Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #31
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: You Cann't Text and Drive But Its Legal to Pump Breast Milk while Driving !

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
My argument; regarding the OP’s comparison, is I’m sure there’s plenty more reasons or need to pump breast milk whilst driving than texting. Pumping milk whilst driving doesn’t mean the child is in th car at the same time either. As a new father of 4.5 months now I can tell you here has been plenty of times where we’ve needed milk much more urgently than sending a text.
But in both instances you can pull over. My kid is 8 but i remember when he was young having to pull over not to express but so he could have a feed from the mrs but that part is irrelevant. With an infant people don't tend to care if you're late for that reason. I wont text or email driving as driving is a big part of my job so keeping a licence helps. I will make calls on the road as thats effectively my dead time and i can sort out issues with management but its all bluetooth. When my son was only young and after first hand seeing what the cannons are supposed to be used for i got a boat so atleast i could still say I was motor boating.....
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #32
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: You Cann't Text and Drive But Its Legal to Pump Breast Milk while Driving !

Just make sure your plug doesn't foul up.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2018, 09:57 PM   #33
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Just make sure your plug doesn't foul up.
You lost me on that one
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #34
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Now that you've bought a boat, keep having fun.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #35
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Now that you've bought a boat, keep having fun.
I've had the boat for years. Its my aquatic pimp mobile. It slays rivers and inshore oceans. And it's not mangled.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #36
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
My argument; regarding the OP’s comparison, is I’m sure there’s plenty more reasons or need to pump breast milk whilst driving than texting. Pumping milk whilst driving doesn’t mean the child is in th car at the same time either. As a new father of 4.5 months now I can tell you here has been plenty of times where we’ve needed milk much more urgently than sending a text.
What if you get a text asking where the milk is at home and you urgently need to reply. Not point pulling over if it's urgent?

If you are doing anything unusual that requires extra attention or takes your hands away for extra time then you should pull over.
Cops can and do pull people over for eat and drinking while driving.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
What if you get a text asking where the milk is at home and you urgently need to reply. Not point pulling over if it's urgent?

If you are doing anything unusual that requires extra attention or takes your hands away for extra time then you should pull over.
Cops can and do pull people over for eat and drinking while driving.
You can use Siri voice recognition to read out last text and reply.
Lots of vehicles and phones have features to avoid using your hands.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2018, 09:08 PM   #38
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
You can use Siri voice recognition to read out last text and reply.
Lots of vehicles and phones have features to avoid using your hands.
But you can't tell Siri to pump your breast milk, so I guess it's a good idea to just pull over for a little while.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post