Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #31
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Dont forget what happened after the first 2 movies. Everyone wanted under car neons and LED's in the washers. Now everyone is going to drift or attempt to drift with out having the adaquet knowledge. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more ricers written off due to this or ACA or TT does a storey on these hoons.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #32
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

I will go and watch enjoyed the first one entertaned by the second and hopfully enjoy the third .
These movies are for entertanment not anything else and yes it may get peolpe doing silly things but what car movie has not had drag racing drifting etc even the great old car movies all done this, just now the cars in these movies are not old school .

fast cars fly girls sounds like a night out for me
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #33
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

2nd one had Corvette/Mustang/Viper/etc., and old-skool Challenger/Camaro, they make it worth watching. And where the first movie featured a Supra and Honda Civics, surely we all think a LOT more of an Evo and Eclipse Spyder? I'm serious - the gold Evo with Eva Mendes over a pinky/orange Supra with Jordana Brewster ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #34
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Ok so we have Lucas Black playing "Shaun Boswell", Zachery Ty Brian playing "Clay", and I'm lead to believe Caroline de Souza Correa is playing "Isabella". Ok, so instead of going to jail this Shaun guy goes to Tokyo and gets mixed up in the underground world of drift racing. So he's clearly of high moral stature.

I think I'll see it - and hopefully enjoy the effects and action sequences; thus it may well be void of an actual story, here's hoping we atleast enjoy the visual feast.
Old 19-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #35
FAT071
Low 'N' Fat, The Only Way

What a crock of SH*T that would have to be the worst one of the lot, its all bull and there will be no good come of it.
They should ban the movie before it comes here and kills alot of inocent people from the di*khead wannabe drifting drivers that watch this movie.
BAN THE MOVIE BEFORE IT COMES TO AUSTRAILA!!
Destroyer
FAT071 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:53 PM   #36
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT071
What a crock of SH*T that would have to be the worst one of the lot, its all bull and there will be no good come of it.
They should ban the movie before it comes here and kills alot of inocent people from the di*khead wannabe drifting drivers that watch this movie.
Banning the movie is a bit harsh ...
Remember its only entertanment such as all movies like gone in 60 sec
Texas chainsaw and even mad max but I think even though I saw all these movies at least once I won't be boosting cars cutting people up with chainsaws or running peolpe down in my xa .

Even though you may have some merit in you concerns I think banning it would be a bit on the redneck side .
Ps I still will like to see the movie and maybe buy a skyline lol
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:52 AM   #37
pandaman
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS_300_Coupe
Too bad you actually cant drift FWD cars unless you are going in reverse. :

All these wannabe drifting lancers and madzas will just understeer into oncoming traffic.
Actually not true! In fact I'd say if ya wanna get all four wheels sliding (the only true form of drift), being driven by the fronts is better than the rears. Late 1980's corolla's are a good example, heavy bargearse things, but push em hard enough in a tight turn and they'll break traction on all four wheels (ИИИИty cheesecutter tyres and a complete lack of mechanical sympathy also help in that respect). Also, it's cheating really, but on dirt anything is possible! :evil3:

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:54 AM   #38
pandaman
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Dont forget what happened after the first 2 movies. Everyone wanted under car neons and LED's in the washers. Now everyone is going to drift or attempt to drift with out having the adaquet knowledge. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more ricers written off due to this or ACA or TT does a storey on these hoons.
Might take the focus off the whole P-platers in V8's thing for a while though ey? This movie could be useful for something yet!

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #39
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaman
Might take the focus off the whole P-platers in V8's thing for a while though ey? This movie could be useful for something yet!
I hadn't though of it that way...
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 01:17 AM   #40
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Well if watching a movie about illegal racing and the consequences it incurs causes people to be stupid on the street and expect to get away with it, then I guess the next time I watch a war film I'll go find myself a suitable weapon and start ИИИИing everyone who hasn't shaved.
Old 21-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #41
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT071
your an idiot. Lets ban anything that we dont like ay?

Yeah I realy did like the original as it had some good $$$ spent on the movie. The 2nd one I wasnt too thrilled by since 1/3 were computer graphics in the racing (meh). But still i did go see it and its in with my DVD's.

Ill go see this anyway since im one for Imports and as you peeps call it rice. Plus I can see what ill be installing later that week bwahahha

Oh and I think it sucks banannas that Vin Diesel isnt in this! I mean i put up with the 2nd one because at least ONE major original charicter cept for the FBI guy was in it, but this? Meh Lets hope there are hot chicks at least :party3:

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post