Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #31
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
It concerns him in the sense that we are as close as we are, and it may affect a lot of things and people at certain times. Kind of hard to explain. That probably doesn't help anything at all. But it's something that people are going to slowly find out, as some already have. But the people I've told are people I trust. I don't have many friends, but I pick those I do very, very carefully. Trust is a big issue and those who know what's going on I know won't say anything.

GTFPV, if by sexual nature, you mean "am I gay" or something similar, that's not it.

It is, however, something that I'm starting to realise that I need certain people to know about. Ben's someone I'm eventually going to need to know. Firstly, because it's really hard to keep anything from him, as I said, trust is an issue and something I care very deeply about. And secondly, while not expecting people to be able to help or whatever, in any way, I think it'd help me to know that he knows and that I've still got him around to, I don't know, be a mate.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is to tell him I've got something to tell him once he's over his current hurdle. That being "out of hospital, back on his feet" mainly. I went in to see him tonight and he's actually a long way behind where he's supposed to be as far as physical state. So it didn't get a mention. But that's gonna be the way I do it. It's looking like he could end up back in a wheelchair for a while, possibly back in a rehab center again, so it'll have to be well and truly after that. If it's that bad.

I'll see how he is at the end of this week, I think. If he's starting to come good, I'll let him know that I've got something to tell him. After seeing how much he deteriorated from yesterday to today, now just isn't the right time. Once he turns it around and starts to climb uphill, I'll probably let him know.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate everyones response. It really is an amazing feeling to know just how many people, especially those you've never met and probably never will meet, will take the time even just to offer some positive comments.

Thanks a lot. Really.
to me that course of action sounds spot on . good onya.

Last edited by XR6Gal; 05-04-2006 at 08:35 AM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #32
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
to me that course of action sounds spot on . good onya.
Thanks mate, but I don't think it would have been the way I'd chosen had it not been for everyone who replied here, as well as a phone call I got from one of the forum users (a big thanks to you, you know who you are) only minutes after I originally posted.

Now admit it, you thought I was gay, didn't you? :jab:

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:18 AM   #33
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

the thought of gay hadn't crossed my mind, sounds like gtfpv was hoping for a crack though :
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 12:29 AM   #34
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
Thanks mate, but I don't think it would have been the way I'd chosen had it not been for everyone who replied here, as well as a phone call I got from one of the forum users (a big thanks to you, you know who you are) only minutes after I originally posted.

Now admit it, you thought I was gay, didn't you? :jab:
the first 1/2 of the thread . i definately thought you were gay. but then i realised you were seriously concerned and then it didnt matter if you were gay or not.!! but i didnt think you were gay after reading the whole thread anyhow.
so just to set the record straight NO I DID NOT THINK YOU WERE GAY.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #35
Ringo
I see you....

I did....I thought your were 100% gay.

Woz - you can't tease - eventually your going to have to come clean with us about what this is all about.

P.S. I think the relationship b/w male firends and female friends is very different> I think guys are more tolerant and more forgiving and less sensitive unless cut lunch,$ and/or family are involved.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #36
bwhinnen

I don't know you Woz, but have read quite a few of your posts. I agree that you have to tell him, it's one of those things that will hinder your friendship until it's out in the open, no matter how bad or good it is.

The sooner you tell him the better, to me some of my friends are closer than my family and I know that I'd hate to lose or risk that friendship and this sounds like one of those friendships to me.

Personally I would tell him rather than his partner first, this could really exaserbate the issue at hand. Let him know you have the problem, and that you want him to concentrate on getting better (even though you know he'll worry about you anyway) and that when he is feeling up to it you can discuss it at length (which may be straight away for him I'd say).

Good luck mate!

Brett
bwhinnen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #37
Bluefreak

Ok so he already knows something is up... As I have no insight into what's going on, I can't offer specific advice other than the following:

I'f he already knows something isn't right then that's going to be having an adverse effect on him already... Coming clean may well do more good than harm here... Ease his mind but do it gently, think long and hard before you speak if you reckon he wont like what he's about to hear.

Good luck.
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post