Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #1
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Default Re: 12v vacuum cleaner

I've got a Ryobi One+ hand vacuum that I use for around the house. I occasionally use it in the car as well for a quick touch up. I use the 1.5Ah Lithium battery with it and I probably get around 5 hours / if not longer of use out of it before i recharge.

I'm happy with it.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy View Post
I've got a Ryobi One+ hand vacuum that I use for around the house. I occasionally use it in the car as well for a quick touch up. I use the 1.5Ah Lithium battery with it and I probably get around 5 hours / if not longer of use out of it before i recharge.

I'm happy with it.
The main reason I have the makita is because as a skin (no battery or charger)it was $80 and i roll with a makita drill and impact driver for work and have 3 5 amp batteries and 1 3 amper. So it's no brainer for me, all the batteries are interchangeable and I use them every day. The dust buster is something everyone's mum or grandma has always had and they do a decent job. Maybe not as well as a reputable tool brand, but for day to day.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2018, 11:26 PM   #3
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

The trouble with all the dust buster type portable handhelds is they cannot reach or get into all the nooks and crannies there are in a car's cabin.

I gave up on them long ago... Nothing beats a proper vacuum with a long flexible hose and attachments.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
The main reason I have the makita is because as a skin (no battery or charger)it was $80 and i roll with a makita drill and impact driver for work and have 3 5 amp batteries and 1 3 amper. So it's no brainer for me, all the batteries are interchangeable and I use them every day. The dust buster is something everyone's mum or grandma has always had and they do a decent job. Maybe not as well as a reputable tool brand, but for day to day.
Im just a DIY but i got a heap of Ryobi One+ Tools so it was a no brainer for me.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-07-2018, 11:43 PM   #5
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy View Post
Im just a DIY but i got a heap of Ryobi One+ Tools so it was a no brainer for me.
That's the thing. If you have multiple things that use the same battery then your batteries stay maintained. That aids in longevity
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-07-2018, 01:32 AM   #6
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A bit off track & I realise they're not to everybody's taste, but these work very well as they have a raised surround that catches all the crap & are well made/heavy duty.
https://www.motoquipe.com.au/buy/rm-...RoCgNYQAvD_BwE

Dyson have an excellent rechargeable hand held and they make a 'Çar Cleaning Kit' which works well.
https://shop.dyson.com.au/accessorie...-kit-908909-09
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

+1 for the Dyson stick vacuum.
Old 21-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #8
slowsnake
Banned

Hello,
I use 2 dollar dustpan and broom,a 2 inch paintbrush for tight spots, its not hard and cleans as good or better than a 12v plug in job, which only hold a tablespoon of dirt on the cone filter before they fail to suck anything, never mind pebbles!

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post