Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cd player not workin right...

the double din cd player in my au2 XR6 is being a ИИИИИ..everytime i burn an audio cd it wont load the cds properly it keep spitting the cds out and i have to keep putting em' back in until it reads it! does anyone have the same problem i have? its not the cds im using ive changed the brands like 3 times and they are good brands! i'm getting a new head unit soon but i still wanna no if its the actual cd player's themselves...

cheers.!

BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If my memoery serves me, these head units are not CD-R compatible. If you are going to get another head unit soon it may be worth asking if it is compatible with CD-R's. Most modern units are now.
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
plext
Forum Director

They do play cdr's, but are very finniky about it.

I find that when mine is spitting them back out, the best way to get it to accept them is to place the burned disk in the deck, then select the next disk before the deck spits it out. Sometimes you have to select back and forth between discs a couple of times before it will play.

Overall, it's probably bloody easier to change the head unit if you want to regularly play cdr's :(
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If you use dedicated Audio CD-Rs, then you should find the problem goes away. I've never had a problem using burnt CDs in my AU1 or AU2 CD players.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #5
sirhal
Kuga TF Trend

I hvae a similar problem with my AUI Fairmont.

I always burn my audio discs at the lowest possible speed. I think it has to do with the "over burn protection" on a cd burner.

In the days before this protection, if your computer could not keep up to speed with the burning of a cd, you would create a coaster.
Now-a-days they actually stop the laser from burning, put a 2ms gap between the last lot of data and the new lot.

Therefore if you create a cd at the lowest possible speed, the overburn protection will not be inititiated and your car cd player will love you for it.

Give it a go and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers
Ty
sirhal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #6
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers pplz!
BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 03:13 AM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If you use dedicated Audio CD-Rs, then you should find the problem goes away. I've never had a problem using burnt CDs in my AU1 or AU2 CD players.
Yup , spot on , I aint had no problems either , also check the settings in your software your using to make/burn you audio cd-r's , be sure that your settings are NOT set to 'allow overburn' ! - even overburning a few seconds can cause the cd-r to play up in these head units , got half a dozen dodgy audio-cd-r's here i did that to when i first got the car, sometimes they work , sometimes they dont , the more overburnt ones are the worse though. I usually allow overburn and usually just get that extra song on a cd-r instead of having a few meg's of unwasted space, most burners allow it, most players will play overburnt cd's np , but be warned , overburning to much can ruin the cd-r alltogether and even ruin the laser head/drive system in ya burner !. I think the problem with the AU headunits is that the laser/head unit in it can only read/reach to a certian outer limit of any cd ( max 800mb ) (the laser can't move across to the very outer edge of the cd-r , in the overburnt area ).
I use cheap'o brand cd-r's , Xlogic 700mb/80min cd-r's ( get them from big w / kmart ) , no dramas with them at all , providing you don't allow overburn and stuff like 83 minutes of music on them ! - and yes it can be done with some burning software , so check ya settings . .gl ..just my 2 cents ;)

:eclipsee_

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 02-04-2006 at 03:23 AM.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #8
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my au headunit before i changed it never spat out any burnt disc.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
FJ20ET

Ive had two au2 work utes and the first one played cdrs no prob it had 40000 kms on the odometer,the second ute although identicle had 130000 ks and kept spitting out exactly the same cds,although after a couple of goes they would play.
FJ20ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post