this yet, but hypothetically, if there aren't any more coming for a while, this would tend to make those available a higher price? Or will it be a firesale anyway if people are fearful and choose to delay big ticket items?
Old 19-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #56
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I had someone want modifications done on a product manufactured in China, they baulked at the cost.

China got first dibs
China did it wrong
China isn't interested in fixing it
China says you can buy another xxxx and we'll fix it
Customer approaches Franco to get them out of trouble
Customer wants Chinese price but Melbourne service
Franco says cya bro

If they paid a little more I could have the whole product done in 2 weeks, and make changes at any step of the process.

But no, buy another 4 figure quantity out of China and wait 150 days.

Sometimes it's just better to say no to something.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #57
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...ue_to_covid19/

more from reddit
Old 20-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #58
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Qantas slashes flights as coronavirus costs top $100m

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...20-p542ih.html
This user likes this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 02:36 PM   #59
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Just heard from our work PPE committee that our supplier cannot source P2 disposable masks or disposable gloves anywhere in the country.

Apparently our supplier has been approached by the Chinese suppliers offering 5 times the original purchase price to purchase the items back. The supplier has now specified a maximum of two boxes per customer as they have had folks asking for more. Apparently they are buying up as much stock as they can and are returning them to China, in a similar way to the baby formula issue.

Mate's son works at the local Kmart. They normally run 4 shifts per week to unload new supplies. This has been cut to two.

The tentacles are spreading....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #60
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

No, no.. wait a minute.., according to some folks living in their little corner of the world - with their heads firmly up their rear end, this just a "Storm in a tea cup". Something conjured up by financially struggling media apparently!

These folks would probably be the types who drive a few km's daily to work and back, and the occasional trip to the shops. Living in hole and never getting out in the real world.

Surprised that these folks didn't accuse face mask manufactures of conjuring up this virus to sell face masks by the ton.
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post