Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #151
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default Re: Final Commodores for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Ive been told i'll get access to the photo's of mine going down the line as well, fingers crossed its True...

God I cant wait to pick the Damn thing up!!!
so how did you go? should have got it by now..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2017, 05:59 PM   #152
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day all , Merry Christmas by the way to all fellow AFF'ers. The night they ran the 60 Minutes story about Holden's closure , i missed it for some reason but i saw it on YT a day or two ago. I really admire the way Holden tried to alleviate the closure as best they could and the story suggested that 80% of the factory workers either retired or found other work. Not too bad all things considered.
Anyone know how Ford and Toyota workers fared in that way ?
With Holden , Toyota and Ford all part of local manufacturing history now all we can do is appreciate what we got , and enjoy cars that so many of us currently own or have owned in the past. Enjoy the past and present for some great stuff but we may well lament the future in that regard.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #153
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
so how did you go? should have got it by now..
Yep got it... Though had some issues with the Car I was meant to get. Its a long story that irritates me BUT I ended up with the same car, but in Light My Fire Orange... Loving it...

As for the photo's of it on the line, I had meant to ask for them but, to be honest, my lifes been a bit nuts of late and I hadn't spoken to the dealer about them.. Will have to get onto it..

If I get them I'll throw one up...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #154
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was a recall for inlet rockers on August 2017 onwards LS3 cars - was that part of the issue Daz?
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #155
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Was a recall for inlet rockers on August 2017 onwards LS3 cars - was that part of the issue Daz?
it isn't listed, what recall.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #156
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
it isn't listed, what recall.
It's not a safety recall..
Quote:
Faulty rocker arms force Holden to fix the 6.2-litre LS3 in the last of its V8 Commodores
https://www.motoring.com.au/holden-s...rouble-110179/

Holden will repair the 6.2-litre LS3 engine in the final 2000 or so V8 Commodores built this year following reports of engine noise and even failure in cars with as little as 50km on the clock.

The problem has been traced to a faulty batch of inlet rocker arms produced by a new supplier for the North American-made General Motors V8 since early this year.

Motoring.com.au understands that only Commodore SS, Sportwagon SS, Ute SS, Calais V8 and Caprice vehicles produced between about July and the end of VFII Commodore production in October are affected.

Holden says it has advised “a small number” of affected owners of the service campaign, which is not a safety recall, directly by mail, adding that the majority of vehicles involved are still at Holden dealers or with Holden itself.

According to LS1.com.au forum member Micks, stocks of replacement rocker arms is not due to become available to dealers for retro-fitting until December 18.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #157
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Nah mate, the bloke who was buying my Mazda lost his job and backed out at the last minute... I asked the dealer to be patient and give me a few weeks to find another buyer but they just told me they had another buyer for the Grey One, the sale of my Mazda was a condition on the contract and they sold the car to the other guy.. Was it legal for them to do this? No idea but they did and with my boy sick I didn't put up to much of a fight... Found another buyer within 4 days and went with a different dealer... Had a choice of White, Black, Grey and Orange in a Manual.. Hadnt seen an Orange SSV Redline before.. Once I saw the colour I was sold... Managed to score an awesome Deal anyway... The Rocker issue didn't affect my one but I do know that Holden put a stop on all affected cars from being delivered... My New one was built 2 August though so maybe I will double check...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #158
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Nah mate, the bloke who was buying my Mazda lost his job and backed out at the last minute... I asked the dealer to be patient and give me a few weeks to find another buyer but they just told me they had another buyer for the Grey One, the sale of my Mazda was a condition on the contract and they sold the car to the other guy.. Was it legal for them to do this? No idea but they did and with my boy sick I didn't put up to much of a fight... Found another buyer within 4 days and went with a different dealer... Had a choice of White, Black, Grey and Orange in a Manual.. Hadnt seen an Orange SSV Redline before.. Once I saw the colour I was sold... Managed to score an awesome Deal anyway... The Rocker issue didn't affect my one but I do know that Holden put a stop on all affected cars from being delivered... My New one was built 2 August though so maybe I will double check...
I read someplace the issue was on Jul 10 dated cars onward...to the end. But relatively quick fix so yours may have been done already.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post