Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-03-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

Default Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!1

hey guys, im in a pickle. id like a little bit of advice please.
an ex girlfriend owes me some money. $1600. i know its not much but its a lot too me!!!! we have an agreement (not on paper *damn damn damn bashes head repeatedly*)thats she is to pay me back each week till done. she refused to pay me and wont return any calls or msgs. Is there anything i can do to get it back? Do i have any sort of legal stand? (probily not) Or do i just forget it and kiss it goodbye? i know, i know never lend money. i lernt the hard way. Anyway any help would be great.

Old 31-03-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The first thing that comes to mind is...............Judge Judy Shiendlin.....sorry :

but im no law expert but if you lended her money while in the relationship then it wouldve been in good faith of her paying you back.

take it to court as she would need a really strong excuse for her to win.

My 2c

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 01:27 AM   #3
gtfpv
GT

shame shame . but 1600 bucks is probably a cheap lesson . (when women are involved ) imagine it was the house the kids your super and your best mate.
i'd leave it alone . probably the best $1600 you ever lost . and what goes around comes around. got any nude pics of her. i hear picture magazine pays about $500 for a good pic. or $250 for a bag girl. take it easy dude.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
Valknutr

i would say give it up, i was after a $1200 diamond ring from my ex, just gave up trying to get it back.
If you had the whole signed agreement then easy win for you, but oh well better luck next time
Old 31-03-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

it used to be 3000 but i saw some of that. i do. a couple of pics, and i have a few vids too lol
Old 31-03-2006, 01:34 AM   #6
Valknutr

vids, set them up on the net, or get the mates round and charge them $10 entry fee, and the pics.... well hell we all know what magazines are out there
Old 31-03-2006, 01:40 AM   #7
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Fella
hey guys, im in a pickle. id like a little bit of advice please.
an ex girlfriend owes me some money. $1600. i know its not much but its a lot too me!!!! we have an agreement (not on paper *damn damn damn bashes head repeatedly*)thats she is to pay me back each week till done. she refused to pay me and wont return any calls or msgs. Is there anything i can do to get it back? Do i have any sort of legal stand? (probily not) Or do i just forget it and kiss it goodbye? i know, i know never lend money. i lernt the hard way. Anyway any help would be great.
$1600 is alot of money but it doesn't look as though you'll see any of it. Without some type of an agreement on paper then I'm afraid your chances of getting it back (through a court) are hopeless. It would be a case of "word against word"

Were you together when you lent her the money or already apart? Any witness when you lent her the money?

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 01:41 AM   #8
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
vids, set them up on the net, or get the mates round and charge them $10 entry fee, and the pics.... well hell we all know what magazines are out there
Good idea although he risks ending up in court owing her money lol.
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 31-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #9
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
$1600 is alot of money but it doesn't look as though you'll see any of it. Without some type of an agreement on paper then I'm afraid your chances of getting it back (through a court) are hopeless. It would be a case of "word against word"

Were you together when you lent her the money or already apart? Any witness when you lent her the money?

Krissy
I guess your right. We were together and apart. Some of it was before the break up and after. No witnesses, the only real proof i have is same day withdrals from my account and deposits into hers. and txt msgs from her stating the fact she will pay me back.

Robert
Old 31-03-2006, 01:53 AM   #10
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hunt her down and smash her! lol : : out:

Or dress like this guy> :MrT_anim: and : something like her> :
Old 31-03-2006, 02:00 AM   #11
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

lol ive thought of that too. thanks guys for your ideas and help. Much appreiciated.
Old 31-03-2006, 02:11 AM   #12
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Juts do $1600 worth of damage to her property. Just make sure that YOU are somewhere nice and cosy, (preferably with another woman) and on video, like a night club/pub (then the woman in the video can verify your story). That'll make you feel better.

The money is gone though mate. Just don't think about the 1000's of $$$ that you spent on the B1@tch when you were together....
42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:19 AM   #13
big_waity
Windsor Man!

The way I see it, a verbal contract is as good as the money it is written on. I would be prepared to say good bye to the money. As for sending the pics to a magazine or putting vids on the net, you could get into more trouble than it is worth.
Old 31-03-2006, 02:31 AM   #14
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42.57lb
Juts do $1600 worth of damage to her property. Just make sure that YOU are somewhere nice and cosy, (preferably with another woman) and on video, like a night club/pub (then the woman in the video can verify your story). That'll make you feel better.
It will until you're moved into Bubba's cell.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:34 AM   #15
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

I dont want to meet Bubba. lol
Old 31-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #16
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
It will until you're moved into Bubba's cell.
Dude, that's what the ALIBI is for!!!

I'm sorry officer, I couldn't have smahed the windows with bricks as I was at hosie's dining with a lady friend of mine. Yes, there is a camera and yes other people can verify that. Also officer we had a night of rampant love making. Please inform that hag of this. Thanks.
42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:36 AM   #17
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42.57lb
Dude, that's what the ALIBI is for!!!

I'm sorry officer, I couldn't have smahed the windows with bricks as I was at hosie's dining with a lady friend of mine. Yes, there is a camera and yes other people can verify that. Also officer we had a night of rampant love making. Please inform that hag of this. Thanks.
lmao i wish! Nah, what i really want is my money back. i just wish she'd have enough repect as too pay it back. It is a lot and if i had lent that much i'd pay it back. Even if it was my worst enemy. Its a shame to think that over 3 years of great times amounted to this.....

Last edited by Big_Fella; 31-03-2006 at 02:49 AM.
Big_Fella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:49 AM   #18
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Fella
I guess your right. We were together and apart. Some of it was before the break up and after. No witnesses, the only real proof i have is same day withdrals from my account and deposits into hers. and txt msgs from her stating the fact she will pay me back.

Robert
Using those withdraw/deposit receipts and TXT's, if you could prove that you were not in the relationship with her at the time dated on those receipts, you may have a chance, only because the Judge may question why you would have 'lent' that amount money outside of the relationship. But, if you were together at the time, it could be viewed as an act of good faith within the boundaries of a relationship. You say she owed you more than that amount. Did she repay the other money into your account or by Cash? If you had proof of her depositing funds into your account, that would also help because again, the Judge would need to question why, after your withdrawals/deposits, you then have deposits from her, but again, it depends on what the status of your relationship was with her at the time she repayed that money (and ofcourse how it was repayed) Hope that all makes sense!

If you are intent on getting this money back, gather whatever proof that could go in your favour, call for legal advice and see where you stand or forget all about it and do not lend anyone, no matter who, any money without some type of agreement - Learn from the lesson

(Sorry to go on about it but situations like this annoy me. I've been through the same thing. Although I got all my money back)

Krissy
Old 31-03-2006, 02:56 AM   #19
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

Krissy,
The small amount i lent her when we were together she repaid soon after. i see your point, and i lernt this lesson!!! i glad to hear you got your money back, but i dont think i'll have any chance with mine. Its a shame. We had an agreement just not on paper. It could of been that new cyl. head i want lol. i might just stick with not trusting anyone for a while and never lend money again. Thanks for your help.

Robert
Old 31-03-2006, 03:20 AM   #20
bundy bruiser

I wouldn't put the pictures or vids online, you could get in trouble, I would just tell her that you're going to and it will cost the balance of the loan to get them destroyed....
just don't let anyone hear you, and have a sample pic or two..........
say you got offered money to show them or something....
some would call it blackmail, I call it debt collection.
bundy bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 04:50 AM   #21
tick5.0
Want some classic?

I had to deal with a similar thing recently and got back all of it. She did the same as you stated, refused to answer calls and sms's even on private numbers. I managed to find her new place and paid a very quick visit. Got no where with that though but the look on her face when she opened the door was priceless.

Spoke with two of her sisters and that didn't help much either. In the end threating legal action got her sister to talk with her parent's and they gave me the cash.

Took three months but there was no way I was going to let it go. You owe money, you pay it back, simple as that. Persistance is the key I feel.

I'd say try talking to relative's or friend's first then look at talking legal action. Then there are less convential method's that are questionable but can have good results and finally 42.57lb idea. If you do take legal action make a record of everything, who you spoke to and when etc.
EF II XR8, Supercharged manual *** FOR SALE ***
XC Falcon, waiting for the Clevo & C4 - Sold
AE101 Corolla, the daily - Sold
SII RX-7, original - Sold
BF II GT
Alfa Romeo 156 JTS, the new daily
Z31 300ZX Turbo
tick5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 08:04 AM   #22
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you want correct legal advice, go to the Citizens Advice Bureau. You will get to talk to a qualified legal expert .. and it's FREE.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #23
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
The method used in the movie Cruel Intentions would be a good idea. Pictures of said ex sans clothes with sound saying "You are a sl*t, You are a sl*t, over and over. Then e-mail the link to her friends and family
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 12:27 PM   #24
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

alt.binaries.girlfriends.ex
Old 31-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #25
Valknutr

i love this place for so many reasons.
Ooooh, you could make a book like the one in Cruel Intentions, get a mate to go to her work and hand it out, then watch the abuse and legal action threats come rolling in! : :gren:
Old 31-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #26
Valknutr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote
alt.binaries.girlfriends.ex
not work friendly ill add